Rain Rituals avaliable first autum

I think the change in the rain rituals recepy wasn't needed, been able to summon rain doesnt let you rush bosses first autum, you have to still get speed boosts, healing items, light sources and seasonal protection. The only thing the book did on the early game was giving you a reason to rush goats and use the morning star. A different way to play the early game wich is one of the things i look out the most in a character.

For me at least this change is not impactfull it only takes away a fun thing that made wickerbottom more unique and a reason to even start worlds as her and i think it should be reverted to its previous state.

I truly don't mind if it keeps costing goose feathers but i don't like the fun of a character been time locked: Wormwood speed is locked behind ocean, Wanda's items and Wx's speed are locked behind ruins, Wendy needs to farm an exclusive item and Warly needs resources from the whole map.

Non of this its time locked, it requires ability and knowledge of the game to get it and i would prefer wicker to have the same treatment.

(Sorry if there is any gramar mistake, its been a while since i had to write in english properly)

43 minutes ago, Malfario said:

Non of this its time locked, it requires ability and knowledge of the game to get it and i would prefer wicker to have the same treatment.

Wanda's teleportation watch is both time-locked and RNG-locked. :? At least with Dawn Feather you know that Mosslings and their mom are guaranteed to drop dawn feathers which isn't the case with McTusk's tusk. WX's speed 2 circuit is heavily RNG locked. Either you get lucky with Rook spawning on the surface or you have to go to the ruins or assemble the marble piece on the full moon. 

Just now, maxwell_winters said:

Wanda's teleportation watch is both time-locked and RNG-locked. :? At least with Dawn Feather you know that Mosslings and their mom are guaranteed to drop dawn feathers which isn't the case with McTusk's tusk. WX's speed 2 circuit is heavily RNG locked. Either you get lucky with Rook spawning on the surface or you have to go to the ruins or assemble the marble piece on the full moon. 

I think they're just talking about items that make you stronger. They're referring to a strategy of using morningstars in combination with rain rituals for a higher than DPS as Wicker, but now you have to wait until Spring. Wanda's alarming clock isn't season specific.

6 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

Wanda's teleportation watch is both time-locked and RNG-locked. 

That isn't used in combat. 

6 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

WX's speed 2 circuit is heavily RNG locked

Rooks always spawn in the ruins. 

There is a way to get rain rituals in autumn although it is very convoluted.

First you must get pearl to level 8. This unlocks the down quill float for 1 bottle. Deconstructing it gives you one down feather, meaning if you do this twice you will be able to craft the book in autumn 

26 minutes ago, Ornge said:

Although I am now realising that would require doing atleast one fishing task (which I have never seen anyone do) and waiting to give pearl the umbrella, so yeah have fun getting this in autumn 

24 minutes ago, Ornge said:

First you must get pearl to level 8. This unlocks the down quill float for 1 bottle. Deconstructing it gives you one down feather, meaning if you do this twice you will be able to craft the book in autumn 

Thats brilliant, however to get to level 8 you need to find the seasonal fish which can be a bit to time consuming, and still between the tasks and the ruins rush to get the green staffs, you will probably run out of time to enjoy the book before winter

Just now, chirsg said:

Spring start doesn't spawn moose goose, does it?

i know deerclops and bearger can not spawn before day 30, but i dont know if this aplys to moose goose as well

7 hours ago, Ornge said:

Although I am now realising that would require doing atleast one fishing task (which I have never seen anyone do) and waiting to give pearl the umbrella, so yeah have fun getting this in autumn 

Now I need to see a Granny's duel autumn start will Wanda deconstruct a cane from a sunken chest first or will Wickerbottom deconstruct quills from pearl first? 

Personally I like that the new recipe gives more functionality to a boss drop, it makes it feel more like a boss drop. Maybe it's because I like playing my games pretty slow and at a comfortable pace, so  I don't really care too much for the rushing mentality. That you need to go to go farm something as soon as you spawn in - rushing ruins or killing bee queen asap. I like when some stuff is time locked. It makes events feel more like meaningful and interesting when they occur. 

11 hours ago, chirsg said:

Spring start doesn't spawn moose goose, does it?

Summer start would. 

11 hours ago, Malfario said:

i know deerclops and bearger can not spawn before day 30, but i dont know if this aplys to moose goose as well

Giants can not spawn before day 27.

1 hour ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Personally I like that the new recipe gives more functionality to a boss drop, it makes it feel more like a boss drop

How does a character specific item make it feel more like a boss drop? The other 17 characters can't do anything different with it. 

Archived