Decorations, Shrines and Base Designs

I've built a coastal fort that functions to catch fish and produce figs. 
image.png.7735389389616ea884520f2627668515.png

Zoom out camera to show the entire build

image.thumb.png.d5bc0fe0972292e72266165b7e15adfd.png

The entrance which I find to be overdesigned, so I might actually get rid of a lot of details as well as replace the werepig statue if we get a better mutated boss which suits the entrance more

image.thumb.png.92aaf1a06ea71f242706fc9fb37ed655.png

On the east and west wing, I have passive fish farms. They do really well to catch a great number of fish. 

image.png.bb7729f909b3c5a7a34f5445a36e291d.png

The centerpiece of the fortress.  Excuse the mess. I don't care. The interior is quite bear and it's hard for me to commit to additions. Interior design is a weak point of mine when it comes to this large a scale. And this isn't even a particularly big build either

image.png.ffb35be4e4f21a5cd78a23f174bc74f3.png

I couldn't exclude the kitchen. Hopefully we get more crockpot skins as unfortunately, these ones fit the color theme the most. The tureens unfortunately look out of place in terms of color. 

image.thumb.png.830e13b8ab84d6611e7526a867d20385.png

Back of the house. I'm dying to have a functioning gorge type oven added into the game. Until then, I'll have to make do with the winter's feast oven which doesn't even work for anything except for looking nice.

image.thumb.png.543975d7f5b963a8dbb6054ee82e142a.png

Another angle to showcase trees that are in winter's feast planters. 

image.thumb.png.ee7b47ca37c28326d57fd5950bd28ad1.png

Opposite end of the auto fishers. 

• Like 9

Nothing compared to the bases in this thread, but I thought I'd show my current base, in summer:

charliessummerbase.thumb.png.ddf3b79b793a9ff52fad5c78c2882636.png

Home Sweet Mess. :)

Charlie sits on her new throne, of sorts, surrounded by kitty worshippers..

charliesnewthrone.thumb.png.c72d106b6d9c21c7d29dd9de99c989e3.png

I like this picture. I think it turned out nice.
(and by "worshippers", I mean half of them are yawning and not even lookin' at her. :P)
And yes, I got to use my cool new Hallowed-nights-themed furniture skins!

Spoiler

That insane quest I went on just to essentially walk down to Ikea and get instructions was TOTALLY worth it oh wait

effyoustupidfurniturequest.thumb.png.7015263b531b4fb319e092e01c9a0737.png

...I didn't. But eff console players, I guess.

Spoiler

I absolutely never would've cheated if the way to get the sawhorse blueprint was REASONABLE and made sense. But, a dangerous quest to get something that is tailor-made for...NON-dangerous players? What the flip was whoever who came up with that, thinking? It's like, "This new update contains something that's totally up your alley!*"

* "...but you can't actually USE it, unless you become the kind of player you're probably not."

Anyway, I hope you like. :)

...Notorious

• Like 1

2 hours ago, glooomy said:

divider.png.09b9667c7dbf210dcc653bfb37aaeb66.png.7b3cfaf0f1f99555f8c3666c9f758888.png

One man's trash is another man's treasure...

junk3.thumb.png.47bd3889c90acd2094ac146a4fb25fc3.png

junk2.thumb.png.b72f92b7a58ce092800170b3b9ed8292.png

junk.thumb.png.9d26bba2788b635c6684b570a10f3430.png

Warning!

Wagstaff won't spawn in new Abandoned Junk until the old one is smashed so...

Don't make a build around them until you've got enough scrap to dupe!

dividerflipped.png.2f3d3ba44f99e0ac846991bf200b0457.png.c39711c062a60e695f682d6eb52d0f23.png

I loved you wagstaff area, I made mine but it not only it looks small but also looks ugly ;-;

• Haha 1
  • Happy Hazard 1

image.png.424f1a916731fbeb3cce1228fa267830.png

Mini merm king palace. While the fake king is away, the true king sits.

Hoping for new features in the game to fill out the bottom vacant mosaic tiles.

image.png.eca0fc2e1785104a6f0477b5acf5487e.png

One tile thick dock. I'm hoping that one day, we get pilings that connect with one another.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, glooomy said:

divider.png.09b9667c7dbf210dcc653bfb37aaeb66.png.fa7ed2f0016c15d5579a624a0a3810d7.png

Might have made a video showing a bit of my Moon Quay Island build...

