The game getting easier is an idea that doesnt make sense

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Summer Wildfires Burned away a ton of Mushroom rings? No worries they’ll regrow!

It's realistic tho. Mushrooms do regrow. They always do. You can't eliminate them in a way that matters.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

And yes sure there are “options” to choose to disable regrowth for mushrooms or whatever, but if I’m playing a game mode labeled as SURVIVAL then I shouldn’t have resources regrowing like I’m playing on Relaxed or Endless.

A lot of SURVIVAL games out there have renewable resources. So i don't see why SURVIVAL should mean no resources renewability.

Plus in DS you can renew everything too via various means including world hoping.

4 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

It's realistic tho. Mushrooms do regrow. They always do. You can't eliminate them in a way that matters.

A lot of SURVIVAL games out there have renewable resources. So i don't see why SURVIVAL should mean no resources renewability.

Plus in DS you can renew everything too via various means including world hoping.

People always forget that world hopping exists in DS, like, quite literally everything in DS is renewable if you're willing to sacrifice the previous world from the dlc you hop in.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:23 AM, Evelo said:

Really sick of catering to the mega baser community. Celestial Portal, Wormwood's plant making skills, pillars, portals spawning and boulders falling away from structures. At this point Klei is effectively saying, "If you aren't mega basing you aren't our target audience." It really is a shame I feel.

Wait you need to megabase to avoid all of those things and survive ? How big is your "base" by the time you get all the rifts content done? Do you do it underground ?
In what way did the portals change for you if you not a base builder btw ? Don't they still spawn with the same way and do exacly the same thing as before, minus expanding to builds?
Also aren't shadow rifts the same thing for you as-well or you going to become a builder too and use the pillars ? :)

I love how people who clearly don't build love building desctruction mechanics instead of asking for truly CHARACTER threatning mechanics like Acid Raid that they can very well expand by making underground mobs mutate, by even adding poison if you get to exposed to it, and true poison, not the post-nerf joke that it is in DS.
Also people have been building bases since DST Beta, because once you beat any survival game, you either stop or you build. And thats what people did back in the day in both DS an DST Beta.

2 hours ago, GLERMZ said:

Wait you need to megabase to avoid all of those things and survive ? How big is your "base" by the time you get all the rifts content done? Do you do it underground ?
In what way did the portals change for you if you not a base builder btw ? Don't they still spawn with the same way and do exacly the same thing as before, minus expanding to builds?
Also aren't shadow rifts the same thing for you as-well or you going to become a builder too and use the pillars ? :)

I love how people who clearly don't build love building desctruction mechanics instead of asking for truly CHARACTER threatning mechanics like Acid Raid that they can very well expand by making underground mobs mutate, by even adding poison if you get to exposed to it, and true poison, not the post-nerf joke that it is in DS.
Also people have been building bases since DST Beta, because once you beat any survival game, you either stop or you build. And thats what people did back in the day in both DS an DST Beta.

Yeah, I said that in frustration. I've done reflecting since that post and feel differently now. Well with most of the aspects. Skills like Wilson's transmutations and Wormwood's plant crafting really could easily be moved to a workstation that is used by anyone rather than be character specific skills in this new era of skill trees. (Plus for the plant crafts Klei could give the recipes a compost requirement which would be nice cause that still has no use out of plopping onto the farm tiles).

Edit: Made sure to edit my original post adding an edit so people in the future are aware of this, apologies for the inconvenience.

12 hours ago, ALCRD said:

For gameplay having them regrow defeats the point of having them only pop up at certain times of the day to harvest, just dig them up with no real downside other than having to wait a bit longer and maybe not have it at precisely the same spot. I would have liked it better if the stumps couldn't be uprooted by rifts.

5 hours ago, Popian said:

For gameplay having them regrow defeats the point of having them only pop up at certain times of the day to harvest, just dig them up with no real downside other than having to wait a bit longer and maybe not have it at precisely the same spot. I would have liked it better if the stumps couldn't be uprooted by rifts.

They still do pop up only at certain times and there are criterias when destroyed mushrooms can regrow. And no it's not "wait a little bit longer".

Also you still could get mushrooms before this change even if you wiped them all out from surface.

Mush trees desolate regrowth..

There was no real downside to chopping mush trees either since they regrow. 

Mushrooms were abundant and renewable before if you had caves enabled now they are also renewable on surface.

OmG My SuRvIvAl Is RuInEd!!!  RUINED I TELL YA!!! MuShRoOmS ReGROwTh ToO OP!!!

I can't with some of these comments....

4 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Mush trees desolate regrowth..

There was no real downside to chopping mush trees either since they regrow. 

Mushrooms were abundant and renewable before if you had caves enabled now they are also renewable on surface.

OmG My SuRvIvAl Is RuInEd!!!  RUINED I TELL YA!!! MuShRoOmS ReGROwTh ToO OP!!!

The downside is that you have to go to caves and it's slower than digging up mushrooms if you just want mushrooms.

And since you are saying that they are renewable there isn't a problem with mushrooms losing their regrowth, is there? It seems like the rationale for adding regrowth to mushrooms is that rift uprooting is practically out of the player's control and it was done as a quick fix for people upset about that.

45 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

people here are more in love with the idea of threatening mechanics that dont actually affect them

in what world does mushrooms not respawning affect your inmersion or survival

They also seem to forget that mushroom trees regrow way before mushroom regrowths were added. So the entire point of "mushroom regrowth makes the game easier" feels stupid now... They've always been renewable and people never complained about it. Plus stone fruits and banana bushes exist before mushroom regrowth, they should complain about those instead, those actually makes the game easier.

