can place fridge close to crockpot...but not visa versa?

just wondering what the logic is for this.

i can place a fridge very close to a crockpot, but i cannot place a crockpot close to a fridge.

the reason is i wanted to place 2 fridges next to each other, then put crockpots all around them. this is actually a pain because i need to place the crackpots first, then place the fridges, not right, so break everything and start again.

is there a mod to get around this to allow closer placement? i don't care about getting things lined up, just close together.

thanks for any advice.

40 minutes ago, stevmjon said:

is there a mod to get around this to allow closer placement? i don't care about getting things lined up, just close together.

The mod you're looking for is Realistic Placement. Just be wary cause you can place things *too* close together and make an impassable wall.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551324730

This is an issue i commonly have to deal with when it comes to building on boats, you have to start with the big stuff and work your way down to the small stuff.

Its a thing ive personally learned to build around and ive memorized how many GeoPlacement 'ticks' get taken up by different structures needed for boats

This. Whenever you have an oopsie occur (aka half of your crockpots burn down because you placed a dwarf star too close), you need to hammer ALL of your cooking corner, because the pots don't go next to the fridges anymore and it is causing me pain..

This really should be changed. Sometimes you don't want to wait until you have all the ice boxes you need before placing crock pots, so you have 2 choices: Make the base look ugly, and fix it later (wasting resources with hammer), or wait until you have all the ice boxes ready before placing crock pots.

8 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

This really should be changed. Sometimes you don't want to wait until you have all the ice boxes you need before placing crock pots, so you have 2 choices: Make the base look ugly, and fix it later (wasting resources with hammer), or wait until you have all the ice boxes ready before placing crock pots.

Isn't it the opposite problem: you have to wait until you can make all the crock pots before placing the ice boxes? Because you can place the ice boxes always close to the crock pots.

To be honest, I might be the minority here, but I kind of like that you need to plan out the building. I like to strategize personally. And to think about, and optimize order of my tasks.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:42 PM, Falkenpelz said:

This. Whenever you have an oopsie occur (aka half of your crockpots burn down because you placed a dwarf star too close), you need to hammer ALL of your cooking corner, because the pots don't go next to the fridges anymore and it is causing me pain..

Yeah, this sucks. If it is your fault, than be it. But if somebody else does this and doesn't care to fix it, it look ugly, doesn't work properly and you need to fix it in their stead. Doesn't happen often though.

2 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

Yeah, I got it backwards because I haven't played DST in a while.

You can start by placing crockpots in formation and ice boxes outside, so it doesn't block additional crock pots.

20 hours ago, Psychic Chicken said:

That's true, but I like the way it looks with ice boxes in the middle.

well, obviously it looks and works the best with ice/salt boxes in the middle.

I meant you can place them outside only before you get all 6 crockpots ready, and only then move the ice/salt boxes to the middle.

On 8/20/2022 at 6:55 AM, stevmjon said:

just wondering what the logic is for this.

i can place a fridge very close to a crockpot, but i cannot place a crockpot close to a fridge.

the reason is i wanted to place 2 fridges next to each other, then put crockpots all around them. this is actually a pain because i need to place the crackpots first, then place the fridges, not right, so break everything and start again.

thanks for any advice.

This. You need to smash EVERY cooking corner whenever an accident happens (like when half of your crockpots burn down because you put a dwarf star too close), because the pots no longer fit next to the refrigerators and it is hurting me.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:06 AM, Duck986 said:

You can place one fridge, then 6 cookpots, then X fridges inside and around that "circle".

There's mod called round placement mod. First get the crockpot ready to place but don't place it. Open mod menu, click the interval text it will choose perfect spacing, put 5 in the number field. Now press the input to place the 5 pots perfectly close. Then do the same but with 4 iceboxes. Now you have 5 pots and 4 iceboxes which you can reach any pot from. While in 6 pot set up you can reach any pot only from the middle one.

Archived