will we in the far future get a Ham/Ship dst ?

Not a dlc, an actual fully aside game, kind of how DST took the base of ROG, why not ? 

And no, I don't want to hear someone say : "there's mod for this huahuahua." I'm making this post for everyone (consoles, PC and all that)

I just love those dlc's, I completed them 100% during my summer vacation hu-hu-hu, but I want to see them in a pretty DST way, refined, polished, multiplayer and still getting some updates (I think it's codable, right ?). It just feels so empty to have them kind of disappear like that...(I LOVE YOU IRON HULK).

Eventually....DST will come to an end, out of idea's maybe or other problems, so again, why not ?

This post is not a place for useless debates and all, so instead of becoming Enraged Klaus's and invoke the lord JoeW let's hold hands and accept everyone's opinion. 

oh yeah..I changed my profile picture... LADIES LADIES, control yourself. (that's my way of talking, I'm not a weirdo)

Yeah Klei has such a weird mentality. I will spend 20quid each for both shipwrecked and hamlet as dlc expansions to dst.

But they have adopted the "mobile game" design for DST which is; keep the base game cheap that goes on sale often so loads of people buy it and then earn all the money from low work, time efficient skin packs.

That way instead of doing big grand dlc expansions like hamlet and shipwrecked for DST they can get away with smaller more frequent updates with new skins everytime and earn alot more money for alot less work.

Can we really hate them for this tho? Tencent bought klei because tencent also does this tactic with all their mobile games. Klei was like "we already fit in with your current sales method" tencent was like "great bro let me buy u up! Om nom nom"

Maybe? Seeing theres even a mod to bring shipwrecked into dst, the want is there, although I feel the ocean in dst was(is?) their attempt at trying to get in on that.

As for hamlet, I think theyre just slowly gonna port copycats of things into the game and thats that.

Who knows tho, maybe in a few years we'll see something. I wouldnt bet on it tho, just my sentiments

I want both dlc's in the base game. 

I don't think we'll ever get either, but if you keep the enthusiasm up, it's realistic that we get features inspired by each DLC.

I'm the biggest vocal proponent of hamlet features making it into the base game. I want an economy in game with real money, I want houses, I want everything.

Even sailing in dst is near unplayable before you get the malbatross beak. There is something really off with the standard wood paddle. I think that having the boating system that works in the middle ground between what we have now and shipwrecked would go a long way.

We probably won't get either in the main game, but again, make your passion known and it inspires others.

In turn, hopefully we get patches that bring that world into dst. 

Features/concepts could be brought over individually.
But probably not in terms of porting the whole DLCs to DST. There are a lot of problems with it, but the two biggest ones...

Problem one: DLC in multiplayer games splits up the playerbase...when done in specific ways. There are ways around it, but Klei specified not wanting to make content DLCs because of that.
Problem two: Shipwrecked's boating system could nearly invalidate DST's, without modifying one or both.

If we're talking just allowing players to generate a Shipwrecked or Hamlet world and play those DLCs approximately 'as-is', but with multiplayer...
I can tell you that people would expect it to be free (or cheap) for owners of the single player DLC. Which brings into question whether the dev time spent making everything work as expected (and upkeeping it) in DST would be worthwhile. It also creates a problem of having to decide which content is appropriate to port between the two, without breaking the identity of either.

5 minutes ago, maradyne said:

Features/concepts could be brought over individually.
But probably not in terms of porting the whole DLCs to DST. There are a lot of problems with it, but the two biggest ones...

Problem one: DLC in multiplayer games splits up the playerbase...when done in specific ways. There are ways around it, but Klei specified not wanting to make content DLCs because of that.
Problem two: Shipwrecked's boating system could nearly invalidate DST's, without modifying one or both.

If we're talking just allowing players to generate a Shipwrecked or Hamlet world and play those DLCs approximately 'as-is', but with multiplayer...
I can tell you that people would expect it to be free (or cheap) for owners of the single player DLC. Which brings into question whether the dev time spent making everything work as expected (and upkeeping it) in DST would be worthwhile. It also creates a problem of having to decide which content is appropriate to port between the two, without breaking the identity of either.

