What if Wanda had a health bar, too?

Hey, I know this kind of sounds mod related, but it's not, too, I think this would be hard to implement for a modder. I want most to share the idea, & see what others think. Anywise, wouldn't it be entertaining if Wanda had a health bar in addition to her time management health? Both take damage,  I mean! It wouldn't match her quotes, thus I'm reminding you that yeah, this really isn't a mod suggestion rather I was thinking about how it would be to play with this integrated. It'd be cool!!! Wanda's health system is awesome, and the normal health system functions greatly by itself, so I think that BOTH would be very cool to play, if a bit controversial to truly introduce into the game, maybe Klei could beta it. Idunno. Sometimes I feel a little *heart break* empty inside collecting spider glands, or whatever playing as Wanda, and though the game can be a bit constringent in gameplay I think that this would possibly serve as something that makes the game more fun rather than just more demanding, in the same way that giving Wanda a "pre-rework Woodie chopping consequence" would be just more demanding.

2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

You can use spider glands to heal other things like bearger and slurtle mounds. 

I personally know that, but if someone else is reading the thread I'm sure they'll be really happy with you. That's not what I'm talking about. I think it'd be fun in and of itself to have a health bar for Wanda, BECAUSE it wouldn't be too difficult to manage that it's annoying, and might introduce a little more thinking into gameplay, I think that'd be fun.

2 hours ago, Vasz_ said:

Her age meter is her health meter, but with a different presentation. If you want 2 meters that work independently from each other then that's just needlessly complicated.

Yeah, here I was thinking Wanda could tank infinite damage and just had to remember to use a watch so she'd never die. :wilsondisagreeable: And I mean, are you sure it's needlessly complicated? Wanda's meter can be pretty easy to understand (though of course she she is more susceptible to damage) and so can your health, I find the prospect of Wanda with a health meter interesting, if you get hit by a hound you could both die to the passage of time or the hound itself during the hound attack, then there might be more to regaining health than the kind of honestly weirdness of just activating your watches and having it all over and done with. That sounds interesting to me! Is it THAT VERY SO dismissible to think that even could make the game a size more fun? 

19 minutes ago, LiamAshvinn001 said:

Why would u have 2 of the same meter though? 

Because they operate differently

You absolutely positively CANNOT get even a single year from health restoring items, (barring technicalities, like resurrection) so managing your health would not hilariously interfere with managing your clock, or result in them both going up.

22 minutes ago, h2mk said:

Because they operate differently

You absolutely positively CANNOT get even a single year from health restoring items, (barring technicalities, like resurrection) so managing your health would not hilariously interfere with managing your clock, or result in them both going up.

But her age is her health? Its intentional. Having another meter just seems unnecessary.

My theory, since I don't think it's ever explained in the official lore, is that part of the deal she made with the shadows was something along the lines of, "I want to never get hurt." And they replied, "Sure, but it'll cost you..."

So, I think that she's actually unable to be physically damaged anymore. Which is why she can't use healing items at all--she doesn't need healing because she's not hurt. Any physical damage she would have taken is magically prevented in exchange for a certain amount of time from her life. That's why she has no health meter, and has the age meter instead. That's my theory, anyway.

46 minutes ago, h2mk said:

Yeah, here I was thinking Wanda could tank infinite damage and just had to remember to use a watch so she'd never die. :wilsondisagreeable: And I mean, are you sure it's needlessly complicated? Wanda's meter can be pretty easy to understand (though of course she she is more susceptible to damage) and so can your health, I find the prospect of Wanda with a health meter interesting, if you get hit by a hound you could both die to the passage of time or the hound itself during the hound attack, then there might be more to regaining health than the kind of honestly weirdness of just activating your watches and having it all over and done with. That sounds interesting to me! Is it THAT VERY SO dismissible to think that even could make the game a size more fun? 

Even Wes can tank infinite damage if you just remember to eat a pierogi every now and then. The problem is that these 2 meters serve the same purpose; I called it needlessly complicated not because it's hard to understand, but because it adds superfluous extra steps to something that's already simple and effective. You'd have to heal twice for every instance of damage. Imagine if every character had 2 health meters that go down at the same time when you get hit, but you can only heal one meter with food and the other with healing items. What's the point?

14 minutes ago, Vasz_ said:

Even Wes can tank infinite damage if you just remember to eat a pierogi every now and then. The problem is that these 2 meters serve the same purpose; I called it needlessly complicated not because it's hard to understand, but because it adds superfluous extra steps to something that's already simple and effective. You'd have to heal twice for every instance of damage. Imagine if every character had 2 health meters that go down at the same time when you get hit, but you can only heal one meter with food and the other with healing items. What's the point?