:wilson_love:

dividerflipped.png.2f3d3ba44f99e0ac846991bf200b0457.png.27be589b612171098a8c0913c8e224dc.png

Hi Glooomy, this island simply looks amazing. Your builds inspire me so much, I'm always looking forward to seeing more of your creations! Some of your ideas/color schemes I loved so much that I couldn't help but to adopt them into my long-term world, adding and expanding on them (I might share one of them soon when I finish, it's not a creative world so takes time haha). Anyway, thank you for sharing your creativity here and keep up the good work!

Regarding the Moon Quay build video - I don't get it about the wormhole though...You complain it about not being symmetrical but why? There is usually no way to get a wormhole leading to Moon Quay via standard world generation, so obviously you put it there with commands. It actually fits the build so well with the default hairy skin, so that's a really cool addition in my book. But couldn't you then place it there symmetrical enough to your liking? Also I don't get how exactly it is "not symmetrical", to me it looks fine and I wouldn't have noticed it if you didn't mention it.

Edited by Lovens

Thank you for your kind words! Makes me happy to hear and see others be creative and I can't wait to see what you're working on!

:wilson_blush:

As for the asymmetry on my Moon Quay Island, it is actually the Dock Piling Kit that isn't symmetrical!

…and is something I had only noticed while editing the video :')

image.png.426d11e8542d7d2a79d6d69aa4e80bd9.png

I tried to circle and line out what I mean. Think it's off by one little peg. Reeeeeeeeee!

A very simple, cheap (and probably unnecessary) fix... but little things like this hurt my brain ahahah! I'm glad it wasn't noticeable.

:wilsoalmostangelic:

Craftable Wormholes and Sinkholes Mod

I suppose I'll start sharing with somewhat original then haha.

Brightshade Gardens

Ever since Lunar rifts and Deadly Brightshades were introduced to the game I was sad about not being able to decorate with berry bushes much. I was trying to find a solution and here's how I solved the issue in my current long-term world. I'm pretty happy with it even though it's super costly!

Functionally it's the same concept described in this video by @lakhnish, with some extra decorations and tweaks. In short: 10 dense bait plant "herds" are created and placed somewhere in the world so Brightshades prioritize them over all other plants and spawn only in these 10 locations. 12 to 18 Deadly Brightshades then spawn per every Lunar Rift cycle (roughly once per season) in groups of three, and then they have to to be cleared after rift closes. It allows this setup to work properly the next time another rift spawns. I tried Lakhnish's design in a different world as is and I found two issues with it: it was still very time consuming and exhausting for me to go over all of them and kill all Brightshades manually 4 times per year, and it also didn't look pretty enough to my taste (it also took a lot of room!). If I forgot to clear them regularly Brightshades would start spawning outside of bait farms, and I wasn't enjoying the game much anymore with this extra chore. So I came up with my own tweak on this idea. I call it "Brightshade Gardens" and they both serve as a decoration build and as a semi-automated Brightshade farm. Having Brightshades baited in these areas (and then quickly cleared as I go through these farms or even pass by them doing something else near) allows me to continue decorating with berry bushes and grass tufts freely, as long as I don't plant them in large quantities (35+) in the same spot.

I play in a non-creative world so this setup took a LOT of farming, and it is quite expensive. The key element is 40 Houndius Shootiuses placed on docks behind these gardens, 4 per farm. I built the farms after I accumulated my first 10 extra houndiuses and then gradually added more as I reset the ruins. I main Wanda and I earlier switched to Winona to built catapults in the Atrium so I could optimize Ancient Fuelweaver farming and resetting the ruins. The fight is a breeze with a volt goat jelly boosted Wanda - at the peak time of my farming I'd reset the ruins 3-4 times per ingame year to get those sweet guardian horns faster and speed up the clearing of annoying Brightshade waves. 

Enough blabbering, here are some pictures!

