Why Dreckos dont stay in Hydrogen??!?!?!?111

I'm experimenting with this:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0a181769394cdb4f6f1a364b3d9eff2f.png

Lots of space to walk at the top and quick way down. Conveyors might need a bit of tweaking.
It needs a total of 8 oxygen tiles in this configuration so it's the least possible places where they can hang out away from hydrogen.

I thought this was the standard way to ranch them:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d56774fc64f0d298aa29ccd435957ce6.png

It takes a lot of vertical space but you can chain horizontally as many as you want on the same atmo suit station. They're also all hydrogen except the bottom row. Almost fully automated except incubation, but there's an alarm in each stable that goes off when critters < 8, so I can tell dupes to grab a new one from the surplus chamber.

On 3/26/2023 at 10:37 PM, Mr Bones said:

I mean come on, Im not paranoid look at this picture, I cant be the only one thinking this, Im going mad man ;-;

Well, most critters hate to cross water (duplicants too, but duplicants get Soaping Wet debuf)

As long as there are no need for them to cross water (hunger or rancher call) they try to don't cross it, so they come up for food and never leave without cause

Archived