Brain Storm New Loot For Lunar Bee Queen And Lunar Dragonfly

I really want some fancy new loot after seeing the bear bin and the eye-ce-r.

1. BQ

I'm thinking about bee queen can finally drop something that allows us to produce honeycomb or bee wax. Honeycombs are not game-changing but a hustle to renew for base building.

I'm calling it bee home.

You build it in the middle of 3 bee boxes, and that thing slowly grows honeycomb. I believe this mech can reuse existing code.

6pvmu70z8dw71.jpg.949da31bbf3ee6d545294eda4d6bd4de.jpg

I think it will also be a cool upgrade to the bee farm decorations.

2. Dragonfly

Since it's the late-late game, I imagine it's okay to manipulate mechanics that's never been touched before.

I think Dragonfly should drop the tactic pouch, which, of course, is made of scale.

- It's a bonus body slot backpack. it doesn't occupy the original body slots. Instead, it's a bonus slot above the body slot, similar to slingshot ammo to the slingshot. Equipping the pouch will put it above body slots, and body slots will still be free to equip another backpack, sack, armor, clothing or amulet.

- There is a catch: Tactic pouch has durability. When durability reaches 0, it's broken, and unable to be worn. But can still be opened to access the items inside. In other words, a broken tactic pouch is like a chest.

- How does the pouch lose durability? When players are attacked. Durability has 2500 hit points. So it will break after you've used up 5 night armors. Sewing kit repairs 20% or 1 night armor's worth of hit point. Or alternatively, repairment can require only the Brightshade Repair Kit to full hp

- Tactic Pounch doesn't burn, because it's made of scale, just like a scaled chest.

- Tactic Pouch can be stored in your inventory, just like the bear bin.

Alternatively, Dragonfly can drop bp for Stretchable Lining. Clothing related again. Equipping it gives a bonus slot again above the original body slots, which allows you to equip another clothing or armor or amulet, but not backpacks.

I really want extra body slots because it'll give people a different game experience.

OR... alternatively, how about a portal wardrobe that can store up to 6 helmets, armors, or wearable? It's kinda a lot to carry them around to battle without a bundling wrap. I fancy the idea of having a portable wardrobe or armory all year round, hehe.

Thanks for reading.

Share your ideas.

Planar Grumble bee swarm attack :crushed:

Also id love renewable wax, tho it does seem like a subpar reward after what you need to do, should probably do other stuff too.

Maybe it can also auto talk to plants in a giant range since, idk, bees? (Weird normal ones dont already do that tho). Idk, whats something bees do/bee related that a structure could do/produce

2 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Idk, whats something bees do/bee related that a structure could do/produce

Based on your idea, bees can improve far crops life cycle. Allow bees to pollinate farm crops to decrease their stress points.

or produce royal jelly lol, too op.

I want to actually instead brainstorm new combat mechanics for them instead, which goes side by side with new loot… for dragonfly in particular- I want the new version of her fight to Moontate the battle area around her, and the player can’t place any structures.

This is vital to how the fight plays out, because at certain time intervals an area of the moontated battle arena will crack, allowing placement of a structure.

This is HIGHLY Important, because the new Lunar Dragonfly now breathes a literal field of fire, and to avoid taking fire damage from it, the player needs to place the IceCrystaleyezer in the spot of ground that cracks allowing structure placement.

Later I’ll draw up some concept arts for it to explain better.

I'll add a suggestion:

Bee queen: Fay Flower

A big magical flower that exudes pollen into the air. Speeds up honey production in an area (removes the need of flowers too), makes all surrounding bees friendly, and slows down nearby hostiles with it's spores. I think the area could be like 40% smaller than the fling-o.

The flower lives forever and can be placed in a vase to have boat bee boxes.

If the flowers the queen drops could be different colors and could be cross bred to make rare colored flowers; well that alone could add something for people to do. 

As for the fight: it could be cool if the possessed bee hive instead changed to a big lunar bulb. It blooms to reveal a parasitic bee queen/lunar lotus fusion. Something that looks like the Pokemon Florges. 

