Pirate Monkeys - so many attacks

Four raids in 10 days.   I don't even bother making a regular boat just a platform and using paddle.    They also attacked me when I was leaving my dock from land.     Then on my way back from their island there were all these curse trinkets at my shoreline, very annoying. Going to burn down their hutches.

ive experienced chained attacks too, i thought they put a cooldown on it?

Recently i killed the first attack and went to moon quay to cleanse the trinkets and on my way back to base, like 2-3 screens away from moon quay i got another attack lol. I just put them to sleep when i heard them off screen and paddled away :lol: watching a boat full of sleeping monkeys drift by was kinda funny 794DC286-B45E-45AB-8F2B-0F8CE2EC192D.thumb.jpeg.c9a713ad6db9327590c05150e03c67e8.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Mencken said:

Then on my way back from their island there were all these curse trinkets at my shoreline, very annoying.

Yeaaah the fact that they still drop trinkets even when they like crash their own boat and drown off screen or whatever is kinda annoying.

17 minutes ago, Mencken said:

I don't even bother making a regular boat just a platform and using paddle.

Do they still break sails? I thought they removed that. I dont build sails anymore either but for different reasons, if monkeys can still break them thats another good reason not to use them lol. I swear the devs dont want u to sail with actual sails. 

——
tbh idk what to think of pirate monkey waves. Some of the loot is great: polly rogers and bandana but once u have them they become such a lame chore and they drop sooooo much TRASH.

Hound waves r a lot more fun to deal with imo.. 

They can be really annoying.  It kinda sections off an area of the water that's a no-go zone unless you're specifically making a b-line to the island and back.

I agree with this

8 hours ago, Ohan said:

I swear the devs dont want u to sail with actual sails. 

I miss when building cool boat bases was a thing you could do :\ 

10 hours ago, Ohan said:

Do they still break sails? I thought they removed that

They only break sails if they're up, so if you release them before the monkies get to them, you'll be good to go.

Malbatross Sails they'll only make inactive, instead of hammering.

21 hours ago, Owlrust said:

Are you based like directly next to Moon Quay Island?

That doesn't sound too bad actually, just make sure you only bring what you need, and try and place a banana on deck to ward them off if you don't want to fight them.

No I'm on the main continent and it is about two minutes sailing to get there. Are you saying that if I place a banana my boat they won't attack?

14 minutes ago, Mencken said:

Are you saying that if I place a banana my boat they won't attack?

If theres a banana on deck they will prioritize it and after theyve taken it they’ll leave. But u still have to deal with the leak caused by them crashing into you and its possible for them to take other stuff before they reach the banana, i have seen this happen. If the banana is in a stack they’ll take all of it so be sure to drop only 1. 

On 10/12/2022 at 7:25 PM, Ohan said:

If theres a banana on deck they will prioritize it and after theyve taken it they’ll leave. But u still have to deal with the leak caused by them crashing into you and its possible for them to take other stuff before they reach the banana, i have seen this happen. If the banana is in a stack they’ll take all of it so be sure to drop only 1. 

Firstly, a leak is not a big deal.
Second, do they cause a leak if you make bumper kits?

On 10/11/2022 at 3:49 PM, Ohan said:

794DC286-B45E-45AB-8F2B-0F8CE2EC192D.thumb.jpeg.c9a713ad6db9327590c05150e03c67e8.jpeg

Do they still break sails? I thought they removed that. I dont build sails anymore either but for different reasons, if monkeys can still break them thats another good reason not to use them lol. I swear the devs dont want u to sail with actual sails.

Why do you have a steering wheel and anchor if you don't use sails? For aesthetics?

9 hours ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

Firstly, a leak is not a big deal.
Second, do they cause a leak if you make bumper kits?

Why do you have a steering wheel and anchor if you don't use sails? For aesthetics?

They've been Malbatross Bill-pilled, you don't need sails when you can row at the speed of light. Probably.

Archived