Can we get some map improvements?

Azpitt

Using the map right now is kind of a hassle. Can you wonderful devs please at least make terrain changes on the map visible so when I'm running around and think "oh there's a lot of rocks over where it turns to mud" it doesn't take me 5 minutes to figure out where I was later on.

while the colors are all the same, the map texture is not. I read this thread early today and when I hit my map while playing right now, I remembered it, so I quickly put together this picture showing that you can indeed make a difference regarding the terrain on the map, you just have to pay attention. Here we go:

c8yz3mypcfcw80ra2.jpg

• Like 1

thats absolutely right. I didn't want to say that there would be no reason to change the map, its really hard to make out the differences atm, and I would welcome a change, most easily done with different colors as suggested. I just wanted to point out that the biomes are already different in presentation.

i think the abilities to mark a thing on the map would be ok. maybe flag to mark where there is lot of bunnies, or such

Not sure if we need that since bunnies are either populous on an island or they are not. So really it's a matter of which island you travel to... or part of an island if two islands merged during the initial map generation (as was in my case). Personally the main issue people used to complain about was not being able to see traps... but I believe this issue was addressed (or at least I think that's my bird trap on my map... it's very close to my "camp 'o everything" blob.

For me I would just like to see swamps marked more destinctly on maps. Maybe a darker colour? As it stands the current symbol for swampy terrain is hardly noticeable and the only other indicator are reeds, and now ponds. But they don't show how far the swamp can extend. Only which islands have them.

I have that problem too, the only way I know where the local pig village is when i put down a fire pit up there, tiring to say at the least.

But if you chop down all the trees/grass/reeds of an area than all it looks like is another plain of empty area and many people don't pay enough notice to their map as it is.

Methinks it should be green for grass, brown for forest, grey for rocky and blue for swamp...Or perhaps we should be able to choose which color means what, since I know right now that if one of my friends read this (and played this game...I must remember to get them addicted to it) they'd be all over me about "I can't see the difference between green and blue, are you trying to get me tentacled?"

I think it would be a good idea to be able to toggle all the items that appear on the map. So when you're looking for say, a tallbird nest, and know you saw one, but can't find it, you could toggle off the rocks to find it. I also think trees should be marked, but that's just me. Heh. It would make for a very cluttered map...

Also, being able to mark your map could be interesting...

while the colors are all the same, the map texture is not. I read this thread early today and when I hit my map while playing right now, I remembered it, so I quickly put together this picture showing that you can indeed make a difference regarding the terrain on the map, you just have to pay attention. Here we go:

c8yz3mypcfcw80ra2.jpg

Thanks again Bogpad, but it would be nice for them to color it the same, that's all.