Maxwell should definitely be able to use alarming clock

As title says, seeing that Maxwell has unique interaction with shadow equipment, it seems odd that he can't use alarming clock at all. It's enough of a penalty that he can't craft it and just like with bone armor / bone helm it will take him some time to get it. Since Maxwell doesn't have a concept of age, probably giving him a constant 1.25 damage modifier on it would be fair enough (slightly better than normal Wanda's 1.2 modifier and significantly worse that old Wanda's 1.75 modifier).

Plus such situation with character-specific item already exists in a game: Warly and Walter can use Willow's lighter, but can't craft it.

Lore-wise, I agree it completely makes sense.

Gameplay-wise, the reason Wanda has such an strong weapon that can deal damage at range is because she can't heal by normal means which makes her great offensive balanced by a very low defense (not to mention she's constantly taking "damage" in the form of age).  Maxwell might have low HP, but he's far less limited in healing when compared to Wanda, so giving him the ability to use the clock would be very unbalanced.

No just no this rework has the has had the most bonkers suggestions of any rework to date and not even just for laughs...

Just now, LDee said:

Lore-wise, I agree it completely makes sense.

Gameplay-wise, the reason Wanda has such an strong weapon that can deal damage at range is because she can't heal by normal means which makes her great offensive balanced by a very low defense (not to mention she's constantly taking "damage" in the form of age).  Maxwell might have low HP, but he's far less limited in healing when compared to Wanda, so giving him the ability to use the clock would be very unbalanced.

I can't even agree lore wise the alarming clock is a personally made shadow equipment there's no lore proof he would even know how it works it'd be just as silly as wanda using the codex umbra because she's experienced with shadow magic.

The alarming clock is a whip, it's not unreasonable at all to assume he can't proficiently use it like Wanda and so it would be ineffective if not dangerous for him to do so. It's like why can't people use Walter's slingshot? Because they can't use a slingshot like he can, it's more complicated than just swinging a bat made of ham or a stick with a sharp stone at the end. 

Also, from a balance stand point that's a ridiculous concept.

12 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

The alarming clock is a whip, it's not unreasonable at all to assume he can't proficiently use it like Wanda and so it would be ineffective if not dangerous for him to do so. It's like why can't people use Walter's slingshot? Because they can't use a slingshot like he can, it's more complicated than just swinging a bat made of ham or a stick with a sharp stone at the end. 

Also, from a balance stand point that's a ridiculous concept.

It's abouts as unreasonable as to why the others can't use the codex you can sau well Maxwell's mastered it but the other survivors regularly use shadow and ancient magic.

2 hours ago, Lil K said:

As I see it, Alarming Clock is, above all, a magical Clock. Therefore, Wanda should be the only one able to make use of it.

Yea since she's a magical fairy she should be only one usiing a magical clock.

Her and maybe her husband but i wouldn't trust him with such equipment.

Archived