Woodie Buff (kinda)

So, what you guys think about the following:

Give Woodie the ability to craft a anti-curse necklace. Like Wilba's necklace, if woodie wears it, he won't transform, even when the full moon comes. It would also stop any of the monkey-curse trinkets from going to his inventory. 

Not a fan of the idea. The forms current issues is that they are too punishing to use for little benefit, giving a way to just ignore them would make Woodie truly just Wilson who can cut fast and has a worse beard.

I do like the idea of the monkey-curse trinkets having some sort of special interaction though. Something to make Woodie's curse stand out, maybe when he is in a wereform trinkets won't deposit into his inventory? 

No. Don't need an armor slot to be annoying and taking up inventory space.

If he doesn't get any drastic changes, I think he needs is to NOT lose hunger after each transformation.

The necklace would kinda steal the idea of Wilba's kit to be a preventative to her curse while her curse is actually partially a blessing, considering how many more things she can do compared to him.

Woodie's issue is constant transformations, but his core issues are constant hunger drain, sanity drain, no access to inventory and can't hold head or weapon slot cause they drop on transform. If Klei changes for him to be somewhat similar to how Wilba's inventory works or something while having a lot more control over what he does while transformed I think he'd actually be interesting and solid character. But he can't craft or do anything, pick items or eat food at LEAST. I get paws and all, but I feel like each form should have their own different downside, but could either craft, access inventory or access the backpack and inventory while picking items.

My ideas:

Goose - can't craft,  access inventory or pick items. It's duration for the form should be extended while running and be real quick to lose charge when standing still. It's there for quick escapes, scouting and travel than anything.

Moose - can't craft, but can access inventory for food. Can eat food, but eat grass to recharge his weremeter and slow it's degradation. The whole idea of when you're armored and fighting you want to have food accessibility at all times.

Beaver - can't craft, can access inventory and backpack, can sort and pick items off the ground and eat logs to replenish the meter. He's a harvester after all, why can't he gather while he harvests?

Just those improvements would make him actually decent as a character and his transformations. While the forms are there for a specific use his human form would exist to do tasks like crafting, cooking and other things.

He'd lose hunger like normal or more in those forms but can be fed anytime.

For an actual QoL-sized thing...
I would ask that the moonrock idols made via the celestial portal stop transformations via Moon stuff when in his inventory. Give them a spooky glow when they've recently 'consumed' a transformation, maybe.

They always want an offering.

16 hours ago, Lil K said:

Give Woodie the ability to craft a anti-curse necklace. Like Wilba's necklace, if woodie wears it, he won't transform, even when the full moon comes. It would also stop any of the monkey-curse trinkets from going to his inventory. 

If this were implemented, I hope this introduction would also have a origin comic for the monster meat idols.

Archived