This is how the setup looks on the map. My base is in the Oasis Desert and I decided to place those gardens on the outer perimeter of it. There's at least 10 tiles between each garden so Brightshades treat them as different "plant herds". Each garden has an Ocuvigil which shows Brightshades on the map as soon as they spawn. My setup is also a Wanda teleport chain: the first teleport goes to the bottom left garden, and from there each garden has a chest with a Backtrek watch that leads to the next one, clockwise on this picture. The last teleport leads to my Brightsmithy area where I store Brightshade husks. 
image.png.edea79878901bdac6da319a09946947e.png

Here's the first of the 10 gardens. I switched to Wormwood to plant crops in them and I love the looks of dragonfruit and pomegranate so I went with both. Lakhnish Monster recommends dragonfruit in his video because it's immune to fire but I play with wildfires off anyway so it doesn't matter. When designing this setup I was sad to see how ugly it looks like when crops spoil, so I found a mod that makes planted crops never rot: Happy farm. I don't leave crops unharvested after regular farming anyway so it doesn't really affect my normal gameplay.

image.png.39829c77eba97c06e002c5d08437e81f.png

The backstage! When I teleport to each garden, I land on the docks behind it, so it's safe but I usually still wear armor. There's a scaled furnace (after I froze to death once in winter at the end of the chain hehe) and fridge with a cold thermal in each garden. Glowcaps is a recent addition after I stopped playing with endless full moons. Usually houndiuses trigger immediately after I teleport because Brightshades aggro onto me due to the proximity, but they cannot reach me over the ocean gap. 

image.png.745287b6112d69e808f2346c619162c2.png

Here's an action picture from before I finished decorating them with potted ferns. I usually use brightshade staff to speed up the fight and help houndiuses. I tried going in on the other side to fight them normally and it's harder because houndiuses take the aggro away and I cannot reach the vines safely. Also it's hard to see them behind dense plants. It takes houndiuses around two minutes to kill all brightshades in a garden solo and about a minute if I help with the staff. Brightshades cannot reach their vines over the ocean gap so houndiuses never get damaged. 

image.png.1328ab0a86ba4e9f85f5f831195ac2c7.png

Some gardens are more integrated into the land and have more room than the others: image.png.67f90f78e523bbd4ee089323e3861c12.png

Some are weirdly shaped to fit surrounding builds (squeezed this one in after I built my Apiary):
image.png.d3bdf9267996a7976031b35d3cde62d5.png

And some are super tiny so I didn't even have room for a Moon Dial there:
image.png.a8a6e4a88a546acf3a88f3603c59229b.png

Glommer lives here for now. At least on the docks Vultures can't eat his goop. I plan to make him a separate garden in the Birch Forest around his statue someday.image.png.788f1ff4bed1862b30c261c30080ce74.png

I collect loot either using a lazy forager (the safest way) or by picking it up using Action Queue Reborn mod if I forgot the forager. Both to avoid accidentally picking up crops that work as a bait. (Also this screenshot is a little sneak peek of my circus/playground area that was inspired by Glooomy's amazing sideshow post, I'll show it next).
image.png.610defc321d921bde39198b9ec3bfd03.png

Each garden has exactly 36 bait plants (berry bushes, dragonfruit and pomegranate) combined. So as long as I don't plant more than 35 plants in any other spot, I can safely decorate with berry bushes, saplings and grass tufts.
image.png.72c6252e263618b482a5f38f8a9f88af.png

Funny story: in my original design project in a creative version of this world each garden had a Queenly statue placed on a potter's wheel in the middle of the garden. Little did I know that farming all 10 figure sketches for them from tumbleweeds would be the hardest task! I caged my tumbleweed spawners and checked them several times per year:
image.png.9a1af29524e7280cee0bc645a008121a.png

By the time I installed my 40th Houndius Shootius I only managed to obtain three Queenly sketches! So I decided to go with Moon Moth and Moon statue on some of them instead:

image.png.998f0d836762475985bbd3c3027f45e0.png

Of course when I did that, I started getting tons of Queenly figure sketches. Once I got two back to back! image.png.8fc5405d23ee01873588bec0bc60f33e.png

9th garden is my favorite, not sure why. I guess I just really love this cozy corner setup!
image.png.09a58970ceae50eec3fd5d57329a60cc.png

And here's the end to my Brightshade Garden chain! Thanks for reading till the end of my tour (:
image.png.836a44ca717ec66a5bbe7322a82c23d1.png

Bonus picture 1: Wormwood mid-work (also featuring spring version of birch trees which also look nice with this build): image.png.faf0dbca7dd4871485970a5e7aca0865.png

Bonus picture 2: Wanda and two houndiuses are trying to deal with 6 Brighshades that all somehow spawned in one garden (This was before I used the staff. Took forever to clear).image.png.ac7e40821da6cefad074cbbe289fe7b1.png

Edited by Lovens
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Lovens said:

Brightshade Gardens

Ever since Lunar rifts and Deadly Brightshades were introduced to the game I was sad about not being able to decorate with berry bushes much. I was trying to find a solution and here's how I solved the issue in my current long-term world. I'm pretty happy with it even though it's super costly!