That only doesn't make sense, while still having a health bar does

I mean... that would make sense.

Realistically, in the dst Universe, Wanda has her arm bit off by a varg and it only results in her hair going gray, while other survivors would be on death's door.

Gameplay wise? No chance of happening 

On 7/17/2022 at 12:43 AM, h2mk said:

That only doesn't make sense, while still having a health bar does

What @Vasz_ said makes 100% sense, because having 2 bars with the same purpose doesn't make sense, while you said it does.

Also, Wanda's watch serves as an infinite use of healing, I don't get the point of having both a health meter AND an age meter, especially if they'll serve the same purpose

On 7/17/2022 at 7:01 AM, Szczuku said:

I mean... that would make sense.

Realistically, in the dst Universe, Wanda has her arm bit off by a varg and it only results in her hair going gray, while other survivors would be on death's door.

Gameplay wise? No chance of happening 

Perhaps the watch just sets her back in time before receiving these injuries?

1 hour ago, _Ellat_ said:

Perhaps the watch just sets her back in time before receiving these injuries?

Good point!

2 hours ago, NightfallsCurse said:

What @Vasz_ said makes 100% sense, because having 2 bars with the same purpose doesn't make sense, while you said it does.

Also, Wanda's watch serves as an infinite use of healing, I don't get the point of having both a health meter AND an age meter, especially if they'll serve the same purpose

Because they'd function on their own, healing with the watch would not heal your normal health, thus giving you these two unique health meters to concern yourself about

Ellat, I'm sure is right about this. But thinking of her ageless watch as something that controls her age and that alone, rather than her physical afflictions aswell. To be honest I still think that this would be a great idea, I stand alone for now but I believe if this was something that people could try it would prove enjoyable, by adding a new aspect to managing damage as Wanda, beyond the two we already have. (armor and her clock) I can't exactly compare this to armour, but I can compare it to perhaps an enjoyment of an armor having durability. Like any damage that penetrates through Wandas defenses will not only affect how much time she has left to live, but also effect her health, and with the different ways to restore your proper health meter in the game, this would ideally function to give a player more of a sense of freedom while playing. But anyway, based on what Ellat said I think that the canon Wanda reverts her whole body, and therefor mind(?) every time she reverses her age back, but perhaps not completely. I find this really deep and enlightening because if she retains some of her memories after setting herself back in time, then in reality she is still getting older, her body and mind more worn and torn down every time she sets herself back. I presume that she might've at some point in the future, set herself back, (or maybe she does it all the time but it's just not a game mechanic) truly like a real time travel thing from the movies, and still partially remembers that, judging by how she apparently almost recalls a bit about things that haven't happened yet. Although that sounds really dark and cool to me, these aspects of her might just be taking longer to revert than the others, and she really will, provided she doesn't screw anything up, live on foreva.

25 minutes ago, h2mk said:

Good point!

Because they'd function on their own, healing with the watch would not heal your normal health, thus giving you these two unique health meters to concern yourself about

Ellat, I'm sure is right about this. But thinking of her ageless watch as something that controls her age and that alone, rather than her physical afflictions aswell. To be honest I still think that this would be a great idea, I stand alone for now but I believe if this was something that people could try it would prove enjoyable, by adding a new aspect to managing damage as Wanda, beyond the two we already have. (armor and her clock) I can't exactly compare this to armour, but I can compare it to perhaps an enjoyment of an armor having durability. Like any damage that penetrates through Wandas defenses will not only affect how much time she has left to live, but also effect her health, and with the different ways to restore your proper health meter in the game, this would ideally function to give a player more of a sense of freedom while playing. But anyway, based on what Ellat said I think that the canon Wanda reverts her whole body, and therefor mind(?) every time she reverses her age back, but perhaps not completely. I find this really deep and enlightening because if she retains some of her memories after setting herself back in time, then in reality she is still getting older, her body and mind more worn and torn down every time she sets herself back. I presume that she might've at some point in the future, set herself back, truly like a real time travel thing from the movies, and still partially remembers that, judging by how she apparently almost recalls a bit about things that haven't happened yet. Although that sounds really dark and cool to me, these aspects of her might just be taking longer to revert than the others, and she really will, provided she doesn't screw anything up, live on foreva.

Maybe everything she sees before going back in time is kind of a haze. She remembers some things from the future and other things she forgets. Perhaps something like remembering a dream where you get the gist but not the details. A weird feeling of deja vu.

