i'm not sure if it's a bug or it's just the way it is

anyway, don't really care if it's a bug or not, it's frustrating if that's the way it is.

so, i'm only interested in the hat which that big monkey wear, so i bribe five pigman and wait for a raid on a boat near coast, and after i kill them at a very high cost, even with five pigman, i went to the x place, and dig it out, only to find a lot of cutless, and those things that small monkey wear, a ton of them! maybe those hats are a bit useful, but what am i to do with all those cutless? i can't burn them, they are useless, imo. 

and most frustrating of all is that, there is no blueprint! that's what i came for! and if it's a bug, it really angers me. the minute i saw all those swords and hats i was utterly confused, and when i clear all those rubbish away, and found out there is not a single blueprint, i am simply angry, ahhhh , wtf, i was wondering. i never should've try something new in this game that is not fully balanced or fixed, bcs you sometimes don't get what you expected for, i know it sounds stupid, but that's one important reason i play games, so, ummm, i don't know what to say.

but don't get me wrong, i love klei, although the artstyle of many things and creatures after the update of fuelweaver i don't like, but, i guess that's just something you expect from a game that's been there for so long, they change, and the fact i don't like that change, maybe it's they are not doing their best, or maybe it's bcs i like a particular artstyle, i'm sure somebody will like it, but it's not gonna be me. 

anyway, i've said too much. it's a good game, the longest i've played for actually, i guess you can never be fully satisfied with something that is created by others, even your own creation needs a lot of time and change, and in the end it still might not satisfy you.

14 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

You can burn them from what i recall

no, i tried, i held a torch in my hand, and try to right click to burn it, and i couldn't.

and i know there are something that is burnable but can't be light by torch, so i even put all of them in one place, the hats and the swords, drop a log, and light the log, but they still don't burn :(

Just now, Primalflower said:

you can burn them with a fire pit

!!   thanks! i never thought about that! but unfortunately i have enough fuel from my befaloo and all the rot on the ground that i collect

Had the same situation today, though there are some strange stuffs:

_I have never met a monkey raid and yet I found a X marks the spot

_A ton of Cutless and Bandanas, and some of them don't have 100% durability, like they have been used?

In fact the amount of cutless/bandana is so much that the game lags for a while.

7 hours ago, Spino43 said:

Had the same situation today, though there are some strange stuffs:

_A ton of Cutless and Bandanas, and some of them don't have 100% durability, like they have been used?

In fact the amount of cutless/bandana is so much that the game lags for a while.

i hope it's a bug, that's way too many cutless and bandana

9 hours ago, Summ4r said:

ok, but are all those hats and swords a bug? or that's just how it is

If you kill a pirate raid or monkeys on the island, the stuff they steal gets stored into the pirate stash. If you kill the raid on the boat and the boat despawns and you didn't collext the stuff, all the hats and cutlesses will end up in the loot stash.

You'd have to show a picture to see if it's too many though.

9 hours ago, Spino43 said:

You don't need a monkey raid to see the X-mark. The map the prime mate drops just reveals where the stash already is on the map. I think either the x-mark is already generated when making a world or is generated once a powder monkey steals something, I don't remembwr, but I think it's the latter 

10 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

I think either the x-mark is already generated when making a world or is generated once a powder monkey steals something, I don't remembwr, but I think it's the latter 

I can confirm that the Pirate Stash does not spawn right away when the world is generated. (I tried a c_gonext on a freshly made world and it did nothing.)

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

If you kill a pirate raid or monkeys on the island, the stuff they steal gets stored into the pirate stash. If you kill the raid on the boat and the boat despawns and you didn't collext the stuff, all the hats and cutlesses will end up in the loot stash.

You'd have to show a picture to see if it's too many though.

You don't need a monkey raid to see the X-mark. The map the prime mate drops just reveals where the stash already is on the map. I think either the x-mark is already generated when making a world or is generated once a powder monkey steals something, I don't remembwr, but I think it's the latter 

definitely not dropped by those powder monke i killed, besides i gathered those, seems to me all those cutless and bandana just come out of no where

This is definitely a bug, when a powder monkey with cutless and bandana returns to their hut, the cutless and bandana it carries will count toward the loot list. That's why you get so many cutless and bandana when you dig up the X mark.

24 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

This is definitely a bug, when a powder monkey with cutless and bandana returns to their hut, the cutless and bandana it carries will count toward the loot list.

That must have been a side-effect of this bugfix then lmao

40 minutes ago, Spino43 said:

is it just me or is the pirate raid chance really low? And does giving the queen bananas stop raids from happening?

The chances was changed when the beta went to main branch. I haven't had the chance to play to test how the new rates feel, but these are the rates thanks to Scypham's post (this is also the rate past day 80, as the time between raids get shorter as time goes on):

• Within 75 tiles of the Monkey Queen: 20% chance every 1.25-6.25 minutes to get a raid.
  • Within 150 tiles: 10% chance every 2.5-12.5 minutes to get a raid.
  • Within 200 tiles: 10% chance every 5-25 minutes to get a raid.

As for the queen and raids, as far as I can tell, no, they don't stop raids from happening, they just stop monkeys on the island from stealing from you for 4 minutes.

• Developer

When monkeys steal things and escape (sail away or go into their huts) they will stash what they have stolen. If you kill a monkey, it drops stuff, the other monkeys will steal it and stash it. The stash isn't specifically giving you a bunch of cutless and hats, it's giving you what was stolen. There's also a little bit of extra stuff thrown in.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

The stash isn't specifically giving you a bunch of cutless and hats, it's giving you what was stolen.

It should be mentioned the monkey's stash their own naturally spawned items though, causing them to stash their own bandana and cutless. Which repeats every time they come out with a bandana and cutless, and go home, causing an insane abundance of cutless's and bandanas to pile up in the stash. (I've seen people get over 200 cutlesses when digging up a stash)

I believe the intended behavior is for the natural bandanas and cutless's they spawn with are supposed to be removed when trying to be stashed as they have the 'personal_possession' tag, but DropItem is called when trying to stash the equipped items of a monkey which removes that tag even if the monkey's equipped items were naturally spawned and equipped on the monkey. Is this not intended?

• Developer
1 hour ago, Hornete said:

It should be mentioned the monkey's stash their own naturally spawned items though, causing them to stash their own bandana and cutless. Which repeats every time they come out with a bandana and cutless, and go home, causing an insane abundance of cutless's and bandanas to pile up in the stash. (I've seen people get over 200 cutlesses when digging up a stash)

I believe the intended behavior is for the natural bandanas and cutless's they spawn with are supposed to be removed when trying to be stashed as they have the 'personal_possession' tag, but DropItem is called when trying to stash the equipped items of a monkey which removes that tag even if the monkey's equipped items were naturally spawned and equipped on the monkey. Is this not intended?

Ya. It does look like this is happening. We'll fix that.

Archived