What animal is Wortox though?

It has goat horns like Krampus and in Bibles demon heads look like goats. But some of my friends say it is a deer as in Snowfallen skin, the description starts with "Deer Wortox". And in No-Eyed Deer skin, it says Wortox was once a simple creature. Besides some say the Innocent skin looks just like a deer. So is it a goat or a deer?

Wortox is an imp. it's a play on being a mythological being as such he's mischievous and troublesome. he also makes a lot of references to hell although i think this is more so references and a combination of the idea that imps are sometimes depicted as a servant to the devil and being a part of the underworld but not meant to be taken incredibly seriously in this context i think. in general it's a unique play on the mythological creature of an imp but not set in stone in the same mythology.

Since Wortox is a mythological creature i always took his skins as a base to make other mythological creatures. As you can see we have Dragons, Gargoyles, Goblins, minotaurs, satyrs- etc.
it's kind of the idea they go with Wurt and Wormwood where both go plant based and or seacreature based. Not all skins go this way however.

There is a bit of lore as well - uncorrupted skin is what Wortox was before he got... kida merged with krampii? It's just in his short, so you can check it on your own. So we can as well say currently is a cursed imp with krampii features.  

Archived