But I do see your point adding a health bar would make wanda not really that easy anymore. Because right now people just stack up on ageless watches and tank everything with night armor on. On the other hand you would need to think about your health as well as age and making more than 1 ageless watch would be not required anymore. On top of that you wouldn't have any way to make yourself age faster by receiving damage.

how wanda tank with armour ? if she get more damage it cancel the watch 
anychar can tank while munching pierogi or use healing item like jelly and hold f but wanda need to kite when using the watch .
i get weird feeling seeing these comments .. have u really play with wanda yet? :spidercowers:
also i dont get why wanda need health meter when both end of bar result death .. i usually just burn the gland or just feed it to lureplant 
or use it for teltale heart  even just for decoration 

unknown.png

38 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

anychar can tank while munching pierogi or use healing item like jelly and hold f but wanda need to kite when using the watch .

While you can't quite tank as Wanda, I think what he means is Wanda can take a lot of damage starting as maybe in her 20s provided you have protection, and recover very easily after combat, so you can kind of tank, and there might be considerably less punishment for doing so. A good example is ancient gaurdian, where you can lose his aggro and have ample time to reset your watches, or just use them while he's knocked over.

53 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

i get weird feeling seeing these comments .. have u really play with wanda yet? :spidercowers:
also i dont get why wanda need health meter when both end of bar result death .. i usually just burn the gland or just feed it to lureplant 
or use it for teltale heart  even just for decoration 

unknown.png

1.Wanda can tank with armour I literally tanked df as wanda not so long ago

2.Ageless watch action isn't cancelled when you receive too much damage you can use it when the mob you are fighting is not attacking at that moment and only dot effects such as hunger and burning cancel ageless watch effect

3.If you don't know these things so why do you act like you do and think that i didn't play that specific character?

22 minutes ago, h2mk said:

While you can't quite tank as Wanda, I think what he means is Wanda can take a lot of damage starting as maybe in her 20s provided you have protection, and recover very easily after combat, so you can kind of tank, and there might be considerably less punishment for doing so. A good example is ancient gaurdian, where you can lose his aggro and have ample time to reset your watches, or just use them while he's knocked over.

Like said above yes you can tank as wanda not sure why you guys would think she cannot. Shadow armor and ageless watch spam is all you need and not even that many are needed.

6 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

Like said above yes you can tank as wanda not sure why you guys would think she cannot. Shadow armor and ageless watch spam is all you need and not even that many are needed.

I wouldn't know /: just took their word for it

2 minutes ago, h2mk said:

I wouldn't know /: just took their word for it

Tbh these 2 comments made me doubt myself so before responding I tried killing dragonfly with plenty of night armors ageless watches and the clock and df didint deal more than 2 dmg...

16 hours ago, _Ellat_ said:

2.Ageless watch action isn't cancelled when you receive too much damage you can use it when the mob you are fighting is not attacking at that moment and only dot effects such as hunger and burning cancel ageless watch effect

any kind of damage is canceling regeneration process :/. when u use watch and clock going back if u take damage it stop the clock from going counter clockwise 
i guess u use wall cheese or tanking with some other people tanking for u when u heal . so basically she cant tank and heal like other char that can tank while munching pierogi 

16 hours ago, _Ellat_ said:

3.If you don't know these things so why do you act like you do and think that i didn't play that specific character?

right back at u .

23 minutes ago, prettynuggets said:

any kind of damage is canceling regeneration process :/. when u use watch and clock going back if u take damage it stop the clock from going counter clockwise 
i guess u use wall cheese or tanking with some other people tanking for u when u heal . so basically she cant tank and heal like other char that can tank while munching pierogi 

right back at u .

Do you eat for health right when a boss is about to hit you? And no I did it solo not sure what you're talking about. Besides df is not the only boss/mob that exists and not everything is tankable but wanda can tank anything that other characters can. And yes I used walls why wouldn't I? Which doesn't change the fact that wanda can still tank dragonfly.

surely pierogi heal player instantly while wanda heal 8 years in about 2-3 sec that can be cancelled if she take damage and stood still when animation going .
if ya heal when df walking around spawning larva and u stay behind wall i guess u can tank df just like any farmed char with op armor 

if u still tanking with bunch of night armor with 20 yo wanda isnt it cheaper just tank with wigfrid with darksword ? what a waste of resources

wanda is advanced glass cannon gameplay especially while u got provided with awesome stuff like backstep watch 

:wilson_curious: so cute :wilsontea:
what i read is the problem is not wanda but 95% armour protection u use that make u able to tank 

Well she doesn't receive the same amount of damage as other characters she he has only 60 hp but she receives less damage so adding dark armor on top of that makes her pretty tanky. You can tank with her even when she's old and i just heal between dragonflys attacks. And pierogi eating animation can be canceled by enemys attack just like wandas healing. A waste of resources? Most likely but doesn't change the fact she can still tank just like any other character.

Archived