Jump to content

Antlion Cheese Confirmed


Recommended Posts

I noticed here that one person wanted to use one very dirty bug to farm the Antlion:

 

I can offer you an alternative. Much more enjoyable. For endgame, of course

You will need 200 days and a bit of the intellectual effort.
Unlike CC, which can shift and your games with bugs will successfully end in failure, in the case of Antlion, using restrictions on the range of his attack is quite useful. Considering that Antlion's spikes can destroy any structure with one touch, this is by far the most acceptable system for his, in fact, free farming, so that the summer is comfortable. With this system you will get rid of sinkholes forever

 

Chief Engineer:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198340503695 (Pigelemann)

 

I am grateful to:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/darkenergy8293 (Jonny)

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199045665523 (Flaperon)

 

The result of geometric calculations and numerous tests is here:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It probably takes wolfgang the same amount of time with just a hambat and a log suit.

Just place 3 or 4 houndious a few pitchforks away so that they are not in range of her attacks and kite her. You don't need that many to speed up an already fast fight.

I honestly can't believe this would be worth it, considering the amount of weapons, armor and healing you can get in 200 days, just face tank her lol.

...or just use abigail who can't be damaged at all by antlion, after all character switching is absurdly cheap.

cue in Pigelman posting a YT video showing the most dumb and obscure way any of my methods can fail

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Juanasdf said:

It probably takes wolfgang the same amount of time with just a hambat and a log suit.

Just place 3 or 4 houndious a few pitchforks away so that they are not in range of her attacks and kite her. You don't need that many to speed up an already fast fight.

I honestly can't believe this would be worth it, considering the amount of weapons, armor and healing you can get in 200 days, just face tank her lol.

...or just use abigail who can't be damaged at all by antlion, after all character switching is absurdly cheap.

cue in Pigelman posting a YT video showing the most dumb and obscure way any of my methods can fail

Or just turn off Antlion in world settings :). Perfect cheese.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can also appease her and that would also take 0 weapons armor and healing + you get desert stones for decoration. I'm sure cables end up piling up with 10 fuelweaver kills.
Alternatively, you can spend summer in caves, I find that boulders are a really neat decoration!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Spino43 said:

In order to cheese this easy boss, we need to kill the hardest boss in the game multiple times first.

Just use wolfgang, goat jelly, throw in armor and tank lol.

It seems to me that you can’t even imagine how FW is usually killed and where the very first mined Houndius in the world is spent

19 hours ago, Well-met said:

6000 days of gather isn't cheese at this point

10 hours ago, Juanasdf said:

It probably takes wolfgang the same amount of time with just a hambat and a log suit.

Let me explain how I see it, because I see the need to explain some of the psychological aspect of this topic related to cheese.

What is cheese? This is a gradual desire to facilitate this or that process with a constant decrease in efforts and expenditure of resources to overcome this or that boss. You reach the point in the evolution of cheese to the point where you don't even have to touch the boss with your finger.

Since the most tedious part of this game is the repetitive crafting — the constant crafting of weapons and armor for boss fights in the later stages of the game will start to tire you out.

This is the most tedious aspect of the game - exhaustibility. There is nothing more tiring than having a 10% shadow sword in your inventory. Or 5% thulecite crown.

What is late game? This is when you do not regenerate dozens of worlds on the 150th day, speedrunning on Wolfgang, farming resources dozens of times to kill the same bosses. The irony is (think about it) that you basically spent 1500 days killing bosses like the first time, without any evolution.

I'm not suggesting the cheese of the game, as this is an ordinary banal speedrun. I offer you boss cheese. If you try to realize that the time spent to start all over again every time is equivalent to several thousand, or even tens of thousands of days spent in the same world, an amazing realization awaits you, lol

 

10 hours ago, Juanasdf said:

...or just use abigail who can't be damaged at all by antlion, after all character switching is absurdly cheap.

It's a Wilderness world lol.

Psst, don't worry, no one will judge you here for playing Survival

9 hours ago, Juanasdf said:

You can also appease her 

Lol, nice guide

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Juanasdf said:

It probably takes wolfgang the same amount of time with just a hambat and a log suit.

I'm pretty sure I saw a wilson do it with only a hambat in under 60 seconds lol

4 hours ago, Pigelemann said:

What is late game? This is when you do not regenerate dozens of worlds on the 150th day, speedrunning on Wolfgang, farming resources dozens of times to kill the same bosses. The irony is (think about it) that you basically spent 1500 days killing bosses like the first time, without any evolution.

I'm not suggesting the cheese of the game, as this is an ordinary banal speedrun. I offer you boss cheese. If you try to realize that the time spent to start all over again every time is equivalent to several thousand, or even tens of thousands of days spent in the same world, an amazing realization awaits you, lol

I love how you went on a completely unrelated tangent about how speedrunning actually takes as much time as late game that has absolutely nothing to do with what anyone here has said

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Pigelemann said:

You will need 200 days and a bit of the intellectual effort.

