Will the Funko Pop skins be re-distributed some other way?

With the discontinuation of the Don't Starve Funko Pops, we now have our first 4 tradable rare skins. From my experience in Runescape, tradable rares have never ended well. Players ended up hoarding them and dominating the market, charging outrageous prices for these tradable rares.

I'm just wondering if there are any plans to re-introduce these skins via drops or weaving them so this doesn't happen. Discontinued Don't Starve Funko Pops are already rising sharply, and there will eventually be no codes left to generate new skins.

Yes, I supported the idea, there should be another way to get them. Also they could be purchased in the shop with a chest that includes the 4 skins.
I would really like to have the mourning veil skin to complete the wendy's outfit but paying 35 dollars or more in the market for a single skin is too much for me (And the price is getting higher and higher). Putting them in the shop, would be a good idea. I think many people would be happy to buy them.

13 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Any reason why the DS funkos were discontinued? I was really hoping for a new set of characters. Mostly a WX-78 Funko.

Not up to Klei. It's decisions on Funko side, and who knows what goes on in there.

I would love for these skins to go into the rewards store, even if they cost A LOT of points. As well as the "proof of purchase" skins that are impossible to be acquired by people from some countries. The exchange rate and delivery to my country makes it impossible to buy those plushies. :wilson_cry:

I don't know if I agree with that. The proof of purchase type skins are just that a "proof of purchase". Same goes with the Mini-monument skin and the pirate birdcage too. I think this rings truer with the Funko pop skins since those were limited run and I'm sure it was enticing to buy for the exclusivity.

I never saw anything in the official marketing for the Funko pops suggesting that they would be limited edition (unlike the color variations of the mob plushies, like the pink crabbit), and I wasn't familiar enough with Funko's habit of discontinuing figurines after the first run to predict that that would happen. I just thought the skins were neat and the little plastic survivors would look cute on my desk, I didn't buy them with the expectation that it was an exclusive once-they're-gone-they're-gone thing. Probably a lot of people had the same mindset I did.

I think it makes sense for them to stay as rewards for buying merch, but I'd be in favor of attaching them to new merch in the future to keep them somewhat obtainable instead of there being ever fewer on the market and the few remaining ballooning to prices almost no one can afford. Especially since they're unravelable.

7 hours ago, hhh2 said:

I don't know if I agree with that. The proof of purchase type skins are just that a "proof of purchase". Same goes with the Mini-monument skin and the pirate birdcage too. I think this rings truer with the Funko pop skins since those were limited run and I'm sure it was enticing to buy for the exclusivity.

What I'm saying is that many of us would love to buy some plushies, but it's really unaffordable. Literally, there is no put option for my country, as if it weren't enough for the value to be five times higher when converted to my currency. Btw, as I said, not even the option is available. So, I would love to have a Deerclops and Chester skin for the backpack, even if it was of a different quality.

38 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

Я хочу сказать, что многие из нас хотели бы купить плюшевых игрушек, но это действительно не по карману. Буквально, для моей страны нет опциона пут, как будто этого недостаточно, чтобы стоимость была в пять раз выше при конвертации в мою валюту. Кстати, как я уже сказал, даже опция недоступна. Итак, я бы хотел иметь скин Deerclops и Chester для рюкзака, даже если бы он был другого качества.

+

Archived