671.png.bd0af55ec36dacd5b9941f75b4877cc7.png

The birth to the Fay queen.

I think if a brightshade grows near the hive unbothered it could eventually infect the hive. I rather not fight bee queen to get to lunar bee queen cause then that so much hp combined.

Enlightened Furnace from dfly maybe? Big sanity boost (and puts you in enlightenment mode but no gestalts), normal heat aura and you can place a stack of food inside (one slot so one stack at a time) and over ten seconds or so it cooks them all to cooked version. Little ding sound when it's done, if you take it out like 10 seconds after the ding it's a stack of ash instead?

I really like the tactical pouch concept though. Could be a great way to allow backpack plus armor/clothing at once.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I want to actually instead brainstorm new combat mechanics for them instead, which goes side by side with new loot… for dragonfly in particular- I want the new version of her fight to Moontate the battle area around her, and the player can’t place any structures.

This is vital to how the fight plays out, because at certain time intervals an area of the moontated battle arena will crack, allowing placement of a structure.

This is HIGHLY Important, because the new Lunar Dragonfly now breathes a literal field of fire, and to avoid taking fire damage from it, the player needs to place the IceCrystaleyezer in the spot of ground that cracks allowing structure placement.

Later I’ll draw up some concept arts for it to explain better.

Neat concept, only problem is that the Crystaleyzer is 1) expensive and 2) not a quick place structure like walls, you have to do the full crafting animation and then put in a deerclops eye. Having to place a Crystalezer for every instance of this attack doesn't seem like it'd feel that good to play. 

I think it'd be nice to re-introduce the brain-of-thought item from one of the lunar/shadow bosses(there ARE going to be shadow bosses, right Klei?), 

Maybe the way it could work could be changed to be more interactive, like you have to distill knowledge into it like the archives and it learns to act as those crafting stations.

Don't tell me I will have to go through an entire DF's health bar only for it to spring back to life while having planar defence and dealing planar damage.

(I'm only half-joking.... but the perspective of doing raid bosses twice seems terryfying for  a solo player)

As crazy as fighting a Lunar Mutant Bee Queen and DragonFly would be... it would be pretty cool to get a full BQ Armor Set.

BQ Body Armor
- ALONE by itself:
- Like what YVVT said, 80-85% damage reduction with like 600 HP
- Maybe grants a speed boost (BQ is quick, makes sense her armor would give a speed boost)
- And since it's from a Lunar Mutant Boss, the Planar Defense also makes sense/would be nice.

- COMBINED with the BQ Crown, some combination of the following would be cool:
- Stops bees from exiting Bee Boxes when you harvest honey
- Turns Killer Bees (not Grumbles) into followers that will attack mobs with you
- Possibly the Honey Trail... but I will probably get stuck in that more than the mobs attacking me would.
BQArmor.thumb.jpg.067392869d8b97bf8645df953598dc3c.jpg

For the Dfly... I could see the Dfly turning into a Cold Fire Fly that has cold fire attacks like the new Varg... and it drops a blueprint for an Iced Furnace like you see in the mod(s). Infinite light source, gradual cooling effect, maybe a large radius for wildfire resistance... buuut we already got the Ice Crystaleyezer for that... *kicks some dirt*

Main thing is it doesn't seem like the BQ or Dfly are on the list for Lunar Mutant variations at this time... which might be a good thing.

Anywho, made some doodles of the BQ Body Armor cuz it felt like a fun thing to do.

46 minutes ago, WONTow said:

Honestly, I think the other bosses should be shadow afflicted. Shadow Spider Queen, Shadow Mooseoose and Shadow Dragonfly.

They really should do something about Moosegoose because she so pathetic lmao.

Shadow rifts are in caves, moose goose and dfly aren't and hardly anyone sets up spider farms in caves and idk how would they give a tip about killing specifically them, since while it made sense for wagstaff to leave notes about gestalts potentially infesting bearger, varg and deerclops, i doubt charlie would just leave a note about spider queen getting corrupted by pure horror somewhere.

Archived