Functionally it's the same concept described in this video by @lakhnish, with some extra decorations and tweaks. In short: 10 dense bait plant "herds" are created and placed somewhere in the world so Brightshades prioritize them over all other plants and spawn only in these 10 locations. 12 to 18 Deadly Brightshades then spawn per every Lunar Rift cycle (roughly once per season) in groups of three, and then they have to to be cleared after rift closes. It allows this setup to work properly the next time another rift spawns. I tried Lakhnish's design in a different world as is and I found two issues with it: it was still very time consuming and exhausting for me to go over all of them and kill all Brightshades manually 4 times per year, and it also didn't look pretty enough to my taste (it also took a lot of room!). If I forgot to clear them regularly Brightshades would start spawning outside of bait farms, and I wasn't enjoying the game much anymore with this extra chore. So I came up with my own tweak on this idea. I call it "Brightshade Gardens" and they both serve as a decoration build and as a semi-automated Brightshade farm. Having Brightshades baited in these areas (and then quickly cleared as I go through these farms or even pass by them doing something else near) allows me to continue decorating with berry bushes and grass tufts freely, as long as I don't plant them in large quantities (35+) in the same spot.

I play in a non-creative world so this setup took a LOT of farming, and it is quite expensive. The key element is 40 Houndius Shootiuses placed on docks behind these gardens, 4 per farm. I built the farms after I accumulated my first 10 extra houndiuses and then gradually added more as I reset the ruins. I main Wanda and I earlier switched to Winona to built catapults in the Atrium so I could optimize Ancient Fuelweaver farming and resetting the ruins. The fight is a breeze with a volt goat jelly boosted Wanda - at the peak time of my farming I'd reset the ruins 3-4 times per ingame year to get those sweet guardian horns faster and speed up the clearing of annoying Brightshade waves. 

This is how the setup looks on the map. My base is in the Oasis Desert and I decided to place those gardens on the outer perimeter of it. There's at least 10 tiles between each garden so Brightshades treat them as different "plant herds". Each garden has an Ocuvigil which shows Brightshades on the map as soon as they spawn. My setup is also a Wanda teleport chain: the first teleport goes to the bottom left garden, and from there each garden has a chest with a Backtrek watch that leads to the next one, clockwise on this picture. The last teleport leads to my Brightsmithy area where I store Brightshade husks. 

Here's the first of the 10 gardens. I switched to Wormwood to plant crops in them and I love the looks of dragonfruit and pomegranate so I went with both. Lakhnish Monster recommends dragonfruit in his video because it's immune to fire but I play with wildfires off anyway so it doesn't matter. When designing this setup I was sad to see how ugly it looks like when crops spoil, so I found a mod that makes planted crops never rot: Happy farm. I don't leave crops unharvested after regular farming anyway so it doesn't really affect my normal gameplay.

The backstage! When I teleport to each garden, I land on the docks behind it, so it's safe but I usually still wear armor. There's a scaled furnace (after I froze to death once in winter at the end of the chain hehe) and fridge with a cold thermal in each garden. Glowcaps is a recent addition after I stopped playing with endless full moons. Usually houndiuses trigger immediately after I teleport because Brightshades aggro onto me due to the proximity, but they cannot reach me over the ocean gap. 

Here's an action picture from before I finished decorating them with potted ferns. I usually use brightshade staff to speed up the fight and help houndiuses. I tried going in on the other side to fight them normally and it's harder because houndiuses take the aggro away and I cannot reach the vines safely. Also it's hard to see them behind dense plants. It takes houndiuses around two minutes to kill all brightshades in a garden solo and about a minute if I help with the staff. Brightshades cannot reach their vines over the ocean gap so houndiuses never get damaged. 

