I've got an idea for a dst ocean biome here it is

Frozen Ocean aka iceberg biome

it's a small icy biome where penguls and ice glasures spawn all year round but slightly slower in summer cuz of the heat and when its winter id would be at is coldest

if its already cold in autumn and spring, just imagine how it is 

also being the floor literally made of ice it would be slippery

also being the whole biome is frozen all food in the player, chests or any container there can and will act like an ice box

also as u/YToGami said to me, a blueprint to be get a reverse scaled furnace so instead of giving heat it will work like an endothermic fire

Frozen Ocean

+ice all year round

+penguls all year

+the world works like a bit ice box

+endothermic furnace

-winter makes it so you cant last long without a big amount of insolation 

-slippery so you glide and can't stop immediately

-less ice in summer

-ice hounds are more likely to spawn when in the island

To build on this idea, my preferred modification would be the biome melts entirely during summer. Ice turf breaking animation is the same as dock tile destruction animation. Any structure built on top of it will be destroyed.

A new boss will emerge when the ice layer melts. This guy lives under the ice normally, but becomes curious when his ice "roof" disappears. He comes out being mischievous but not malicious, can be befriended but also can be hostile. Because of his curiosity, he has a large private collection. Defeating him will not kill him, but make him run away and leave behind a premium version of sunken chest. His fear of the overworld will dominate over his curiosity until the next summer (or base on game setting).

The only base you can build that can persist in ice biome is boat base. Because dock tiles will fall apart along with ice turf. But ice layer formation will be prevented where there are boats.

Any mobs living on ice biome know how to swim.

A frozen island would be great to have with it being cool in summer and super freezing in winter. Maybe can even have a little scottish walrus village residing there during the winter with a walrus king boss.

Could also have some polar bears mobs, pengulls, emperor pengull miniboss, yeti hunchbacks, lots of ice, and more! It has lots of potential and would be very cool, personally I think the ocean does need a lot more islands to explore because there's too much empty waters that need to be sailed before you reach somewhere which is boring.

They even had a concept for a ice biome before ds was a thing

iceland.jpeg.2b03dc0f4bd6f4250f2dfa302e75fc90.jpeg

1 hour ago, Just-guy said:

I think that a biome with permanent climate breaks the core concept of seasons of affecting the whole world.

i think it opens interesting gameplay moments by using an already in game mechanic with the possibility of expanding them since is local. Something like having to bring winter gear in summer to explore that island can create dangerous situations and they can add blizzards and other hazards related without affecting other people in the server 

i wish they add a volcanic island with fire geysers and dragons like SW and with a very hot temperature 

Archived