Cheese CC Confirmed

3 hours ago, Pigelemann said:

Psss

idk, the initial reply was funny because there were some comments and questions about the setup that were obviously not vetted.  I didn't go out and do the setup to test my thoughts, so saying they are low IQ is fine I guess.  Juan showed a legit counterpoint with their own video though, and its pretty obvious they know what they're talking about.  Sure you can force a situation to mess it up, but I think you're being a bit facetious to call it low IQ.

The only thing low IQ in your response was your own determination to make the set up fail.

They showed how your movements effect the attacks CC will do, and how you can stay stationary behind the towers to get a free 2nd and 3rd phase.  Why are you running around provoking other attacks?  idk.  Sure it requires you to know what you're doing, mind the hound timer etc but I think most people will find that acceptable compared to a completely idiot proof system that requires literally over 10x the setup.  AFW is time gated.  If you kill it on spawn you're still looking at over 700 days to get this going.  Before 700 days I could easily get 3 houndius setup, and just wait until after a hound attack to start the CC fight...

tbh your setup is a bit overkill, hence the initial reactions.  Its great that you want to create a most complete setup, and congrats for that - but many people are going to appreciate a more minimalist setup even if it means they have to learn a bit of behavior themselves.  For that reason I'd be far more likely to replicate Juan's video over yours.

23 hours ago, Shosuko said:

They showed how your movements effect the attacks CC will do, and how you can stay stationary behind the towers to get a free 2nd and 3rd phaseWhy are you running around provoking other attacks?  idk

Your intellectual abilities are amazing. I deliberately provoked the lasers to show the weak survivability of the closely standing Houndiuses. In the second video, I showed how this can happen.

As for free phases 2 and 3: You know that moon pengulls, frog rain, and squid spawns don't have a timer or warning sounds, yeaah, heh?

The last two examples can move the second phase out of the fire zone (Not critical. You run. Take the aggro, you may spend one charge of a lazy explorer or the boat will suffer a little). The problem is that the Third Phase can shift critically dangerously (since it can levitate over water). Mobs can spook her closer to your Houndiuses, where the laser attack trigger bug won't work.

If you have problems with imagination - here is a video, don't worry

I have always appreciated the intellectual abilities of members of the forum. They are so easily surprised by the obvious things. I even like this kind of naivete

19 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Cope 

Обязательно справишься, ути-пути, мой хороший

I'd like to remind everyone about the community guidelines

Discussing your counter points to each other and figuring out things is all well and good, but do not resort to insults or talking down on others. That would only derail the conversation further away from the topic and lead to unnecessary and unproductive arguments. 

Be respectful, be civil. Be better people to each other. Carry on.

On 2/5/2023 at 3:18 AM, Pigelemann said:

I can say that the Lunar Champion's farm is quite real.

Still not real, you just only showed us the easy part, "how to kill celestial champion", you never showed us the hard part, do quest and collect 3 restrained statics for each CC fight.

Do you have cheese for farming restrained statics, moon gleams and charged moonshards? If not, Cheese CC still not confirmed and the title is false.

Welp, sure man, I'm still going by my design though, I'm not spending the time to gather and waste 60 houndious on a single farm, if anything happens, I can always kill CC phase 3 by myself and replace them with another 3 houndious, and I'll still be at 54 less houndious used lol.

Or yknow just rollback...

EDIT:

3 hours ago, Pigelemann said:

You know that moon pengulls, frog rain, and squid spawns don't have a timer or warning sounds, yeaah, heh?

Funnily enough hounds, frog rains and specifically moon pengulls are things that I tend to disable after some time in a long running world (ie by the time i get this farm up) because they end up being more annoying than anything. But not squids, so you got a point on them, however I rarely see them, specially on lunar island.

13 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Still not real, you just only showed us the easy part, "how to kill celestial champion", you never showed us the hard part, do quest and collect 3 restrained statics for each CC fight.

Do you have cheese for farming restrained statics, moon gleams and charged moonshards? If not, Cheese CC still not confirmed and the title is false.

just use wendy, no?

