Is the wicker refresh coming today?

If it doesn't in an hour then no. But I think they would announce it earlier, bc Twitch Drops and Rhymes with Play stream need to be announced ahead too and there's been nothing about those.

Well it’s almost 5pm, if there was going to be a release today it would’ve already happened by now, they also usually announce that it’s coming a week ahead of it actually coming so- that means announcement will likely be next Thursday, and release date the Thursday after that. Which if that is correct means there will be another 2 weeks of Wickerbottom Beta before the changes are finalized.

There is no way they are taking an entire month for any rework. Two weeks has been the longest they have ever taken with any release. She only got changes to her recipes, I'm not sure what the delay is about? I'm stumped maybe it's the changes to other characters? I dunno

17 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

There is no way they are taking an entire month for any rework. Two weeks has been the longest they have ever taken with any release. She only got changes to her recipes, I'm not sure what the delay is about? I'm stumped maybe it's the changes to other characters? I dunno

It’s probably got a lot more to do with the newer stuff not even related to Wickerbottom or her rework that they keep adding into the game alongside her rework- such as the new Hostile Flare and Fencing Sword.

These things let you summon enemy mobs, and rotate fences/walls, I’m sure there’s going to need to be a bit of testing to make sure no huge problems come from that..

Its also possible they heard all the complaints about The End is Nigh being a useless book for Wickerbottom now, so they’re reworking it into being something awesome.

My personal favorite suggestion for it was to be able to summon lightning bolts to a target location which will do various things, such as- If summoned onto a school of fish, they all float up to the surface as cooked fish morsels.

Any major changes take time, and while I don’t want to get anyones hopes up, the fact that the update hasn’t released, or hasn’t even got a coming next week announcement could mean big changes to Wickerbottoms rework.

In general I like the idea of having a “Casters Circle” to choose exactly what my spells will effect rather then it being Server Wide or RNG based.

Server Wide effects is also new to a rework and is very exclusively a Wickerbottom ONLY problem- so I’m sure they’re not going to release this rework with Wicker being able to force Woodie into his curses like Ben 10 with a glitched Omnitrix stuck to his wrist.

Just be patient, I’ve always heard that good things come to those who wait. :) 

2 hours ago, LitulLola said:

I'm not sure why it would take more than 2 weeks. They've only changed the recipes for Wickerbottom  during her entire rework. I guess they did limit her bees too

To be fair they did just drop two new items in the beta yesterday so I assume the beta will be pushed another week for bug testing and there's still a possibility of more Wickerbottom tweaks before things go live.

5 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

To be fair they did just drop two new items in the beta yesterday so I assume the beta will be pushed another week for bug testing and there's still a possibility of more Wickerbottom tweaks before things go live.

This. I don’t even mind waiting because I like the direction they’re going in. I took a very long hiatus away from DST and coming back to it recently has been really refreshing to say the least.

Archived