Is fire staff too powerful against crystal deerclops?

I think having the fire staff be crystal deerclops’ weakness is very creative and fun; however, I feel like it is too exploitable and makes the fight too easy. Just spam fire staff then ctrl f and that’s the entire fight. For reference, here’s catperson doing exactly what I’m talking about: https://youtu.be/X8Dm4qCTImA?si=x-J5ia7HFLMTQlOO

do you guys think this makes the fight too easy, and should be nerfed? (Maybe give it a cap of the number of times you can burn deerclops, or something) I’m curious to see what you guys think

While indeed giving Fire Staff utility in this manner represents a good choice/direction, I do find quite lackluster how "Undead"/Lunar-mutated DC is pretty much powerless vs this fire strat. Perhaps either the time DC is doing its "incapacitated" animation should be lowered or after 2-3 Fire Staff/Fire use, the behemoth gains immunity to fire for a certain time interval (akin GunPowder vs bosses mechanic). These new late-game mobs - and especially bosses - should be harder to deal with even when employing "cut-corners".

Fire staff deniers.

I know what you mean though, he could gain a small resistance the more you stun him. I think the stuns in general could use a little balance.

But resistance that also slowly wears off. I don't mind it though, it's deerclops after all (aka the "first" boss; and (one of) the "first" moon bosses so being easy makes sense.

And stuns might be more important in harder fights so perhaps they are balanced.

I dread what possessed crab king would be, also instead of crap loot, this time your reward is your save data gets corrupted. 

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Fire staff deniers.

I know what you mean though, he could gain a small resistance the more you stun him. I think the stuns in general could use a little balance.

But resistance that also slowly wears off. I don't mind it though, it's deerclops after all (aka the "first" boss; and (one of) the "first" moon boss' so being easy makes sense.

I dread what possessed crab king would be, also instead of crap loot, this time your reward is your save data gets corrupted. 

You just get a piece of paper written "congargulation"

5 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

dread what possessed crab king would be, also instead of crap loot, this time your reward is your save data gets corrupted. 

Isn’t crab king already somewhat possessed? Isn’t that what caused him to run away from Pearl in the first place?

17 minutes ago, Dextops said:

Isn’t crab king already somewhat possessed? Isn’t that what caused him to run away from Pearl in the first place?

I could be wrong but I believe Crab King's mind is simply broken after he was enslaved by "them"; due to a deal that was a trap.

I think it would be better to have its weakness disable its ice circle while continuing to use a basic attack until you get it 2 or 3 times, where it will have a ~1.5-2x incapacitated state. Rewards being aggressive with a quicker kill but can also be patient.

The ice walls in Fortnite make me look at Iceclops getting owned by a firestaff an laugh… this thing should be throwing up these ice walls like Fortnite to block atleast SOME of your Firestaff/Fiery Pen attempts on it.

it would be pretty cool and add even more difference between normal clops & it’s Ice Variant.

Hit & Melt its ice walls till an opening to hit the ice shard in its face opens up!

Archived