What do you think of the current state of DST?

3 minutes ago, PetulantPansy said:

The skins are just cosmetics and I'd wager that the vast majority of the player base doesn't buy skins each update..... :/ 

Free content updates is one of the biggest draws of DST imo....

sure, they release updates because they want to make us happy and not because they need to eat

doesnt matter how much people buy the skins aslong as the can engange enough people that buy a lot of them

22 minutes ago, PetulantPansy said:

The skins are just cosmetics and I'd wager that the vast majority of the player base doesn't buy skins each update..... :/ 

Free content updates is one of the biggest draws of DST imo....

Actually it’s quite simple, if Klei puts out an update I like, I support them by buying a skin or two- but I am most certainly not rich, I don’t even have running hot water in my house and I can’t afford repairs to the plumbing so to take a bath I have to boil hot water on my stove and then scoop it out by hand, but I’ve lived in far worse conditions and this is the best I’ve had in awhile- I make do with what I have and WHEN I can afford to support Klei through buying something I try to do so even if I can’t afford those more expensive skin collections. I like to think that every tiny bit of support helps. However- the type of game that DST is would be more in line with Fortnite or Rogue Company, or GTA Online or Marvels Avengers you CAN invest money into them if you want to progress faster or you can just play a lot and earn what you want without investing a single penny into it past the entry price.

I don’t think Klei is in desperate need for money, but if they wanted to: I’m sure I could manage a 1$ subscription per month IF that meant in return I’d get bigger better updates.

Im sure they would tell us if they were no longer able to support updates to the game. But I’m pretty sure we’ve barely scratched the surface when they tease that they want to knock out the remaining character reworks before moving on to more substantial content updates sometime mid 2023- the huge Nerfing to Moon Quay Survival content has me more then worried and deeply concerned for the franchises future..

And I really would like an official response from the Klei devs as to exactly what type of game DS/DST is intended to be.. Just when I think it’s a survival game they nerf or even straight up out right remove the survival content

(yes I’m one of the few people who still miss disease as a world ending mechanic)

Once THEY figure out what type of game and direction they want to take the DS franchise in hopefully they’ll inform their fans because a lot of us are really confused as to what they want their game to be.

That said: All of the hardwork they’ve put into every single update since 2019s start of Return of Them has been great- new biomes, new mobs, new resources, much needed QoLs- brand new exciting reworks it literally turned DST from being just DS+ Multiplayer into its own full fledged Sequel. 

the TL:DR- the journey with the DS franchise has been nothing short of Epic.

I play this since beta and It still can't stop to amaze me every time. Only thing I don't like is that they nerfed the poor deerclops (i loved how he was lethal to new player cuz of the aoe dmg behind his back) and late game hound waves. Also with new farming system and biomes the "don't starve" part is a little too easy, but i still love the atmosphere, the art, the mechanics, and most of the bosses design. So yea, still one of the best game ever in my humble opinion.

On 7/12/2022 at 4:47 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I hear ALOT of people complaining about Moon Quay pirates were too difficult: and I as a solo player simply would bell bond a Beefalo, mount their saddle and board them onto my boat

The mistake is that people fight them by melee or without a pan flute. You don't technically have to fight them when you can just cannonball them to death.

Archived