Who cares. Lets split the player base. Alot of people play DST solo anyway. DLC content on this scale that changes the entire map or world that we play in will bring in so many new players. 

DS is a great game but DST is the future so im prepared to sacrifice the identity of the original DS to move into the future and also Klei should make us pay for the expansions even if you own the DS versions. I own both already and im willing to pay.

People will complain but the people who complain will be long time fans who will always end up buying the dlcs anyway so Klei needs to be a d**k if it means we all can get this content.

10 minutes ago, maradyne said:

I think that is point is one of the more irrelevant ones. There is enough game mode to go around. Splits up the player base is a point that's beaten till unresponsive and it assumes that one can't play one without the other.

To say, It will probably not make it in, but the playerbase being split is highly irrelevant. A lot of people just want to play with others. 

8 minutes ago, chirsg said:

I think that is point is one of the more irrelevant ones

Agreed.
I'm most partial to Risk of Rain 2/Dawn of War's approach:
Anyone could join anyone's game, regardless of map content, but you would only be able to pick certain characters if you have their DLC, encouraging people to get it anyway while giving them a chance to see it in action.

We already have part of that system in place actually; Wormwood gets unlocked if you own Hamlet.

10 minutes ago, goblinball said:

I feel like porting shipwrecked and hamlet would probably take much longer and be more complicated than just pressing ctrl c + ctrl v. It’d probably take a long while and a lot of changes and effort to port them.

Yeah, aside from the issues mentioned about splitting the playerbase. Porting all of this wouldn't be that simple. There's a lot of things that would need to be rebalanced and fixed to plug it into DST. And while more content is always nice for players, I'd imagine this would take a lot of time and drive out of the developers. Stopping their current plans to focus on porting old content doesn't really seem exciting. And is just an interruption to their current vision and development. But I'm not a dev, so I can only assume.

Just something I want to mention because it was not this clear in my post, I'm not asking for an expansion, this will split the playerbase, A SEPERATED GAME. A DST but Shipwrecked, A DST but Hamlet, right now we have the DST but ROG. That's how I want this to go if possible.

2 hours ago, JustAFlower said:

Just something I want to mention because it was not this clear in my post, I'm not asking for an expansion, this will split the playerbase, A SEPERATED GAME. A DST but Shipwrecked, A DST but Hamlet, right now we have the DST but ROG. That's how I want this to go if possible.

In fact, the player community has long been divided by mods. You can go to the server list to see how many servers there are of all kinds.

3 hours ago, JustAFlower said:

I feel like a lot of the community would dislike this approach. Part of what makes DS so great is you have the option to go between all 3 worlds. Staying in one world for an extended period of time would get quite boring unless they made heavy modifications to how the game works. That’s how I felt when playing SW for mobile (as that, quite literally, is a separated game.)

I just feel it wouldn’t be ideal/fun unless it was DLC/an update for for DST. While getting multiple shards to work is an endeavor in of itself, the payoff is worth so much as well. 

1 hour ago, Maxil20 said:

I feel like a lot of the community would dislike this approach. Part of what makes DS so great is you have the option to go between all 3 worlds. Staying in one world for an extended period of time would get quite boring unless they made heavy modifications to how the game works. That’s how I felt when playing SW for mobile (as that, quite literally, is a separated game.)

I just feel it wouldn’t be ideal/fun unless it was DLC/an update for for DST. While getting multiple shards to work is an endeavor in of itself, the payoff is worth so much as well. 

I can relate to this, but the servers definitely won't survive, especially those on the nintendo switch. Also the RAM or magic electronic stuff on other things than PC, won't like it. (you can't upgrade a console, that's sad :( )

5 hours ago, JustAFlower said:

Go talk to that lovely french guy, he has a lot to tell you.

4 minutes ago, JustAFlower said:

Il y a un Français dans ces forums ? Et je ne l'ai jamais trouvé ? Merde. Or is it Warly ?

A few Days ago an allegedly french user made a post asking for the oposite of what you asked (bringing DST to DS).

Also, to keep this on topic. I also love the Ham DLC, it made me buy and play the game (since it was a megapack I got everything from the DS franchise), and I would love some of the things to get reworked and ported over, but due the current monetization format, I don't think that your suggestions would be viable.

Archived