4 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Just for 1~2 cc, ok fine... If you want cc fight to be a "farm" as op mentioned you need to prepare materials for atleast 10~20 cc.

i think you can use green amulet on projects which isnt expensive if you reached the point of needing 20 CC fights to decorate

i wish wagstaff  asked you for tools faster. So much time would be saved

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i wish wagstaff  asked you for tools faster. So much time would be saved

The Wagstaff minigame is timed, and that timer pauses when he asks for a tool, so him asking for tools faster would in actuality be a nerf.

59 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so the minigame doesnt ends when you give to him X amount of tools?

Nope, it's a 90 second timer and he asks for the first tool in a randomized 10-15 second period, and then 10-20 second period after every tool is given. (So at theoretical max, 9 tools needed, or lowest 4 tools I think)

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think you can use green amulet on projects which isnt expensive if you reached the point of needing 20 CC fights to decorate

Green amulet cant be used on the experiment as each stage need one restrained statics.

On 2/14/2023 at 12:38 AM, Blunty_x said:

I was expecting something groundbreaking, no offense but using a ton of houndious is basically a way to autofarm anything that's been used plenty here on the site. 

The irony is that if you put your Houndiuses wrong, whether you have 27, 36 or 108 (This is not a random number. Try to guess why) you will lose them very quickly. This is what I demonstrated here:

Spoiler

Houndiuses have an issue with duplicated damage perception if they are densely spaced (ironic also, catapults have similar damage dealt duplication). Dense two rows can "burst" even from one laser hit. And it seems to me that they react this way not only to lasers. Bearger's AoE damage also made me suspicious.

Well, Nevermind

It is important that the location plays the most important role. I took into account the mistakes and developments of past engineers:

And, as a result, I came to the conclusion that:

1. It is the grid scheme that allows you to avoid duplication of damage.

2. Docks allow you to isolate two phases

3. Massive damage of 36 Houndiuses keeps the first phase in place.

4. The speed of death of the second and third phases (20 seconds each) reduces, but does not eliminate the likelihood of frogs, sharks, narwhals or squids to move the phases from their place. It is for this case these Houndiuses is not 27, but 36 - in case of displacement of the third phase. As a result, Houndiuses can even make 8 volleys in the third phase (instead of 6 classic ones) and take 4 laser damage (and survive)

5. If the Hounds started barking at the moment of luring the first phase, then the extreme Houndiuses can easily cope with them even before the death of the first phase.

6. The boat can be saved. heh

27 minutes ago, Pigelemann said:

Houndiuses have an issue with duplicated damage perception if they are densely spaced (ironic also, catapults have similar damage dealt duplication).

Can you elaborate on this?  I don't think I'm familiar with this issue.

23 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

well...I was convinced that the forum users are generally not very familiar with anything, heh. Try to watch my videos. They are made to help. Notice the characteristic "damage exchange" between the Houndiuses.

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

I believe they're referring to how when a mob is hit with a laser, it produces an AoE in it's range. So if you a houndius is close to two other houndii, and all are hit by the laser, they'll hit each other +2 times for 3x damage.

It's a very annoying issue, T_T, applies to everything including players, and getting hit twice from one laser because your friend also got hit is frustrating. I've reported the issue a few times but no fix yet.

49 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I believe they're referring to how when a mob is hit with a laser, it produces an AoE in it's range. So if you a houndius is close to two other houndii, and all are hit by the laser, they'll hit each other +2 times for 3x damage.

It's a very annoying issue, T_T, applies to everything including players, and getting hit twice from one laser because your friend also got hit is frustrating. I've reported the issue a few times but no fix yet.

And how this relates to Winona's catapults per Pig's statement above is that if 2 catapults are near each other and are both hit by a laser they each take damage from both hits?

Do you know what the range is to stay clear of this issue?

41 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

And how this relates to Winona's catapults per Pig's statement above is that if 2 catapults are near each other and are both hit by a laser they each take damage from both hits?

Yes.

41 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Do you know what the range is to stay clear of this issue?

I believe the AoE is a 3 unit radius.

Archived