Lunar Plants feel too rare now.

From what it looks like, the gestalts spawn in pairs of 1-2- every 6 days when the portal is ready to spawn them. This feels too slow and rare. They needed to be reduced but not by that much. I feel  like this removes the lategame survival they seem like they were introduced for. The plants have been nerfed and now have a weak point, so i think it is ok to increase their numbers. There is a gestalt bug right now that stops them from working most of the time but i am ignoring that and counting gestalts.

Plus the stat changes and the new minimum distance, increased drops, and vine vulnerability make them far less tedious to actually fight. So a greater amount isn't as much of a concern to me personally. 

But maybe they should be rare? The real problem is having no way to track them down easily, and no way to manipulate the spawn rate. I'd still like the suggestion other people threw out of giving moon gleams to increase portal output.

31 minutes ago, dzzydzzy said:

Plus the stat changes and the new minimum distance, increased drops, and vine vulnerability make them far less tedious to actually fight. So a greater amount isn't as much of a concern to me personally. 

But maybe they should be rare? The real problem is having no way to track them down easily, and no way to manipulate the spawn rate. I'd still like the suggestion other people threw out of giving moon gleams to increase portal output.

I see, i mostly agree especially with the gleams, though the thing i am most concerned about is not fully the drops, but the lategame survival aspect. It is annoying when they get in your farms, so i think they should be capped at 2 per area(and remove breaking walls), and then increase the rate. I liked the threat they made, late game was mostly just kill boss, rush ruins, survive hounds, and not much basic survival. It was kind of like entering hard mode in terraria.

Hmmmm… for me I’ve been able to consistently get 3 from my testing if I have ~6 transplanted plants in the same “herd”. Is something off with the usual spawning?

Edit: also should elaborate that from my experience, brightshades seem to choose plants in larger herds much more frequently then ones in smaller herds, normally ensuring I get the full amount of them. The only times I didn’t is when there were 3 or less in one herd or they were all too close (as in, within 3 wall units close), causing only 1-2 plants to get infected.

I'm going to be tied to the stake for agreeing, and as a Willow main that's totally fine with me.

But yeah, I agree. The other changes absolutely make them easier to deal with, but they're feeling a bit rare now.
Just have their amounts upped a bit, and make them NOT damage walls/fences and we'd be perfect. Promise.

Archived