Klei inspired by my Willow ideas?!

That is so neat. Not sure if this is a massive coincidence or not, but seems plausable. Willow has these new skills in the update:

Hungry Lighter:  Absorb fires with your lighter to refuel it.

Ember Tender: Collect embers from burned creatures with your lighter (like mana)

There are spell skills aswell including the shadow flame spell, though those are the main mechanics. 

I sprinkled the concept occasionally in discussions, though i did decide to make a post about it.

(From hindsight, my version was overcomplex and was more of a full rework, Klei has done a much better job themselves. The idea was presented pretty poorly, i had done it ages ago i cringe at it)

Willow fire mage Concept

22 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

It sounds to me like they took what they did with wicker as a foundation and worked more on that. When wicker got that fire pen book it upset a lot of people who wanted that for willow. Congratulations willow!

:yaypigs:

There is alot of things like shadow flame and the frost flame which link together.

3 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Now you made a thread about having made a thread. :applause: It is amazing that there is no subforum for circle posting.

I put it there for evidence. I wanted to show that some of the ideas i made for Willow seem to have been part of inspirarion rather than promote it.

9 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

Actually they took inspiration from me because I've been advocating for Willow spells and fire absorption sense 2021 :)

Hide contents

Joking, obviously. We both know that these ideas where both fairly obvious and intuitive.

I never saw any, not sure how common it was, the absorbing fires for mana with lighter seems very specific.

12 minutes ago, ButterStuffed said:

Hate to break it to ya, but all the concepts introduced to Willow have been suggested for as long as I can remember.

Rip.

It is mainly things like these from my idea that i saw key simularities in:

"lighters can be refueled by absorbing fire with them in hand"

"Absorbing regular fires will increase her fire mana thermoneter. "

"Blazing Glory: Deal Increased damage to enemies set on fire"

+ the idea of spells.

There were ideas and concepts for fire ice spells and a shadow fire spells too, though they are instead alignments in this update and function fully differently. Thank you for telling me though. 

Archived