Some gardens are more integrated into the land and have more room than the others: image.png.67f90f78e523bbd4ee089323e3861c12.png

Some are weirdly shaped to fit surrounding builds (squeezed this one in after I built my Apiary):

Glommer lives here for now. At least on the docks Vultures can't eat his goop. I plan to make him a separate garden in the Birch Forest around his statue someday.image.png.788f1ff4bed1862b30c261c30080ce74.png

I collect loot either using a lazy forager (the safest way) or by picking it up using Action Queue Reborn mod if I forgot the forager. Both to avoid accidentally picking up crops that work as a bait. (Also this screenshot is a little sneak peek of my circus/playground area that was inspired by Glooomy's amazing sideshow post, I'll show it next).

Each garden has exactly 36 bait plants (berry bushes, dragonfruit and pomegranate) combined. So as long as I don't plant more than 35 plants in any other spot, I can safely decorate with berry bushes, saplings and grass tufts.

Funny story: in my original design project in a creative version of this world each garden had a Queenly statue placed on a potter's wheel in the middle of the garden. Little did I know that farming all 10 figure sketches for them from tumbleweeds would be the hardest task! I caged my tumbleweed spawners and checked them several times per year:

By the time I installed my 40th Houndius Shootius I only managed to obtain three Queenly sketches! So I decided to go with Moon Moth and Moon statue on some of them instead:

Of course when I did that, I started getting tons of Queenly figure sketches. Once I got two back to back! image.png.8fc5405d23ee01873588bec0bc60f33e.png

9th garden is my favorite, not sure why. I guess I just really love this cozy corner setup!

And here's the end to my Brightshade Garden chain! Thanks for reading till the end of my tour (:

Bonus picture 1: Wormwood mid-work (also featuring spring version of birch trees which also look nice with this build): image.png.faf0dbca7dd4871485970a5e7aca0865.png

Bonus picture 2: Wanda and two houndiuses are trying to deal with 6 Brighshades that all somehow spawned in one garden (This was before I used the staff. Took forever to clear).image.png.ac7e40821da6cefad074cbbe289fe7b1.png

I loved your decorations!

Also, I don't know if this qualify as a tip, but you can destroy the potter's wheel to get the queen figure sketch back.

Also², I've made a build using brightshades but I still have no Idea to what to put inside, the "skeleton" is done, but the decor is low. Do you know if I can post a W.I.P.  here to get some feedback/ideas?

28 minutes ago, Valase said:

I loved your decorations!

Also, I don't know if this qualify as a tip, but you can destroy the potter's wheel to get the queen figure sketch back.

Also², I've made a build using brightshades but I still have no Idea to what to put inside, the "skeleton" is done, but the decor is low. Do you know if I can post a W.I.P.  here to get some feedback/ideas?

Thanks, glad you like it! Yes, I know that I can get the sketch back after destroying the wheel. But in my design each statue stands on top of a potter's wheel, to elevate it above the plants. If I break the wheel to get the sketch back, it will break the statue as well. If I put the statue on the ground, it won't be seen well behind other decorations. Therefore I needed another copy of the sketch for every new wheel. 

I've seen people post some WIP builds here and in the other thread, I think nobody will be against seeing it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lovens said:

Brightshade Gardens

image.png.e9deca285bb95e3b15c760412585293d.png

These probably rot. I like these for decoration, but having them rot is painful.

I hope you can become a proponent of my vision to be able to apply wax on farm plants to keep them from spoiling.

Just now, chirsg said:

image.png.e9deca285bb95e3b15c760412585293d.png

These probably rot. I like these for decoration, but having them rot is painful.

I hope you can become a proponent of my vision to be able to apply wax on farm plants to keep them from spoiling.

I mentioned this in my post, they don't rot because of the mod I use that prevents it. But I agree with you on waxing! It would have been a really cool feature to be able to apply wax on other spoilables like food or small veggies as well. 

On 11/24/2023 at 8:01 PM, Lovens said:

I absolutely loooove theseeee! The reds really captures the eye. I love the use of the pomegranates! They look so beautiful, I never even realized it. Also now I'm starting to get jealous that I missed out on that potted fern skin... It looks amazingggg here! 

I loved reading what you had to say <3 never apologize for "blabbering"! thank you so much for sharing!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 4:43 AM, Lovens said:

in my design each statue stands on top of a potter's wheel, to elevate it above the plants.

