[Game Update] - 566991

This is my opinion on the update and what i have to say about Wolfgang in this update

This update is a very good step in the right direction, making previously boring and one directional characters more gimmicky and unique, however i would say there are some things that should be balanced like Wolfgang. Wolfgang is already incredibly powerful and mighty, i already play him a lot as is and now he became even more powerful, being able to deal more damage and become even better for gathering resources, I find it very unbalanced and it will make other players play Wolfgang because he is simply better than everyone else, being able to clear forests in very few swings if lucky enough. Making Wolfgang deal even more damage is a little too much with barely any downsides.
and to top that all of he is capable of faster movement, making him even better for exploring the map, all of that sounds a little much combined. to solve that problem i dont think that removing a fun mechanic about a fun character is a good idea, instead of that you could add some weaknesses like crafting much slower than others, al though that sounds usles it can show a strong impact if you need to craft something mid fight, Wolfgang's vulnerability to sanity drain is barely noticeable and I think that the stronger Wolfgang is the higher his sanity drain is. Some little weaknesses to Wolfgang wont make him less fun, it will make him more balanced, having weaknesses could also be fun in my opinion.
This is all just my opinion, i do not mean anything too serious, this is all just a suggestion 

• Like 1

Everyone who said that no other character would have skill tree except Wilson because it wouldn't make sense, apologize at once.

Also, I like that it's a skill tree update and the short is all about trees. Heh.

• Sanity 1

On 7/27/2023 at 12:39 PM, Notecja said:

Where is Lucy skin? WHERE IS LUCY SKIN? ;_;
:C

Yeah we need Lucy skins along with any other character pacific companions  pacifically triumphant/moonbound please Klei 

I wonder if all characters will get archaic skins and maybe ruins versions

Edited by Dr.Webber

On 7/27/2023 at 2:02 PM, Jason said:

Equipment forged from the Brightsmithy and Shadowcraft Plinth are now no longer prototype-able but can be repaired using specific repair kits

I can still craft the items far away from the brightsmithy, is that a bug? maybe I misunderstood this sentence because english is not my first language, sorry if that's the case

wtf.png

2 hours ago, Zima Blue said:

I can still craft the items far away from the brightsmithy, is that a bug? maybe I misunderstood this sentence because english is not my first language, sorry if that's the case

They said in the stream this bug will be fixed.

• Like 2

I wish a little more description was given to some of these skills…

the Coaching Whistle in particular is highly annoying, first of all: I didn’t know you can only be in “Normal” form to use it.

And secondly- once you do use it (& have no other players or A.I followers) Wolfgang walks around for 2 hours confusing the crap out of you talking about needing/wanting a “Team”

What I Did NOT understand was that he will continue to repeatedly & annoyingly do this until you go to Normal form mode & blow the whistle again to “Stop Coaching”

• Shopcat 1

24 minutes ago, Starman7408 said:

904658141_Screenshot2023-07-29235036.png.f1044a9fc8d98e0a48a30fc00b7946ef.png

That’s not at all what I meant, the Coaching Whistle is a craftable item you can make after allocating a skill point into it, However… you can also drop this item on the ground and any Wolfgang who has yet to invest in this skill can pick it up & still use it.

So.. unlike picking up Willows Lighter & it just instantly working: inspecting the whistle itself should have a very clear inspect quote that you must be in “Not so Buff Mode” to use it.

• Wavey 2
  • Shopcat 1

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s not at all what I meant, the Coaching Whistle is a craftable item you can make after allocating a skill point into it, However… you can also drop this item on the ground and any Wolfgang who has yet to invest in this skill can pick it up & still use it.

So.. unlike picking up Willows Lighter & it just instantly working: inspecting the whistle itself should have a very clear inspect quote that you must be in “Not so Buff Mode” to use it.

They can still see the skill tree perk 

43 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wolfgang currently has quotes for this!
If you try and blow the whistle, he'll play a unique quote telling you he isn't in the right shape to start coaching!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Coolest Cyborg said:

If there will be skill points for every character will there be one for Wes?

In their latest stream Klei stated they want players who play Wes to share why they play Wes, so they have a better idea of what to do with his skill tree!

So if you're a Wes player and are looking forward to one, I suggest sharing why you enjoy Wes and what you'd like to see in his skill tree.

• Like 6
  • Big Ups 1

4 hours ago, -Variant said:

In their latest stream Klei stated they want players who play Wes to share why they play Wes, so they have a better idea of what to do with his skill tree!

So if you're a Wes player and are looking forward to one, I suggest sharing why you enjoy Wes and what you'd like to see in his skill tree.

Great idea, that way we can bully them where it hurta

• Like 1

new balloons:

let him fly except he loses 5-10 hp after each trip when he falls out of the sky; if his trip ends over water, he goes swimming. 

lets him gain followers (namely pigs/bunnymen). hat given to follower will buff their damage by 30% except theres a 50/50 chance if the follower will be loyal or hostile to wes