Okay where is the lore discussion about the new short?

24 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

or maybe was intended

I don't think so, his quote for the portal is "so that's where I left that thing!" and he actively tries to stop you once in adventure mode putting 5 harsh worlds in between. Plus, in the Checkamte, he doesn't do anything to you, you do something to him without being asked to.

1 minute ago, Garett Skott said:

I don't think so, his quote for the portal is "so that's where I left that thing!" and he actively tries to stop you once in adventure mode putting 5 harsh worlds in between. Plus, in the Checkamte, he doesn't do anything to you, you do something to him without being asked to.

I've read theories that he's actually putting on some sort of act to encourage the survivors to push through the challenges by doing the opposite of what he wants, or that the shadows are forcing him to act in such a manner.
I personally don't believe it and hold issue with the earliest iterations of the story, but that could be an explanation I suppose.

5 minutes ago, Garett Skott said:

true but also maxwell didnt look happy in the throne and were the shadows who manipulated his mind. Maybe wilson creating the door was a way to make a "backdoor" to make someone reach and freed him

On 11/23/2022 at 11:34 PM, Dextops said:

all dlc's were excluded and wormwood isn't even classified as monster, i think you're digging waaaaay to deep into this.

i wonder if dlc characters arent canon then. do they appear in trailers that arent seasonal?

15 minutes ago, Datanon said:

i wonder if dlc characters arent canon then. do they appear in trailers that arent seasonal?

I think Wurt was in the background of WX-78 short for a second or two? and in Eye of the storm, iirc. Pretty sure Wormwood was present in RWYS.

However it does make sense for at least Wurt and Wormwood to not be important to lore much, one is merely a merm who hangs out with the survivors and another is a weird symbiosis(or whatever Wormwood is) of a plant and lunar crystal. both sorta "belong" to the constant, even if they're acting a bit "out of tune" so to say. now for Wortox and Wanda? idk. both came from another world/dimension/whatever, both posses great powers. I guess Wortox can be explained by the fact that he doesn't really take any of this seriously? he can leave at any time, as he says, so there's not much at stake for him. now, Wanda? I'm not sure.

now, returning to the chess board, the only other 2 missing are Webber and Wilson.

my best guess for Wilson is that in Charlie's eyes, he, the "fool", already played his part, by leading her to the throne basically. so now she views him neither as a threat nor as a potentially useful piece. (which would be her doom, since as we know, Wilson noticed something was up with Maxwell. he might not have fancy magic or outstanding talent, but he's no "fool", so by thinking that he's "off the board", Charlie overlooks a flaw in her plan, whatever her plan is)

As for Weber, I have no idea. maybe my theory about Wilson is incorrect, and together with Webber, he started a beard club or something (Woodie and Warly weren't invited, their beards aren't magnificent enough)

On 11/24/2022 at 12:50 AM, Cassielu said:

Foreground: The final performance is on the night of April 17th, Charlie comes to Maxwell's apartment is probably on the afternoon of April 17th, and the earthquake happens on April 18th at 5:12 a.m.

In Short1:40 to 2:02, actually five scene were cut together.

1. Charlie in a red coat finds the entrance to the hidden chamber. The scene indicates that it is before the earthquake

2. Maxwell fights the Shadow (creatures?) in the hidden chamber. The scene indicates that it is after the earthquake

3. Similar to the story we've already seen in the William Carter puzzle, Charlie in a red coat is frightened by something and runs out of the hidden chamber. But the scene outside indicates that it is after the earthquake, also, she did not take the Codex Umbra or Maxwell's clothes. It is worth mentioning that the time shown by the clock in Maxwell's apartment in this scene is not the time of Charlie running out of the apartment in Puzzle, nor is it the time of the earthquake. If the time is not far apart, it actually shows the time probably after the final performance but before the earthquake.

4. The Final Art short clip. According to the Compendium, they did enter The Constant at this point.

5. Charlie was in the atrium, looking at something uneasily, transform into her shadow mosnter form for a moment and was attacked from behind by Fuelweaver

With such a confusing timeline, I wish there was a better theorist than me who could explain it for us. But for myself, I can only think of three theories:

1. None of these scenes are real. Maybe a false memory to control Charlie. Or maybe it's not an apartment, but a similar space constructed by magic.

2.The artist got it wrong.

3.God damn time travel.

You said 'The time shown by the clock in Maxwell's apartment in this scene is not the time of Charlie running out of the apartment in Puzzle.'

There is a mirror opposite the clock,bro.    :)

微信图片_20221129084205.png

2 hours ago, palecreeper said:

You said 'The time shown by the clock in Maxwell's apartment in this scene is not the time of Charlie running out of the apartment in Puzzle.'

There is a mirror opposite the clock,bro.    :)

微信图片_20221129084205.png

You can't see the mirror from that angle, also the time after the mirror reversal still doesn't match.

On 11/27/2022 at 1:03 PM, skile said:

I think Wurt was in the background of WX-78 short for a second or two? and in Eye of the storm, iirc. Pretty sure Wormwood was present in RWYS.

You brought up WX, and that got me thinking, they are the only non human on the board. I can see why, due to them (I think?) getting infused with wagstaffs colleagues soul.

On 11/24/2022 at 12:50 AM, Cassielu said:

Foreground: The final performance is on the night of April 17th, Charlie comes to Maxwell's apartment is probably on the afternoon of April 17th, and the earthquake happens on April 18th at 5:12 a.m.

In Short1:40 to 2:02, actually five scene were cut together.

1. Charlie in a red coat finds the entrance to the hidden chamber. The scene indicates that it is before the earthquake

2. Maxwell fights the Shadow (creatures?) in the hidden chamber. The scene indicates that it is after the earthquake

3. Similar to the story we've already seen in the William Carter puzzle, Charlie in a red coat is frightened by something and runs out of the hidden chamber. But the scene outside indicates that it is after the earthquake, also, she did not take the Codex Umbra or Maxwell's clothes. It is worth mentioning that the time shown by the clock in Maxwell's apartment in this scene is not the time of Charlie running out of the apartment in Puzzle, nor is it the time of the earthquake. If the time is not far apart, it actually shows the time probably after the final performance but before the earthquake.

4. The Final Art short clip. According to the Compendium, they did enter The Constant at this point.

5. Charlie was in the atrium, looking at something uneasily, transform into her shadow mosnter form for a moment and was attacked from behind by Fuelweaver

With such a confusing timeline, I wish there was a better theorist than me who could explain it for us. But for myself, I can only think of three theories:

1. None of these scenes are real. Maybe a false memory to control Charlie. Or maybe it's not an apartment, but a similar space constructed by magic.

2.The artist got it wrong.

3.God damn time travel.

You are right.

BTW    After the earthquake, the picture on the wall fell off, but not in the short film

Archived