Is there multi player boss rush speedruns?

For combos of different type of players

what would be the most efficiant for boss runs?

like if there is a 2 person speed run would it be better to have a wolfgang and a warly or just two wolfgangs?

for 3 person speedruns would it be benificial to add a wigfrid?

15 minutes ago, Lardee said:

Sadly, I'd imagine the optimal team would be Wolfgang + Wolfgang and Wolfgang + Wolfgang + Wolfgang.

2x damage from day 1 is just that good.

2x damage? what a shame. optimal team would be Maxwell + Maxwell and Maxwell + Maxwell + Maxwell. The power of 10~15 duelist and and permanent cage bosses.

Unless you have access to warly food from day 1, i dont think wolfgang with hambat/darksword can outdps maxwell with shadow hat/full ruin set.
With 2~3 maxwell, you dont even have to craft scient machine -> weapon or armor, you can just go strait to boss you need and kill it.

35 minutes ago, Lardee said:

Sadly, I'd imagine the optimal team would be Wolfgang + Wolfgang and Wolfgang + Wolfgang + Wolfgang.

20 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

2x damage? what a shame. optimal team would be Maxwell + Maxwell and Maxwell + Maxwell + Maxwell. The power of 10~15 duelist and and permanent cage bosses.

Unless you have access to warly food from day 1, i dont think wolfgang with hambat/darksword can outdps maxwell with shadow hat/full ruin set.
With 2~3 maxwell, you dont even have to craft scient machine -> weapon or armor, you can just go strait to boss you need and kill it.

so what about Wolfgang + Maxwell?

20 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I haven't played Maxwell refresh yet, what exactly does he need to do to get going?

nothing really, You start with more consistant sanity and in order to use codex you need to use it.

eccentually sanity becomes more of a resorce than something you have to worry too much about

you can summon without puting codex down but the shadows don't leave too far from where they are summoned

11 hours ago, Lardee said:

Sadly, I'd imagine the optimal team would be Wolfgang + Wolfgang and Wolfgang + Wolfgang + Wolfgang

i think wolfgang+wanda or wolfgang+wx would be better right now. speed is also extremely valuable, specially on wx since he doesn't rely on wickerbottom anymore and he can just chug on gears instead of looking after heals. most resources are consumed during bosses but there is a lot of chores that you have to do and for most of the time youre just running around the map

but yea, i agree that at some point with more players youll just be stacking wolfgangs

16 hours ago, uubismyname said:

what would be the most efficiant for boss runs?

depends

if there is a 2 person speed run would it be better to have a wolfgang and a warly or just two wolfgangs?

depends

for 3 person speedruns would it be benificial to add a wigfrid?

depends

On 1/27/2023 at 11:34 PM, Lardee said:

with the wilson rework I think he is crucial to speedruns like this now! i mean one dragonfly for a Iridescent Gem saves at least 20 days if I math correctly

On 1/28/2023 at 10:45 AM, Datanon said:

wolfgang+wanda

Wanda's dps with alarming clock is lower than mighty wolf's with a dark sword, her fast travel requires some time to establish, and she has limited healing options, so I doubt she's a good decision for duo or trio speedruns. Both Maxwell and Wolfgang trio would be nice depending on the boss

27 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

she has limited healing options

Actually a plus when you consider she doesn't need to waste time gathering food for healing, be it blue mushrooms, veggies for pierogies or even fighting bee queen for jellybeans

21 minutes ago, Juanasdf said:

Actually a plus when you consider she doesn't need to waste time gathering food for healing, be it blue mushrooms, veggies for pierogies or even fighting bee queen for jellybeans

I thought we were talking about speedruns

2 hours ago, Duck986 said:

Wanda's dps with alarming clock is lower than mighty wolf's with a dark sword, her fast travel requires some time to establish, and she has limited healing options, so I doubt she's a good decision for duo or trio speedruns. Both Maxwell and Wolfgang trio would be nice depending on the boss

I thought Old Wanda's DPS with alarming clock was slighty higher then Mighty Wolfgang with a dark sword, also, her backstep watch is great for dodging on the spot. Though Wanda takes too much time and thought to do properly.

But yeah, overall, best duo are Wolfgang and Maxwell (Insane gathering speed + Shadows). Although, Wendy's Abagail dmg invulnrability may be a viable substitute...

