Jump to content

Best uses for nautopilot?


Recommended Posts

I really wanna make a boat train with them but they're.... not all great for it. They have a constant speed and so I wish they slowed down when reaching the boat with the receiver beacon on it. I get constant leaks trying to do it, we haven't seen any magnet improvements so far which worries me just a tiny bit, I'm really hoping we'll get some improvements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

I really wanna make a boat train with them but they're.... not all great for it. They have a constant speed and so I wish they slowed down when reaching the boat with the receiver beacon on it. I get constant leaks trying to do it, we haven't seen any magnet improvements so far which worries me just a tiny bit, I'm really hoping we'll get some improvements.

i wonder if multiple magnets built on a same boat would increase its speed or not

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, NNOUS said:

i wonder if multiple magnets built on a same boat would increase its speed or not

They do but you'll need a Beacon for each Magnet because they only connect to one Beacon at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hornete said:

I really wanna make a boat train with them but they're.... not all great for it. They have a constant speed and so I wish they slowed down when reaching the boat with the receiver beacon on it. I get constant leaks trying to do it, we haven't seen any magnet improvements so far which worries me just a tiny bit, I'm really hoping we'll get some improvements.

Had the same problem when testing them. Really hope they get some improvements there. Otherwise I'm afraid they are another cool idea that just has no use in the game after people tested it once. 

This update brings a ton of new features and items and I think it is really important to balance them correctly, so all of them can have a use later in the game. Otherwise it would be lost potential. And I think canons, bumpers and magnets are not quiet there right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, goatt said:

Could be used as parking valet

I dont know if this could be too much to ask but would be intresting if those magnets can switch direction thus cause them go opppsite direction.

so we could have a magnetic bumper to stop boat collided to docks, etc.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NNOUS said:

I dont know if this could be too much to ask but would be intresting if those magnets can switch direction thus cause them go opppsite direction.

so we could have a magnetic bumper to stop boat collided to docks, etc.

 

For parking, just lower the anchor and activate the magnets, and bring the magnet back to dock (land).

Collision is a problem now because people try to make pilot-less boats have some sort of "switch off" or "switch to repelling" function, which is not possible. If you are actually on the boat and your boat is the only boat, there are several ways to prevent bumping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

right now the magnet isnt strong enough to just keep two boats together as to just make a massive moving boat and i imagine thats expected

it will open the discussion for a boat bond of some kind that attach a boat to another and makes them move together at the cost of speed

the other possible option is just to make a more expensive boat recipe that be a twice as big boat or even three times as big for boat bases that can be floated around

another option is making magnets so slow that they cant cause collision damage but that might ruin the boat carousel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NNOUS said:

we could have a magnetic bumper to stop boat collided to docks, etc.

I think that's a great solution to the collision problem ppl are having with the boat chains, when they go to stop! It would be a magnetic bumper just like the seaweed and shell one, that could be placed at the back of the boat. The Magna-Repeller! Lol It could have a weak repeal effect when they come into close proximity to the Nautopilot of the other boat. 

Nice work cohort in crime

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like to put equipment on another boat that I can't fit on my main boat such as a Pinchin' Winch or a variety of Crock Pots and Drying Racks. It's cool because you can have a boat for sailing/fighting, another boat for crafting/storage, and another for cooking/sleeping if you wanted to.

Kinda like the Seatruck from Subnautica: Below Zero. You can essentially get a bigger boat when you link them together. I just wish there were more open space in the ocean so I don't have to deal with so many sea stacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, goatt said:

have some sort of "switch off" or "switch to repelling" function,

adding fuction to the blue one and manually swithing fuction is bit of a macro handwork considering while doing so u still need lowering  anchor / heaving up sail ecc. 

12 hours ago, LitulLola said:

It would be a magnetic bumper just like the seaweed and shell one,

so id agree on this idea but i guess its must be in line with the magnet in dock or even a blue/greenish neutral magnet much like the big red one and work just as a repeller just stop any boat equipped the red magnet in range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NNOUS said:

so id agree on this idea but i guess its must be in line with the magnet in dock or even a blue/greenish neutral magnet much like the big red one and work just as a repeller just stop any boat equipped the red magnet in range.

My bad I thought you were talking about ppls issues with boat collision when creating boat chains. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...