Prediction Poll

What do you think the next update will contain?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple choice question

• Skill trees
    • Riff content
    • Qol Update
    • Revision of old things (e.g boss reworks, fixing monkey pirate raids, atmosphere update)
    • Other

I want a big ocean update, with unique islands, resources maybe a few shipwrecked references, I desperately want an ocean update.

The caves could also use content updates, some kind of ROG but in the caves.

To connect with the branch let's say that the unnatural portal and ancient gateway overclock in a way and create who knows what. I love imagination.

5 hours ago, azazel3221 said:

I want skill trees or ocean content but imma be realistic, we'll probably get 3 shadow counterparts to the zombie bosses and nothing more

There's more work involved in making new models and animations for bosses than there would be to do reworks.

JoeW has been hinting at an update to the way the world generates game content for idk probably the past 2 years now, so I’m going to guess that the next beta is going to be that in Addition to a new batch of skill trees.

I do NOT think the next update will be a Rift content update for the From Beyond arc (they said we’d get 3 of those this year & we’ve already got 3.)

What continues to mysteriously be absent however is new world Gen options and reworked existing areas of the game, such as bosses, biomes or ocean exploration.

Since this is the last update of the year for the game, and what we will all be playing till Klei returns from Holiday Break, I’m gonna guess they’re going to want to give us something a little more then JUST skill trees.

But I highly doubt it’ll be a content/lore heavy from beyond update.

1 hour ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

Wasn't said in last KLei Stream that they are working on Walter's and some more (I forgot whom exactly) Skill Trees?

There is a rumour it will be Wx, Walter and Wurt from last stream. Not confirmed, the person who thought they recongnised it said this too.

1 minute ago, Jakepeng99 said:

There is a rumour it will be Wx, Walter and Wurt from last stream. Not confirmed, the person who thought they recongnised it said this too.

So someone watched the stream, nothing of that sort was said, but they concluded it must be WX, Walter, Wurt? Sounds legit.
Typical average forumer reaction, heh.

I do hope that the next update will be character skill trees, as the developers were aware of Walter's slingshot from this discovery back in September:

Screenshot2023-11-18205452.png.83ecb6251ba06736e2201f1427fa51eb.png

Credit to @Arcwell for finding this. This might have been the basis for rumors that Walter would be included for the next batch of skill trees in the near future.

20 hours ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

I do hope that the next update will be character skill trees, as the developers were aware of Walter's slingshot from this discovery back in September:

Screenshot2023-11-18205452.png.83ecb6251ba06736e2201f1427fa51eb.png

Credit to @Arcwell for finding this. This might have been the basis for rumors that Walter would be included for the next batch of skill trees in the near future.

I think if Walter's getting a skill tree then Willow's pretty likely to get one too at the same time. They both would fit well together for the "survival guide" type shorts with both having perks relevant to fire, like the "firewood" theme for Wormwood and Woodie, and they shared appearances in the terrors home screen, despite not actually appearing in the trailer itself, which is unusual (although admittedly circumstantial.

I do wonder who would be the third to round things out.  If the theme IS campfire, I would think the 3r'd would be picked from WX-78, Wortox, Winona or Warly. I'd probably guess one of the former two, as Wx-78 might've been teased last short, while Wortox would make it F2P survivors + 1 DLC, like the last batch.

On 11/19/2023 at 5:15 PM, WenericMember said:

while Wortox would make it F2P survivors + 1 DLC, like the last batch.

I was thinking the same thing. I really like that wormwood was in the first batch. Anyone can still enjoy new content, and the dlc characteristics aren't being left out. 14 survivors left, so about a 20% chance for any specific survivor. Still hoping for wortox next though lol

Archived