Try playing with z axis and place statues on top of walls, it might look off while rotating, but it should allow you to elevate your statues and still be able to use sketches on other builds (grinding those sketches seems more time consuming than getting on walls).

15 hours ago, glooomy said:

I absolutely loooove theseeee! The reds really captures the eye. I love the use of the pomegranates! They look so beautiful, I never even realized it. Also now I'm starting to get jealous that I missed out on that potted fern skin... It looks amazingggg here! 

I loved reading what you had to say <3 never apologize for "blabbering"! thank you so much for sharing!

Thanks, so glad you liked it! Aw, it's sad that you missed the potted fern skin. I hope they'll put it on the Klei rewards page so you could get it with points someday. I feel you about missing out on skins - I only started playing this game in 2022 and I was so upset after finding out all the limited time-only skins I missed out on. I'm still eagerly waiting for every new Klei point link so I could buy something else cool unobtainable with spools or steam wallet.

Circus

Now to the build I promised to show - my large playground/circus area inspired by your Amazing Sideshow build! It looked so cool and fun, and after seeing it for the first time I immediately wanted something similar in my world. I didn't want to copy it entirely as is and had a few ideas to add to it - especially the two events I love so much, the Bunnymen Pillow fight and Carrat races!

This area is huge, it takes up about one fifth of my base and is conveniently bordering three of my Brightshade Gardens which I can trigger and let houndiuses do all the work in the background while I'm doing something else in this area:DontStarveTogether28-11-202311-56-53.png.09a96b4b39ea95d1a0973377b4de27f5.png

Aerial view of the build during the day...image.png.acb6e4637e4e7511375bd8e61234e1f0.png

...And at night, which is my favorite time to showcase this build since I worked so much on lighting it up (at least 8 CCs were defeated to light up all those glowcaps, and to achieve different colors I had to collect a bunch of mushroom spores):image.png.15ae8c7705e12c536798652f40194368.png
It's also probably a good time to address the elephant in the room (no, not the Koalefants in those pens) - cawnival lights! I couldn't help but install the mod you recommended somewhere here on the forums: Midsummer Cawnival Plus. It automatically lights up all cawnival lights at dusk and turns them off in the morning. Since I play in a survival world, I made myself a rule so I wouldn't take too much advantage of free light this feature provides. I only allow myself to install cawnival lights in places already lit up by glowcaps/mushlights containing celestial crown shards. This way they serve as a supplementary light source and don't alter my survival gameplay. And I get to decorate with awesome lights which drastically change the look of the build!

The heart of the build: a large circus arena which is also a fully functioning bunnymen pillowfight arena! DontStarveTogether24-11-202323-16-40.png.c2c4e9855b1802cde035dab147f0a052.png
When planning this (in a creative version of this build first) I had to experiment a lot with spotlight/generator placement so they don't block the functionality of this arena, and with placement boxes of different elements. No mistakes were allowed since I had to switch to Winona to build some of it.

Arena fully lit up during the pillowfight event. Wanda wins!
DontStarveTogether24-11-202323-17-10.png.5b959bec82c356645599dd04c8c034dc.png

Some details/interactions around the arena: cawnival glitter and confetti cannons (which sadly don't have their effects in the air for too long) and functioning chairs (love this feature ever since they added it!)Arena_closeups.png.90d203321c01fce341406afa9a6897f3.png

The four corners of the arena, each with own color theme and matching light:

Red:
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-08-06.png.4c87b90ad19272d5e85f67ad6299d1d5.png

Blue:
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-08-14.png.a0406de4fc89cb42d209ed4748313880.png

Green:
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-07-46.png.e100e1a9e2cf6386d858f33180381a1e.png

Yellow:
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-07-55.png.d50f2df99b8db3aa96ba25afb040e9ee.png

Bunnies reside nearby:
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-10-53.png.9020ef6672ee201b74a43e37f9db1a5d.png

A little changing room with free pajamas (the sign is a nod to an old comic I like)
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-11-11.png.0f3862479787ecbd96913f9ce83dea09.png

Moving on to surrounding attractions: on the side closest to my Antlion arena I have a toy/trinket shop and a toy claw machine attraction (just a decoration but I wish I could make it function too):
DontStarveTogether24-11-202323-25-05.png.78308cc783a76c9d90cfa05d4065a748.png