I'll Also mention the rest of the cast too:

• Wilson
    • He has the potential to make a iridescent gem early... And can make materials for the Hermit via his tranmutes. Doesn't have DPS or Gathering Speed though. Might be viable for CC rushing.
  • Willow
    • Burning bossess is nice, but you're preventing others from fighting if you do this.
  • WX-78
    • Speed modules are really, really good... that's it though. Doesn't help sailing either. (Wolfgang Mighty form does!)
  • Wickerbottom
    • Requires time and resources to setup, bit of a shame as her books are strong.
  • Woodie
    • Being able to walk over water is very effective for early lunar and locating other sea things, and his gathering speed is quite nice... But Maxwell is better for gathering, and locating lunar isn't too hard.
  • Wes
  • Wigfrid
    • Early armour and weaponry doesn't substitute for anything really needed.
  • Webber
    • Spiders don't do well against most bossess.
  • Winona
    • Way too much setup for some catapults that's likely to get destroyed.
  • Warly
    • Too much setup, shame, spices would be really good if you didn't need to setup.
  • Walter
    • Slingshot is too slow to use as a form of DPS, bit sad since Woby is great for exploring.
  • Wortox
    • Wortox is unique, and may be viable, since across the map teleporting is insane, his healing is great, and his soul hops are good for travel and potentially skipping to the atrium. But his DPS and Gathering Speed are lacking.
  • Wormwood
    • No food healing bad, his armour is great though.
  • Wurt
    • Too much resources needed to make an effective army of merms, shame, they are excellent against majority of bossess.

TLDR: Wes is best.

5 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

I thought Old Wanda's DPS with alarming clock was slighty higher then Mighty Wolfgang with a dark sword

Not really. Alarming clock is a whip weapon, so it has lower attack speed than a regular weapon or tool - ~0.67 seconds instead of ~0.5. You can easily check this on a Dfly - both will knock it out, but wolf will do that faster.

9 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

Doesn't help sailing either. (Wolfgang Mighty form does!)

Fun fact - mighty Wolfgang doesn't actually increase boat's max speed, he only makes it to accelerate faster.

14 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

I thought Old Wanda's DPS with alarming clock was slighty higher then Mighty Wolfgang with a dark sword, also, her backstep watch is great for dodging on the spot. Though Wanda takes too much time and thought to do properly.

But yeah, overall, best duo are Wolfgang and Maxwell (Insane gathering speed + Shadows). Although, Wendy's Abagail dmg invulnrability may be a viable substitute...

I'll Also mention the rest of the cast too:

• Wilson
    • He has the potential to make a iridescent gem early... And can make materials for the Hermit via his tranmutes. Doesn't have DPS or Gathering Speed though. Might be viable for CC rushing.
  • Willow
    • Burning bossess is nice, but you're preventing others from fighting if you do this.
  • WX-78
    • Speed modules are really, really good... that's it though. Doesn't help sailing either. (Wolfgang Mighty form does!)
  • Wickerbottom
    • Requires time and resources to setup, bit of a shame as her books are strong.
  • Woodie
    • Being able to walk over water is very effective for early lunar and locating other sea things, and his gathering speed is quite nice... But Maxwell is better for gathering, and locating lunar isn't too hard.
  • Wes
  • Wigfrid
    • Early armour and weaponry doesn't substitute for anything really needed.
  • Webber
    • Spiders don't do well against most bossess.
  • Winona
    • Way too much setup for some catapults that's likely to get destroyed.
  • Warly
    • Too much setup, shame, spices would be really good if you didn't need to setup.
  • Walter
    • Slingshot is too slow to use as a form of DPS, bit sad since Woby is great for exploring.
  • Wortox
    • Wortox is unique, and may be viable, since across the map teleporting is insane, his healing is great, and his soul hops are good for travel and potentially skipping to the atrium. But his DPS and Gathering Speed are lacking.
  • Wormwood
    • No food healing bad, his armour is great though.
  • Wurt
    • Too much resources needed to make an effective army of merms, shame, they are excellent against majority of bossess.

TLDR: Wes is best.

agree with the TLDR obviously

Wx is probably really good for ruins rush as well with speed + nightvision

The streamer hantears usually does a speedrun of several characters assigned to specific tasks and well coordinated, in order to make celestial as fast as possible.

The last one I watched they used a Woodie for quick sea mapping and doing Pearl quests, maxwell for resource gathering and boss fights assistance, Wilson for the iridiscent gem rush, wicker for pearl fish quest,  and Walter for moving the celestial pieces. Woodie would then switch to Wolfgang after all the pearl quests were made and crab king was found, before the moon event starts.

They killed CC in 19 days as far as I was able to see and were trying to lower the numbers even more.

Archived