Cheese CC Confirmed

I did a series of tests and several beta testers went through my hands (almost all survived). And as a result of repeated experiments, I can say that the Lunar Champion's farm is quite real. She works with absolute efficiency. I want to say thank you to everyone who helped with testing and allowed us to come to this discovery, which will make life easier for players in the endgame.

The result of hard work is here:

https://youtu.be/pCIn5m8Vrpg

Chief Engineer:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198340503695 (Pigelemann)

I am grateful to:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/castiliano (Castiliano)

https://steamcommunity.com/id/darkenergy6745 (Jonny)

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199045665523 (Flaperon)

To use this system, no armor, no weapons, no waste of resources are needed (with the exception of accidental laser hits on the main boat)

P.S. The farm is protected from rain, frog rain, spontaneous combustion, overheating and pirate raids (another secret technology).

20230114010806_1.jpg

I mean I can see all the effort this must have taken and find it cool at that, but any boss with unlimited resources and unlimited time can be auto farmed. To my point of view it doesn’t seem an “efficient” design having to kill fuelweaver and AG 36 times just to do this.

It seems mostly a luxury for after you really don’t have anything else to do in the world, and maybe want to create a full city with street lights during the rest of your time.

To me it would be more appealing if it could maybe be done during the first or second year with Winona’s catapults (which, you probably can)

Idk man, getting all those houndius shootiuses is way more tedious than, you know, just fighting him normally. If anything, Wolfgang with Spicy Jelly takes like half a day to take down CC, without the hassle to reset the ruins 36 times.

Cool farm, but calling it a cheese when fighting normally is way better and simpler is uh, debatable.

2 hours ago, Peyo33 said:

This "farm" worked only because you have that land formation that trap the CC. Not everybody can have that and if you place the shootius in the land or boat they'll die easily.

Docks, mate. It's not easy to tell in the vid cause there's snow but I'm pretty sure the "land formation" is from docks built of a corner of lunar.

You can do the same with just one houndious, it'll just take more time

What you need to do is use the smaller islands on your world, bait CC to the shore, and if you position yourself (and the houndious) correctly CC won't use lasers / gestalts.

Edit: Realizing now the explanation was very vague. IIRC there is a range in which CC phase 2 will not use the gestalt attack, and a range in which phase 3 will do nothing at all. 

If you get too close they will try to attack you with those, if you go too far away they'll forget about you and start focusing the houndious.

Phase 2 will still try to do its spin attack and the glass spikes (which can't go through sea)

Phase 3 won't do anything if you stand on a specific distance, this is because CC will react to what you do according to its cooldowns, therefore not moving towards/away from him will keep him on its place, (similar to how he will not move vs whip range weapons)

While this is obviously a bit overkill on the shootius field lol obviously that's just a factor of speed.  Less shootius just means a slower kill, but it would still get there.  The tall trees are more a creature comfort too, right?  If you took those out, but minded the season / hound attack timer / etc you'd sitll get the kill.  This is more "final version," while there is also likely a more trim but workable version you could get going earlier.  Its really the layout of the docks that enables this.

I know some people aren't digging this b/c of the sheer volumn of shootius BUT would 4 pods of 8 catapults ko CC before they burn through 3 gems?  If that has the damage, this could be set up a lot faster.

On 2/4/2023 at 11:21 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

To me it would be more appealing if it could maybe be done during the first or second year with Winona’s catapults (which, you probably can)

On 2/4/2023 at 11:51 PM, NoodlemanNed said:

what if you dedicated the same amount of time into spawning a whole bunch of treeguards

On 2/5/2023 at 4:02 PM, Gi-Go said:

Seriously?

On 2/5/2023 at 6:26 PM, Juanasdf said:

Phase 3 won't do anything if you stand on a specific distance, this is because CC will react to what you do according to its cooldowns, therefore not moving towards/away from him will keep him on its place, (similar to how he will not move vs whip range weapons)

On 2/6/2023 at 10:04 PM, Shosuko said:

I know some people aren't digging this b/c of the sheer volumn of shootius BUT would 4 pods of 8 catapults ko CC before they burn through 3 gems?  If that has the damage, this could be set up a lot faster.

Heeeey, Gringos

I see, u have questions

I have answers for u

good deal, dont worry

Guess I'm a gringo now...
image.jpeg.ac563a6bdb28403a3d5140d9b521bce6.jpeg

*cries in devaluated currency*

My brother in christ, you are standing in a boat, mobs will aggro differently on boat and on land. What I said was that CC would not do anything standing in a set distance if you were on another piece of land. Before you say "you need to get lucky with worldgen to have 3 celestial fissures on a side island" you can just use one of the main island's borders with docks and stand on another of the islands. 

Disclaimer: This is a test world. I have been using my design since CC came out, and I honestly haven't used it in a year, so I couldn't remember how I used to aggro phase 1... so i just killed him manually, but i know there was a way, I just couldn't be bothered to keep trying. You can skip to 3:18 if you want to.
Observe however, as phase 2 and phase 3 do absolutely nothing because, as I've said, they target you, and not the houndious, based on distance, because they work like catapults and/or walter slingshot. You can do this with just one houndious. A catapult won't work because it doesn't have enough range, and IIRC, it gets focused by CC because it'll be too close to him. 

EDIT: As you can see at 5:30, you need the houndious to target each phase again, just like AFW's houndious cheese, where you need to wait a second to telepoof out of the arena for the houndious to engage, so it is technically not a 100% AFK farm, but yknow, if you don't move from there CC won't target you or the houndious so you're still safe.

On 2/9/2023 at 3:00 AM, Juanasdf said:

What I said was that CC would not do anything standing in a set distance if you were on another piece of land.

you can just use one of the main island's borders with docks and stand on another of the islands. 

Psss

“If some part of the aircraft arrived intact, then this part cannot fly damaged” (about Survivorship bias)

33 minutes ago, Pigelemann said:

Psss

Why are you going back near CC phase 3 at 0:50 is the question. If you stand behind the houndious he won't do anything, they'll still attack him, and he won't move as I showed lol. That's why I posted my video, you don't need 50 houndious to cheese CC, only 1, minus phase 1 because it runs around, but it's the easiest phase to kite.

EDIT: If you're worried that CC can one shot your houndious due to this bug, you can just use one as I said, BUT CC phase 3 will prioritize spawning pillars, which AFAIK can't land on the other side of the water AND shouldn't be able to do as much damage as the lasers, giving you more than enough time to run away from it after the houndious aggro onto it.

Archived