Which are your boat designs ?

I am curious to see how people set their boats, which structures they prioritice, which they straight up don`t use etc.

So please drop your desings here.

And of course here are mine, i tend to use the same design for every character however i have a special design for wicker who is with i do most of my sailing.

(If anyone is wondering the only reason i keep a spider book on my boat its because the web sticks to the boat and its very funny seeing it moving,also can slow down monkey but by putting them to sleep usually gives enough time to kill them before they get in my boat)
1094283168_nonwickerboat.thumb.JPG.50e69608478e158e0cf45e6a9db481bd.JPG    785538343_wickerboatbooks.thumb.JPG.922b5c3ea860bdeecb9628fdb10a0faa.JPG   1207663328_wickerboat.thumb.JPG.f8d023a0b75e8b2a287375ea38b39e3a.JPG

I've been running the boat below strictly for exploration. I saw a video on YouTube (can't remember who it was) where the person used fences to lock the monkeys into their running animation. In the video the person then killed them, but for my purposes it SHOULD make them a non issue without killing them while I continue to explore. I stress should because while I tested the concept on a previous map and it worked, our current map (one we started a couple/few years ago and just recently came back to) seems to be bugged. I've received quite a few pirate monkey warnings, but they've never materialized. So I'm not sure if it's been patched and monkeys will break down fences now or what.

1675628569557.thumb.png.39d797142134eef424f747803a4402c4.png

I'm sure Rockjaws will break the fences, luckily I haven't had any actually jump on this boat while I've been out on the water, either way I carry extra fences with me just in case. I also carry a Telelocator staff with me so I can get back to mainland without the monkeys coming along for the ride. Part of the reason the boat is so cheap.

Aside from that, I generally run pretty cheap boats, as seen below.

1675628550152.thumb.png.b74aab263832a0c5d6e6c29e128c8b16.png

I'm gonna stick a Pinch n Winch on here to harvest fig tree seeds but aside from that I've leaned towards a minimalist approach. I want to be able to access the entire perimeter of the boat for rowing/item gathering and between all the dangers there are now out on the water combined with the difficulty of targeting items/structures on console, I prefer as much space as possible for operation, movement, patching etc. Being WX helps because I always have either passive light or passive heat, so that helps to save space.

I'm currently gathering Malb feathers for more Winged Sails to make a premiere boat, I just don't really know what I'll use it for as I'd be scared to lose it. And I'm not sure what I'll put on it, but I'd imagine it'll probably just be Winged Sails and Mushlights.

Quick side question, what's the maximum amount of Winged Sails you can benefit from on a boat? It's been a while since I've gone that deep into boating, I thought 2 would give you max speed, but the wiki seemed to suggest 4 gives you max speed.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the fenced boat will push you into the water if the gate is closed when you are on the outside of it. Bit of an unpleasant discovery.

This one here is my personal boat layout.

I use this as my completely general "for any purpose" boat. This is the one that lets me survive any season and is essentially my boat base.
It has everything I need to survive and keep me happy. Like a crock pot, fridge, and plenty of chests.

I try to avoid anything that can get in the way like crafting stations, fireplaces, or birdcages, as those can block your movement or prevent you from placing other things down because they take up so much space.
I also try to keep everything away from the edges on my boat, you should be able to walk a full circle around it and not be blocked by anything. This way its completely safe to jump on from any angle, and you wont have Wavey jones spawning anywhere that you cant reach him.

image.thumb.png.16eaecef5578ceb331e68cb1d97c4a87.pngimage.thumb.png.a3c7f5e40c55c9e4841fe1f97b81592c.png

Its also because of boat building that have learned about placement priority and how different structures need to be placed further from certain objects than others.
So to build this one, I start with the crock pot slightly off-center, followed by the fridge right behind it. I then put down the steering wheel and then the anchor as close as possible behind that. From there I put the masts down around the anchor, this is to finish off my "cockpit" as I call it, everything needed to drive the boat is all in one place. And lastly I put two tin fishing bins right on the left and right sails. 
And that leaves two spaces to the sides that let you put what you want, Personally I go with chests on one side and a winch on the other. Since I treat this like my base, its good to have plenty of storage for resources and treasure. 

8 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

This one here is my personal boat layout.

I use this as my completely general "for any purpose" boat. This is the one that lets me survive any season and is essentially my boat base.
It has everything I need to survive and keep me happy. Like a crock pot, fridge, and plenty of chests.

I try to avoid anything that can get in the way like crafting stations, fireplaces, or birdcages, as those can block your movement or prevent you from placing other things down because they take up so much space.
I also try to keep everything away from the edges on my boat, you should be able to walk a full circle around it and not be blocked by anything. This way its completely safe to jump on from any angle, and you wont have Wavey jones spawning anywhere that you cant reach him.

image.thumb.png.16eaecef5578ceb331e68cb1d97c4a87.pngimage.thumb.png.a3c7f5e40c55c9e4841fe1f97b81592c.png

Its also because of boat building that have learned about placement priority and how different structures need to be placed further from certain objects than others.
So to build this one, I start with the crock pot slightly off-center, followed by the fridge right behind it. I then put down the steering wheel and then the anchor as close as possible behind that. From there I put the masts down around the anchor, this is to finish off my "cockpit" as I call it, everything needed to drive the boat is all in one place. And lastly I put two tin fishing bins right on the left and right sails. 
And that leaves two spaces to the sides that let you put what you want, Personally I go with chests on one side and a winch on the other. Since I treat this like my base, its good to have plenty of storage for resources and treasure. 

i would like to ask ,what dishes do you tend to cook with only the resources from the ocean ?

I imagine you will visit the waterloged biome from non fish meat and the sea weeds for barnacles 

5 hours ago, Malfario said:

i would like to ask ,what dishes do you tend to cook with only the resources from the ocean ?

Not the person you're asking, but I like Stuffed Fish heads for hunger, one barnacle, one fish meat and two twigs creates a 75 hunger 20 hp food, and Surf n Turf with two monster meat and two fish meat.

15 hours ago, Malfario said:

I usually stick to meatballs for food, and surf n turf for healing/sanity.
I try to keep my fridge stocked with kelp and monster meat from cookie cutters so I can make the meat balls, but if I need healing then I can take 2 fish from my tin bin with 2 monster meat to make the surf n turf.

I surprisingly don't use barnacles most of the time (cause I never bring a razor with me). but I have been meaning to start doing that

12 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I usually stick to meatballs for food, and surf n turf for healing/sanity.
I try to keep my fridge stocked with kelp and monster meat from cookie cutters so I can make the meat balls, but if I need healing then I can take 2 fish from my tin bin with 2 monster meat to make the surf n turf.

I surprisingly don't use barnacles most of the time (cause I never bring a razor with me). but I have been meaning to start doing that

honestly i can see the apeal of having a crockpot during sea exploration, maybe what i will do is to make a troly with magnets and having a moving kitchen 

Archived