On 7/22/2023 at 1:41 AM, Mike23Ua said:

But Klei keeps catering to this end-game mega baser crowd: Oh.. Bearger ran through killing all the Catcoon dens? They’ll respawn after 20 days, Accidentally let Volt Goats go extinct? Chase a Hunt Trail in a rain storm and you have a chance to spawn a new batch in. Summer Wildfires Burned away a ton of Mushroom rings? No worries they’ll regrow!

The world has no consequences for our actions…

Tbh you say this but would it be more fun if these things didn’t regrow

like would you really have more fun if your mushroom ring was permanently gone because you got unlucky with a wildfire/rift

it feels like alot of ppl arguing for this stuff just want difficulty for the sake of difficulty without ever considering if it’s actually fun and not just annoying

people here are in love with not reading and rehashing something that has already been answered because it somehow gets loosely tied to Mike

you have someone who doesn't like it when natural boulders get smashed, I don't think they're constantly rolling back whenever they discover one in the meteor biome is gone

4 minutes ago, Popian said:

you have someone who doesn't like it when natural boulders get smashed, I don't think they're constantly rolling back whenever they discover one in the meteor biome is gone

There’s a difference between a random boulder and an entire mushroom ring

This is very obvious and the fact you are trying to argue that the scenario you brought up is in any way related to the conversation at hand is silly.

5 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Plus boulders in mosaic biome is 100% renewable and their locations are already somewhat random so that's not an issue. There's no way a mushroom ring can regrow since only 1 mushroom can exist from world regrowth.

11 minutes ago, goblinball said:

This is very obvious and the fact you are trying to argue that the scenario you brought up is in any way related to the conversation at hand is silly.

Gold-veined boulders are not renewable by meteors, the point is you can live without it and if you took the care to keep it for decoration/practical use, great!

2 hours ago, goblinball said:

Tbh you say this but would it be more fun if these things didn’t regrow

like would you really have more fun if your mushroom ring was permanently gone because you got unlucky with a wildfire/rift

it feels like alot of ppl arguing for this stuff just want difficulty for the sake of difficulty without ever considering if it’s actually fun and not just annoying

I feel like somewhere along the way.. people who I guess played the game so much they’ve familiarized themselves with it inside & out, those players seem to forget the joys/horrors/disappointments/panic- Etc that something like a Deerclops spawning in and then proceeding to destroy an entire biome of Bee Hives you can’t grow back.

There was this big threatening monster just wrecking up the world & there was once a time where you felt helpless about anything you could do about it.

Same thing with Antlions Craters & Boulders- Players who aren’t actually AWARE of this boss, that doesn’t know how to fight or appease said boss so it stops smashing stuff would Panic because. At first up to 3 craters break around you but the longer you ignore the antlions existence it increases its attacks up to 7.

You panic’d and you probably thought like I thought: The world around me is going up in a blazing inferno, rabbits are catching fire, the ground is getting so hot sinkholes are collapsing beneath my feet.

I feel like people who’ve played the game just too damn long often FORGET these experiences.. 

so to answer your question, yes I actually do enjoy that Klei was kind enough to add additional world Gen settings for mushroom and mushroom tree regrowth possibilities, because unlike the people who want an open ended Sandbox…

I want to be challenged and I want that original feeling of playing DS where the longer I survive: The more crap is gonna challenge me, I want to be challenged until at some point I eventually reach my demise, and THEN I want to start all over again in a brand new world and attempt to do it all over again.

But the more “Sandboxy” The game becomes… the less likely that’s gonna happen.

Toggling Brightshades on in Day One worlds actually DOES bring back some of that, Scary thing taking over my world and I’m helpless to do anything about it feeling, these things can spawn in a Beefalo Savannah and wipe them out of existence if you aren’t careful.

4 hours ago, Popian said:

Gold-veined boulders are not renewable by meteors, the point is you can live without it and if you took the care to keep it for decoration/practical use, great!

Are you seriously trying to compare gold boulders to a mushroom ring? If mushrooms were just 1-time collectibles like the boulders then I’d agree with you but come on man do you realize how ridiculous this is?

Also god the use of the phrase “you can live without it” is just so nonsensical in the context of a game. You do realize dst is a video game, right? And you play video games to have fun, right? I can live without my 3-boat-long lureplant farm, but that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to have it! I like having my mushroom rings, or my lureplant farms, or anything else that I could “live without” because it’s fun, and having fun is kinda the whole point of playing a game! If you took them away from me then that would be neither fun nor challenging; nobody’s dst world is going to be ruined or challenged by their mushroom ring being permanently gone, them being gone forever is literally just a minor annoyance, nothing more.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

All of what youve said is "forgotten" but not becausd klei nerfed those mechanics, literally players realized how meaningless they are, "rabbits catching fire" is way more fun and threatening said than done

if klei removed krampus everyone would complain despite krampus being something very avoidable, but still people will say "it was one of the greatest threats! a monster that steals from you!"

Stop trying to convince the way you play is some unknown way for the players to have fun, the truth is that people want to master stuff because it is fun, if klei forces mechanics that the players cannot prevent or master, they will rightfully complain, see boulders without pillars

19 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Are you seriously trying to compare gold boulders to a mushroom ring? If mushrooms were just 1-time collectibles like the boulders then I’d agree with you but come on man do you realize how ridiculous this is?

I don't find it ridiculous. You lose the mushroom ring it's not going to regrow back into a mushroom ring. And as far as I'm aware mushrooms don't smolder so the only way to lose one to a wildfire is if you're not tidying up flammables around or being vigilant and having fire fighting options near it like flingos, ice staves, watering cans, water balloons, etc..

Archived