Bearger and Moose for hostile flare

Let's make it happen. 

Sorta related: what if hostile flare also re-spawned raid bosses? Bundle wrap from Beequeen is a highly sought after drop only available every twenty days.  

Walruses look for prey, player just fits the category.

Deerclops looks for structures and human activity, flare is exactly that.

Pirates look for ships, get notified with flare.

Bearger looks for food. Fireworks got nothing to do with food.

Moose Goose looks for a nest. A flare would scare it away.

New Bee Queen needs to be born and build her own nest. Afaik explosions don't speed that up.

Dragonfly (assumingly) grows from lavae in a magma pond. Not sure how flares relate.

Etc etc. I personally think even summoning Deerclops is too much, but i can somewhat understand it. There are multiple moose geese in the world already, and raid bosses have a cool down for a reason. As for Bearger, he really doesn't need to be farmed. He has no super good drops to offer, and you can already farm his fur via tufts.

I think the flare is good as it is, or there should be some other summoning items so they work in context.

1 hour ago, Sikers said:

Hostail flare is made of glommer's goop Bearger can eat glommer's goop, so it makes sense for me

47 minutes ago, Ornge said:

Glommer Goop is edible so I don't see why this shouldn't be a thing

It's also flammable, and the flare explodes so it's not like it's noticable or there's anything left.

But I'm mostly talking about how Deerclops can be argued because the eye is a valuable drop that is known to be fought for in pubs, and Bearger is just a lumberjack and it's drops don't really matter. Summoning it is either useless or just a luxury mechanic which there should be as little as possible imo.

17 hours ago, hhh2 said:

Let's make it happen. 

Sorta related: what if hostile flare also re-spawned raid bosses? Bundle wrap from Beequeen is a highly sought after drop only available every twenty days.  

Having rare loot time-locked is half of what makes it rare, though. I personally think Deerclops should still never spawn more than once per winter, even with hostile flares.

Realism aside, I don't see why this couldn't be a feature. I don't particularly like waiting and grinding for loot. This new flare is super Terraria inspired.

7 hours ago, cybers2001 said:

Having rare loot time-locked is half of what makes it rare, though. I personally think Deerclops should still never spawn more than once per winter, even with hostile flares.

Well, it's here to stay now. Might as well add the rest of the bosses.

8 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Harvester mains sweating on the bearger request are we trying to send Maxwell to the homeless shelter?

Only temporarily. His rework will hopefully give him a new role. 

2 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

Even then it would kinda erase the need for harvester character perks which I wouldn't really be a fan of either way I know this becomes the case in the second year but at least let them shine in a group for a year...

25 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

Strangely enough, I never considered him a harvester in Don't Starve Alone. He was a cool sorcerer who could use magic without significant repercussions. Puppets were a secondary perk for me. When I played him in DST for the first time, I was so underwhelmed. So I hope the rework will not necessarily give him the "new" role, but rather will be "the return to the form" and expand on the original concept of a powerful but frail sorcerer. 

5 minutes ago, cybers2001 said:

But it literally just came out on the beta bran--NOPE IT'S HERE TO STAY!

Why wouldn't it be? I don't see any and I doubt there are many threads complaining about it. 

16 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Even then it would kinda erase the need for harvester character perks which I wouldn't really be a fan of either way I know this becomes the case in the second year but at least let them shine in a group for a year...

Limit the flare to working only after first 30 days or something to that effect, so bearger can't be spawned before first year in pubs.

4 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

Why wouldn't it be? I don't see any and I doubt there are many threads complaining about it. 

I dunno, I've been critical about it in every conversation. Maybe I need to spam threads in all caps about how it's going to absolutely destroy pubs and pvp like some people do about whatever they don't like.

Archived