Close-ups:
image.png.5aa6ce9f8dc09ddfbc49d9c31d26ba47.png
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-18-44.png.d7fdf29bb13a7331597540c5e922d838.png

Magician's corner:
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-21-05.png.498457ec95b3f1412decefb787f3d204.png

Do you ever lift, bro? Test your mightiness!
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-21-18.png.4d02dcedfb79e8b41499c2258bd3b580.png

I was so excited to build this shooting gallery until I learned that I can't really make this a functioning attraction. Shooting one balloon not only explodes all nearby balloons but also damages all walls around it. So it's a just a balloon storage/display/shop now, I suppose. 
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-21-31.png.4d1394dfe22d68e01cffd1f23f5f774f.png

This fortune teller booth was so awesome that I just stole it as is pretty much haha. It also looks amazing during full moons with Moon dials overflowing!DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-21-42.png.78d0d56e8e9f45b8176c7fa0a0ddb1f3.png

A little outdoors cafe nook which is also a warm up/cool down station for thermals. Before bearger bin existed that was also a cool place for storing some food when playing in the area:
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-21-48.png.d6b9e57eea5fb7340d0fe031ece4f267.png

Koalefant pens are nothing new but I like giving names to mine and making pens accessible for players. You can walk in there without opening any doors, and they can't walk out:
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-31-22.png.4eb2b58ebabdf27245d1b8c379f615da.png

Koalefants are friends, not food! Look at these cuties:
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-31-30.png.5633f7a4406d57ce25669d18fc155903.png

And finally, the skeleton of the build...and one of the coolest features I love about it! Carrat races! The entire outline of this zone is a carrat race track, and of course there is also a carrat gym:
image.png.55ca61b2fd29d0c3096c0c62dfd18c0d.png

Carrats are adorable lazy slackers during the night, so I'm showing this during the day. The race starts here between Koalefant pens...
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-37-38.png.6f16624c4f486af91f991f5153febeee.png

And goes clockwise all around the circus area! I'm rotating the camera as they go to show it from a convenient angle: DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-38-02.png.9a0953d89343385604ee70e45feff4a2.png

You can race against friends (my husband plays with me sometimes and we race together) or solo against Charlie's rats. Mine is leading against Charlie here: DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-38-18.png.9eeba2da1d3c944d9f53b20c74768b63.png

Halfway there! 
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-38-37.png.080cde9f406e522f87d4009afb76652f.png

The deadliest part of the track. I have a couple caged tallbirds nearby, and this part of the track is also on top of a buzzard spawner. Both would like to eat my carrat as it passes by, but my fella is oh so fast!
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-38-41.png.bc5124859b4272fdeb94c8bc0e906f32.png

Taking some rest before sprinting the last part: DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-38-51.png.3b7bad4e36775a6711ca0a397be24b2e.png

The victory is ours! 
DontStarveTogether28-11-202313-39-15.png.f860ff26c363c2bb6551e6c2411621f9.png

And a well-deserved gift as well: 
image.png.872c85bd3b90b9d5444f1713e15c899b.png

That's it, thanks for reading/scrolling to the end of my post! 

Edited by Lovens
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Seb Luthor said:

excited for when posts like these are banned :roll:

On what grounds?

In fact I find your comment one of the most strangest interactions any posting on these forums got, especially for a thread centered on decorative base designs. Such peculiar cases.

Anyway, some sharing on topic at hand from my most recent (as recent as "over 5 months ago atm of this post" can be) Endless pub adventure on a friend's dedicated server sporting some QoL mods and events - camp done in a Sunken Forest/Sunken Savanna biome, close to a Cave exit:

E0F4174908621700538E7AA1284E3724110FF0DF

6D6CA678358399FC61BCD83A25A39CFADDB72763

7017658949A2EAAD97E796D4D243A04816D9C149

360E9AEDEDA08D083293E099E9564B223F5AA06D

9BD04970246CC0E00A58A6C86DBCFE4F674EE038

4CBBC551891E6123EC835B873D444DC6D4DF8D78

C111CB335FF0B99BC5B048174BF1C406013F6ECB

E1C5AC54C3243C3BC3DB4E766E157487DA4F6FCF

FE53F9B18E8B3E4756DC441BA9E74F622E6D84F7

B9141C315277FC32BD0515922B79380915255011

Edited by MostMerryTomcat
  • Like 4