I dont wanna set the hype train rolling buuuuut

5 hours ago, Auth said:

It truly was a rager last night. Just look.

JoeWpartylamp.png.b5c13f08daddb85ffbf886e36c9231bf.png

i thought it was a rice farmer hat

6 hours ago, Parusoid said:

They gonna add book meter cuz people complained she is boring and lacks core mechanic (i hope they wont)

do it for the meme klei

24 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I guess they did cook up something major!

A major disappointment :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Based on the comments of people salty because Wortox is getting more lime light on Wickers very own show :lol:

they give wicker more books, is good refresh!

2 minutes ago, h2mk said:

i thought it was a rice farmer hat

It’s actually a lamp, Mr JoeW is trying to hide but his signature smoking pipe will probably give him away.. lamps usually don’t smoke unless they’re about to catch fire.

I was hoping for some Wicker changes in this update but maybe they’ll do those Thursday.

Can someone briefly list out all the "agreed upon" changes from players for wicker?

There's a ton of feedback for sure but lots of it is open ended. The most common being - wicker should get something beyond just books. Then the poster postulates some potential additions to wicker aside from books. How is Klei supposed to implement feedback like this in a hotfix. It wants community feedback. This is literally individual feedback followed by an indecisive discussion in the thread. There's a very low chance that Klei will make changes based on the recommendation of 1 person. Again, a lot of the discussions I see on the beta forum lack consensus. It's really hard to make changes when there is no consensus. 

Anyways, I ask for a simple list of "agreed upon" changes. This list is lacking right now and would help the devs too. Please don't list your own ideas and opinions here. Only ideas that have already been discussed and agreed upon by the majority of people in the community. 

I'll just add that the most common concrete feedback I've seen is that the Overcoming Arachnophobia needs a buff. Giving wormwood a [] bonus through using the horticulture books seemed popular as well. As far as the books' powers themselves, I don't see many people asking for buffs/nerfs to the books themselves. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The OP of this thread even ran a poll on all the books and the majority of people voted "fine as is" for almost all of the books. 

Then you have all the debate about the cost/accessibility of wicker's books. This debate lacks consensus - I doubt anything will change here. Lastly, you have an open ended debate of what else should be added to wicker's rework. This is just all postulations at this point and this stuff will be pretty difficult to implement. 

47 minutes ago, PetulantPansy said:

Anyways, I ask for a simple list of "agreed upon" changes. This list is lacking right now and would help the devs too. Please don't list your own ideas and opinions here. Only ideas that have already been discussed and agreed upon by the majority of people in the community.

The forums arent a war council or anything where we walk away at the end of the day with unanimously agreed upon strategies :lol: Everyone just flaps their gums and shares their own opinion like always. Klei can pick up on the stuff they find compelling without needing an unanimous proposal from the players i think. 

the most concrete stuff id say are: 

not enough distinction between the two Horticulture books: make Expanded fully grow banana/stonefruit in 1 read. Perhaps Wormwood blooming interaction with it too, and increase in number of plants effected to  like 18 (or 20) so it matches two 3x3 farm plots instead of 15. The abridged version can grow more plants than the upgraded version currently. 

The Lux books have this issue too to a smaller degree. But a longer duration is perhaps enough of an upgrade for an effect like this. 

Make the End is Nigh more useful. Somehow.. 

buff area and duration of Overcoming Arachnophobia.

And then theres the more broader issue of uninteresting/simple recipes/lack of progression because it. 

Like Apiculture, the nerf from this patch limiting it to only 9 bees at a time seems too few. When a better nerf imo wouldve been to make it require a BQ drop like royal jelly and then increase the max number of bees. It summons BQ minions, its appropriate for it to require a BQ drop, instead of mundane honey and stingers. 

The Grimoire recipe is also too simple. Not having it in the celestial tab is a shame imo. Her examination quote for it tells us she got the knowledge for it from archives but connecting it to that area is more complicated depending on when they want the player to get acces to this book. It should also not permanently change the lunar cycle. 

Maxwell should also spawn nightmares when reading wicker books at 0 sanity. Currently he does not which is unfair. 

8 hours ago, Ohan said:

The forums arent a war council or anything where we walk away at the end of the day with unanimously agreed upon strategies :lol: Everyone just flaps their gums and shares their own opinion like always. Klei can pick up on the stuff they find compelling without needing an unanimous proposal from the players i think. 

If half the people want something and the other half doesn't want it (ie. discussion lacks consensus), you can't really blame the dev's for not taking feedback just because you were in the half that didn't get their way. 

19 hours ago, Ohan said:

the most concrete stuff id say are: 

not enough distinction between the two Horticulture books: make Expanded fully grow banana/stonefruit in 1 read. Perhaps Wormwood blooming interaction with it too, and increase in number of plants effected to  like 18 (or 20) so it matches two 3x3 farm plots instead of 15. The abridged version can grow more plants than the upgraded version currently. DONE

The Lux books have this issue too to a smaller degree. But a longer duration is perhaps enough of an upgrade for an effect like this. [Lux Aeterna crafting recipe adjusted]

Make the End is Nigh more useful. Somehow.. [too open ended]

buff area and duration of Overcoming Arachnophobia. DONE

And then theres the more broader issue of uninteresting/simple recipes/lack of progression because it. 

Like Apiculture, the nerf from this patch limiting it to only 9 bees at a time seems too few. When a better nerf imo wouldve been to make it require a BQ drop like royal jelly and then increase the max number of bees. It summons BQ minions, its appropriate for it to require a BQ drop, instead of mundane honey and stingers. DONE

The Grimoire recipe is also too simple. Not having it in the celestial tab is a shame imo. Her examination quote for it tells us she got the knowledge for it from archives but connecting it to that area is more complicated depending on when they want the player to get access to this book. It should also not permanently change the lunar cycle. DONE

Maxwell should also spawn nightmares when reading wicker books at 0 sanity. Currently he does not which is unfair. [Max now has a higher sanity penalty, no extra shadow critters like for wicker yet...]

They addressed pretty much everything in the list provided. Some of the criticism and whiny complaints are seriously unwarranted. 

10 hours ago, PetulantPansy said:

They addressed pretty much everything in the list provided. Some of the criticism and whiny complaints are seriously unwarranted. 

You realize that it got addressed AFTER this person made this post?

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

You realize that it got addressed AFTER this person made this post?

On 7/20/2022 at 2:24 AM, PetulantPansy said:

I literally made the follow up post to show that the dev's were paying attention to feedback received. I guess some people will never be satisfied. 

27 minutes ago, PetulantPansy said:

I literally made the follow up post to show that the dev's were paying attention to feedback received. I guess some people will never be satisfied. 

That's not what you said though:

11 hours ago, PetulantPansy said:

Some of the criticism and whiny complaints are seriously unwarranted. 

Hence why I responded the way I did :<

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

That's not what you said though:

Hence why I responded the way I did :<

.... they are unwarranted. Give the devs some time and a consolidated list and stuff may happen. 

I dunno about you but I'm tired of seeing all the whiny posts like "biggest let down of the century" after 1 hotfix doesn't include changes that they and others wrote about. 

Archived