Change to the muslight and the glowcap to make them more versatile.

The only difference between this two structures is that the glocap can be colored, i get one is the upgraded version of the other but change the color of the light that is merely cosmetic feels a bit weird and restrictive.

My proposition is to make it so both of the lights can be coloured but making the glowcap have 2-3 times the maxe range of the mushlight.

I believe this could be a better aproach because then, the glowcap could be use as a street light, to cover bigger range with less lamps, but the mushlight could be used on sets where we only want one area partially iluminated. While having both of them been abel to have colours.

Their sprites and skins already show this since the muslight mostly looks like an interior lamp and the glowcap use to look more like a lamp post.

1 hour ago, Malfario said:

upgraded version of the other

That where you are wrong, they are the same tier, and for me i prefer mushlight instead of glowcap because it only produce pure light, and it can stock as much festive light or spore without worry about organize base colour.
With the abundant amount of red festive light from winter feast deerclops, and i hate the red hue in base, i see mushlight is much better version.

Currently the Mushlight has the most street lamp like skin (the Winters Feast one). I've been hoping for something even more street lampy for a long time now, the lamp skins from Hamlet would be amazing.

Lamp_Post_build.thumb.png.4fbef8a195e0e52bd5b1bfe4de4f3a96.png

I'd say leave the Mushlight and Glowcap as they are, but if there had to be a change I'd say just extend the light radius of the Mushlight. The Glowcap can be continued to be used as purely decoration.

2 hours ago, Tranoze said:

That where you are wrong, they are the same tier, and for me i prefer mushlight instead of glowcap because it only produce pure light, and it can stock as much festive light or spore without worry about organize base colour.
With the abundant amount of red festive light from winter feast deerclops, and i hate the red hue in base, i see mushlight is much better version.

m1.thumb.JPG.2c3e9e45226640102d2431c2e34a68fe.JPG

This is the concept art showed by kley when the lamps were released, where clearly states the glowcap is "Tier 2" respecting the muslight that is the "Tier 1".

Both Lamps can produce pure white light with white festive lights, lighbulbs or celestial crown shards.

My point is that because the glowcap can do everything that the mushlight can and more, i think its worth to give them more diferential characateristics

23 minutes ago, Malfario said:

My point is that because the glowcap can do everything that the mushlight can and more, i think its worth to give them more diferential characateristics

If that were to be the case I'd rather see both items get a radius buff and have the Glowcap be the only colored light option. Again, the Mushlight currently has the most Street Light like skin.

1674402628018.thumb.png.98a3b943106752726623d1f71483278e.png

1 hour ago, Malfario said:

Can it turn my hundreds of red festive light from DC winterfeast to white permanent light? Only mush light can filter light, glowcap cant.

I like green and blue for it's natural calm colour in base, but winter feast give me mostly red light from DC.

Yes it's only decorated purpose, but i dont want the filter light feature from mushlight to be removed.

My issue with them is they are so tedious to acquire and have such a small radius, plus maintaining it until you defeat The Celestial Champion a few times that it isn't worth it for me. Would rather just use a miner hat with lightbulbs.

25 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

I just feel like you've haven't streetlamps in awhile.

Spoiler

500+ Street Lamp Pictures | Download Free Images on Unsplash

Street Lamps Lighting Equipment Stock Illustration - Download Image Now -  Street Light, Lantern, Victorian Style - iStock(the town when i was born had like these ones)

Street Lights Images - Free Download on Freepik

File:Traditional Lisbon Street Lamp with the iconic city symbols ( The  crows and the Sailing Ships -Naus- used in the Portuguese Sea Discoveries  (49782541636).jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Street light - Wikipedia

Street Lights Stock Illustration - Download Image Now - Street Light, Paris  - France, Old-fashioned - iStock

Street Lights. Chieti Italy | Street lamp, Street light, Post lights

sadly everyday in these days i see like these ugly ones when i go to work or to hang out

Ocupación de Vía Pública - Torrevieja.com portal de turismo

image.png.265d94928a901d981bf6e04ddd60e9fd.png

clearly inspired by then and not by this

KRYSSMAST Table lamp base, nickel-plated - IKEA Spain

never saw a single bedside lamp with 3 lights (might exists but only for extra fancyness)

23 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

2 hours ago, Just-guy said:

After googling simply "street light"-

1674512851838.thumb.png.aef552f531f19ded4bdf1298eb609181.png

1674512893557.thumb.png.ab37db61cbad4ab528eeeff8c537e982.png

1674512932732.thumb.png.7b6ad8dbfab3759c3adca2e30b3faddb.png

1674512952265.thumb.png.80f5fa0881aa06bbb8a3accbee297b7c.png

1674512970416.thumb.png.a0c5184e07dbe8d0f279461226fdb111.png

1674512985891.png.d11feadb1b8470edcd0ea8299895c1ff.png1674513009848.thumb.png.ba085665f12791b806b496d5abda979d.png

If I'm being honest I did see some of the triple/quadruple Victorian art Deco style lights after I scrolled way down from the top of the search results. That style is certainly does not exist/is not common anywhere I've been.

And I agree with @Cloakingsumo198, the Glowcap skin does look like a lamp, a friend of mine actually had something vaguely similar. It had a weird 80s vibe, and all the individual arms flexed and bent so you could kinda form it the way you wanted.

30 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

That style is certainly does not exist/is not common anywhere I've been.

my town has many of them but ok

edit: real experience instead of looking throw a screen for evidence

Tribuna abierta

Farola de Almagro - Imagen & Foto de Xavi Arderius de Concurso muéstranos  tu país - Fotografia (25532811) | fotocommunity

Paseo Plaza De Toros, Almagro (Ciudad Real) — idealista

but yeah, a long metal triple lamp from a skin pack called "victorian" is based on a sidebed lamp because the "cristal" imitates the shape of a mushroom

30 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

After googling simply "street light" and ignored all the results that shown me im wrong

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

my town has many of them but ok

edit: real experience instead of looking throw a screen for evidence

You mean what you literally did 4 posts ago?

I'd also thank you to not misquote me. You know this is getting weird right?

I've never heard the take that mushlights turn all festive lights into white light. I can see the advantage too, since pure fluorescent is much brighter than colored light in this game. In terms of infinite light, I'd say farming moonstorms/CC is probably a faster method than Oasis fishing in WF, but if you already have the festive lights then I get it.

15 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

You mean what you literally did 4 posts ago?

breaking-bad-walter-white.gif.4d596f59eb133494a025e52efaa6662a.gif

15 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

I'd also thank you to not misquote me. You know this is getting weird right?

is a lamp discussion, was weird since the beginning and in love and war (streetlamp bussiness) everything is fair

13 hours ago, Dextops said:

Lamp discussions are second only to political discussions when referring to most heated debates

streetlamp is a serious business

78ljvk.thumb.jpg.1b59808043fc44fa7fe96dc89a2c96c4.jpg

Archived