I know this prob sounds stupid to most of you but could you please tell me what all the reactions/emogis mean? Like I thought the sanity one was big brain idea but I was thinking the other day what if it ment omg your post is seriously lowering/testing my sanity. I don't want to leave the wrong one's on ppls posts. Thank you for any help

I think it’s up to context. For example Sometimes I consider the heart reaction like “I love this” and sometimes like “that is cute/sweet”. Or the wavey hands for that’s dark/creepy or just because the topic was about nightmare creatures or Maxwell.

Dunno, maybe it’s just me.

24 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think it’s up to context. For example Sometimes I consider the heart reaction like “I love this” and sometimes like “that is cute/sweet”. Or the wavey hands for that’s dark/creepy or just because the topic was about nightmare creatures or Maxwell.

Dunno, maybe it’s just me.

Thank you, I had no clue what the wavy hands ment. The one's I'm confused on are shopcat, potato cup, happy hazard, ninja, spools, hunger, wavey and sanity. I haven't participated in the forums for very long

First 4 are pretty straightforward in meaning and benign. Rest are ambiguous on purpose I reckon, akin to KLei's games they represent - up to personal interpretation or left to their own mystery. From what I remember JoeW opted for this ambiguity change after certain people from long ago used the "Confused" emoji as a sort of "thumb-down"/derogatory down-vote (at that time there were solely "Like, Thanks, Laughing/Haha, Crying/Sad & Confused"). Also JoeW mentioned at said date if another emoji will gain traction as "negative reaction", he will remove it too.

31 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

Thank you, I had no clue what the wavy hands ment. The one's I'm confused on are shopcat, potato cup, happy hazard, ninja, spools, hunger, wavey and sanity. I haven't participated in the forums for very long

image.thumb.png.956de82074f11870a4f56e8a2d99701b.pngshopcat.pngMike Wazowski Meme" by debracornell97 | Redbubble

This is what shopcat is

I have no idea either, so I just share what made up for some of them:

• health: helpful, lovely, like×2
  • sanity: smart idea, why didn't I think of that
  • wavey: sneaky, "evil"
  • big upds: couldn't agree more, like×3
  • spools: great skin idea, or something else i would spend my spools on
  • sad dupe: sad×2
  • ninja: fast and efficient (bugfix, farm, etc)
  • potato cup: mEmEz

And the rest:

• shopcat: not a single clue... not even google or Lizardhiney's post above could help me understand it
  • happy hazard: haven't thought of anything yet

4 minutes ago, Lizardhiney said:

image.thumb.png.956de82074f11870a4f56e8a2d99701b.pngshopcat.pngMike Wazowski Meme" by debracornell97 | Redbubble

This is what shopcat is

There was a debate when these new emojis were added about the Shop Cat meaning. People versed into Invisible, Inc. lore came to different conclusions. "Snarky excellence" was one of them I believe. Game dates back to 2015 while the "Mr. Incredible Becoming Uncanny" meme was generated in mid-late 2021 (from "Traumatized Mr. Incredible" previous incarnation). Yes, it might seem to have the same "energy", yet purely coincidental.

1 minute ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

There was a debate when these new emojis were added about the Shop Cat meaning. People versed into Invisible, Inc. lore came to different conclusions. "Snarky excellence" was one of them I believe. Game dates back to 2015 while the "Mr. Incredible Becoming Uncanny" meme was generated in mid-late 2021 (from "Traumatized Mr. Incredible" previous incarnation). Yes, it might seem to have the same "energy", yet purely coincidental.

I'm talking about the emoji, not the game

image.png.8b88dc23e4c5167b8d20ad94d8fc8a73.pnggl_good.png

GLhappy translation above

Potato cup is just potato cup

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

First 4 are pretty straightforward in meaning and benign.

What does happy hazard mean?

Edit: I just realized by first 4 you probably meant first 3 and counted the normal like with them too.

35 minutes ago, HellHeater said:

i have always used big ups for "sorry bro i wish i could help" kinda stuff i never thought them as like

It does look like "my heart's with you bro" a little bit, but since it is called "Big ups" how come you not thought of it as a big like?

I use potato cup as a ironic trophy.

1 hour ago, vorti said:
  • shopcat: not a single clue... not even google or Lizardhiney's post above could help me understand it
  • happy hazard: haven't thought of anything yet

shopcat to me is shopcat. it can mean many things
Happy hazard to me is "I smiled at this"

then its the GlHappy which to me is this post is happy/makes me happy/is neat

4 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

From what I remember JoeW opted for this ambiguity change after certain people from long ago used the "Confused" emoji as a sort of "thumb-down"/derogatory down-vote (at that time there were solely "Like, Thanks, Laughing/Haha, Crying/Sad & Confused"). Also JoeW mentioned at said date if another emoji will gain traction as "negative reaction", he will remove it too.

that was such a stupid decision. you can't even be negative about something to not get you suppressed.

3 hours ago, Duck986 said:

that was such a stupid decision. you can't even be negative about something to not get you suppressed.

I don't know about that; to me it looked like a decision meant to minimize potential dissent and/or discord between people (recurrently posting here) on the long-run, keeping forums' atmosphere at least neutral - as per certain moderators desires (expressed in past). In the end is their website, they (KLei) should do as they please - we're only but guests, meant to respect "the house's rules".

Isn’t it obvious? Each emoji means something different for each person using said emoji- and at different times..

When we voted on which Vignettes we wanted added into the game ALL Emoji options counted as a vote, meanwhile fewer or no emojis meant the community did not like that choice.

Lastly what an emoji means to us the forum members doesn’t really matter- it’s what they mean when the games own DEVELOPERS use them that is important.

For Me- ShopCat = the highest most honorable possible emoji I can give to peoples posts, Potato Cups are reserved exclusively for posts that mention Potato’s, Cups.. OR the most used reason: Anytime developer @Nome posts.

(I would use the little gnomes that are in the game instead.. but we don’t have that as a forum emote.)

Devs have reacted to my posts with ShopCat, Potato Cup, Wavey Hand, Ninja, GL Happy, Sanity, and Spools.

I personally think it is fun to use the emotes and try to figure out what each one means per poster when they react to my posts with one.

Ive even seen the devs use THESE funny ones here-

:yaypigs: :juggling::wolfgangstache:

16 hours ago, Duck986 said:

You're not supposed to really argue on the forums

23 hours ago, Duck986 said:

These forums run on discussions, idea's and disagreements (ppl disagree on these posts every day). You just can't do it a disrespectful way. We are all adults here and we're supposed to act like them. There is no reason to be disrespectful. Some of the best solutions and idea's come from disagreements, if done with respect and an open mind. 

I want to thank you all for helping me out! I have a better understanding now and won't overanalyze them! lol

Go enjoy being a pirate! My dreams have been answered (I have a massive tattoo of pirate ship on my upper back)

Archived