a message to klei

Genuinely though, we're three days till the update and pirate raids are still ridiculous. They really conflict with the ocean's usual fast and loose gameplay, and they damn all Walters to hell, not to mention just low damage characters. Can something please be done about this?

42 minutes ago, meow meow meow said:

Genuinely though, we're three days till the update and pirate raids are still ridiculous. They really conflict with the ocean's usual fast and loose gameplay, and they damn all Walters to hell, not to mention just low damage characters. Can something please be done about this?

That's a bit superfluous imo. 

I'm more concerned that tanking is mostly resource sink and nothing else, especially for solo players. Though hardly as impossible as you claim it to be.

I prefer to be allowed to kite where ever possible. Klei also did allow us a chance to scare them away with cannons. 

It looks like we're gonna need some extra updates post beta to have them to tune things right, I haven't yet started a new world to experience them on the long run in total fairness, but tested out the best I can and observed the overall reactions here, so it's weird to see it being the last thing to be addressed in a week. Would be a great surprise to see it getting patched perfectly in the next hotfix, if they can nail it based on the suggestions + the other things like nautopilot tweaks and more we saw requested along, then the update will be a glorious one. It's only a solid start for now but I hope that won't dramatically stop getting better...

Since Klei hasn't already nerfed them out of existence because of all the community concern, has me wondering if there is a REASON for this? This is a setting the stage update. Maybe there is help on the way? I've noticed that the pirate flag we can craft is different from the one the monkey raids fly. Will there be a mob that flys our flag that will help us in the war against the pirate scourge? Maybe we should put some trust into the devs as they have never made things impossible to overcome. I like the fact that you can bribe them with a banana and they will beat feet with no harm caused, so this may be a way to deal with them as of right now if your struggling?

I agree that there needs to be a meaningful cool down and some adjustments or a rethink to the stun lock situation. Maybe 3 to 4 monkey's if your solo. But I'm really starting to think that there is a real reason they are staying as is so far. I dunno...

10 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

Since Klei hasn't already nerfed them out of existence because of all the community concern, has me wondering if there is a REASON for this?

I've particpated in almost every beta since the forge.

I cam say with confidence that thos beta has been the most buggiest of them all. Last week has been all about fixing bugs along with some changes here and there and we just got back from the weekend, which Klei employees have off normally.

So it's best to wait a little bit at least.

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I want them to release the content to the main branch (including for Xbox/PlayStation) so I can experience it before further tweaks/Nerfing happens.

I see your point Mike, however it is easier to manage game updates on computer platforms.
It might help to get a computer, even if it'd be a mediocre one (by today's standards).

If they nerf the raids themselves I hope eventually (maybe after the beta is live) they add stronger pirate raids in the late game, like pirate boats with cannons and bumpers.

Monkeys already have the technology of cannons and know how to shoot from the island anyway so it would make sense. 

In any way, the raids are chaotic and hillarious, Every time they appear I’m laughing half of the fight, I really hope we don’t lose that.

Archived