You got my hopes up with this. I was expecting some extremely elaborate rube Goldberg machine, like he breaks a structure with his spikes and that somehow sets into motion his downfall after a long series of events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Guille6785 said:

I love how you went on a completely unrelated tangent about how speedrunning actually takes as much time as late game that has absolutely nothing to do with what anyone here has said

*Gasp*
I explain in terms that you can understand. 
While you started the game several times over again without living on the server and 200 days — some people lived for several thousand days. While you kill the Antlion for the twentieth time in the old way, spending resources — I kill him without spending anything

We both spent the same amount of time playing the game.
The question arises: who evolved?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Or - bear with me, OP - use 30 of these babies right here: Gunpowder.png
I doubt late-game they're harder to come by than Shootius. 0 setup required.

 

On a parallel note, what happened with that "Most Inefficient Strats" thread or what-was-its-name? Are topics like these substitutes or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2023 at 8:54 PM, Well-met said:

6000 days of gather

By the way, no idea what you're talking about.
I built this farm from day 6470 to day 6650. I spent most of that time farming eight Houndiuses using my world's infrastructure. It even says at the beginning that it will take 200 days. Of course, you should have a food farm set up and the sanity issue in the caves resolved by this time, as well as properly using the very first Houndius. That's why it says - "for endgame". At the initial stages of the game, if it is technically and possible to do it in 200-300 days, then it is not necessary to spend 8 Houndiuses on the Antlion yet.

You must understand that the Antlion is not the highest priority target. It's better to use Houndiuses on farms of more important bosses first, which of course I already have

P.S. I invented this farm quite recently and decided to build it in my "ancient world". Of course, you will have rational reasons to use it by about the 1500th day (after the creation of the Fort of the Hounds, the FW farm, the CC farm and the BeeQueen farm). It is for this reason that I say that we play the game for the same time, but with different results.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Listen, I applaud your effort for building such contraptions, pirate raid protection was very clever, CC cheese was...  completely overkill, and the fact that you called it cheese was not really what we expected. At that point it takes more effort to play on a world for that amount of time and not get bored than it takes to fight him. However, to me. you came out as immature for calling people dumb and not accepting some criticism.


We can't take this farm seriously because for 99% of us spending 200 days to automate an easy boss which takes 5 minutes to kill is completely insane.

I for one would like to see you try a Toadstool FARM(not cheese), since most ways have been patched.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, if I doubt someone's intelligence, I back it up with arguments.
For example, now, lol)
You understand that out of 200 days, 80% of the time I was sitting and chilling. That it takes 22 days to farm one Houndius. Of these, 3 days to Kill FW and AG, and then another 19 days of waiting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Pigelemann said:

Well, if I doubt someone's intelligence, I back it up with arguments.

I seriously hope you don't consider pursuing anything related to teaching...

13 minutes ago, Pigelemann said:

You understand that out of 200 days, 80% of the time I was sitting and chilling. That it takes 22 days to farm one Houndius. Of these, 3 days to Kill FW and AG, and then another 19 days of waiting?

1 hour ago, Pigelemann said:

Of course, you will have rational reasons to use it by about the 1500th day

But by that point 19 days of waiting in a world where you have automated lots of things, I'd just go play something else or start a new world. Heck, I'd prefer fighthing her to have something else to do.

Anyways I'm done, I do wish to see a Toadstool farm, even if useless due to shroom skin duping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't say it is cheese if you use the intended designs for it. The same setup can be replaced by Wiona's catapults. Making base tour/base design videos if you are so desperate for those sweet youtube views. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2023 at 1:56 AM, Dreadle said:

Can't say it is cheese if you use the intended designs for it. The same setup can be replaced by Wiona's catapults. Making base tour/base design videos if you are so desperate for those sweet youtube views. 

If you don't like watching videos. Let's read. It's good for you.

I have now taken into account the average number of words that an average forum user can read per day, so I will lay it out more briefly, according to the theses:

1. This is possible to implement, but the difficulty is the fact that you cannot move away from the attack zone, otherwise the Antlion, instead of attacking you, will start breaking the catapults

2. Based on the technical limitations of the existence of the farm, it has a high fire hazard due to the attack of the Hounds in the summer. Thus, forcing the player to speed up the battle with their damage so that the Hounds do not catch him on the farm.
(The funny thing is that my autofarm gives exactly the same opportunity to take part in the battle + leave it when necessary)

3. Farm work involves a constant risk of losing catapults and constantly puts the player at risk, forcing him to use weapons.(my autofarm is risk-free)

4. You offer the player endless spending on generator fuel and weapons

5. You will need to finally learn how to read complex terms and read the condition "for endgame" and "free farming" in the topic header. And discover the fact that catapults are terribly funny for endgame and are not free farming in any way, as they require resources

Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the way, about the fight against the Hounds and the fire safety of the walls. I was inspired by the story of the three little pigs, so MOON ROCK WALL

If you are no longer afraid of four-digit numbers in the server timer, then you will not be afraid of the deluxe version of the Antlion auto farm with a built-in Hounds fort. 

Now more multifunctional

Ta-daa:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
  • Create New...