Tables to allow all items

ADM

2 decorative tables got added, and they are the only ones that can be used for decorative items display (the replica relic didn't inherit of this, or yet). These are good building additions as decorating makes up for a lot of the player time and work on our imagination.

1.png.ed6a173fc264ebe8f2cda3b95e44fbad.png 1.png.e38a399fd1ba121fbb4dfea514fc0e06.png 1.png.547436584604294119546af0aa75bb02.png

However, the fact that these allows only a very narrow set of items undermines the whole goal of adding tables. I was really pleased seeing chairs turning functional and getting a few more designs, emote compatibility and all that, it's absolutely amazing ! Tables will never be that great in comparison as they are.

There's only one way to fix it : just allow all items to be placed on tables (or forbid only problematic ones with a tag if you can think of any), removing the difference between standard item and the decorative ones. Everything is decor in the right setup. :encouragement:

Bonus : I'm sure many of us would love to put food on the table, but as we know, that spoils, could waxing be extended to a few more things such as Crock Pot food perhaps ?

14 minutes ago, ADM said:

Bonus : I'm sure many of us would love to put food on the table, but as we know, that spoils, could waxing be extended to a few more things such as Crock Pot food perhaps ?

I think i remember them saying that putting food on it will be a thing at one point but not right now

45 minutes ago, Memetan said:

What about End tables? They were in the game for a long time, have 4 skins, but his only purpose is just put flowers, and you can already do that with the new tables.

Stagehand.png.760eefcbd979ddc970fbbc76fd5c3593.pnghaha.PNG.00920e35d9076f535c2c6b95504643ea.PNG

You can put glowberries and light bulbs for infinite light for some amount of days.

Ferns too

1 hour ago, Memetan said:

What about End tables? They were in the game for a long time, have 4 skins, but his only purpose is just put flowers, and you can already do that with the new tables.

Stagehand.png.760eefcbd979ddc970fbbc76fd5c3593.pnghaha.PNG.00920e35d9076f535c2c6b95504643ea.PNG

Seperate the vase and the End Table, then we can have both pretty pottery and a pretty table.

+1 to seperating the end table and the pot, I don't see any reason why that couldn't be done outside of maybe requiring new directional sprites for the end table.

I also think it'd be nice if Merms, Bunnies and Pigs were able to sit on chairs since they are also bipedal and intelligent enough to use them.

1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

Just wanted to say I still hope the furniture gets attention still since most of the focus is on the lunar hail and bosses rn.

There's still time left in the beta, but I do imagine furniture is a lower priority. They did mention working on it more in the future, with them figuring out how to do stuff like putting foods and items on the table during the stream though!

Archived