Does the priority for moon quay beach turf feel... too high?

image.png.9993477c46f650a33bdd572f4e22645c.png

Just thinking about this. The turf is simply sand, but unlike pebble beach turf, it goes above stuff like the moon crater turf or the fallen leaves of deciduous turf. Feels a little odd.

Especially with the dirt-like border it has now, this makes moon quay beach turf pretty unruly for building imo.

Moon Quay Beach Turf should probably have same dominance as Sandy Turf even if now is more close to Rocky Beach Turf (and perhaps bump up this one to Sandy Turf priority level too). Still Deciduous Turf would be under. Maybe a re-balance of Turf priority is needed, with Sandy types going under Grassy ones as general rule?!

1 minute ago, meow meow meow said:

You'll need to find the Queen of the Moon Quay and trade with her for the blueprint. Try giving her what you think a monkey would want >:)

oh i found her but havent try to trade for ... is plain banana works?

Also I don't know about you but I'm not the biggest fan of this turf edges, it feels way too muddy and solid for something supposed to be sand, which I really though was going to be a placeholder since it's using the same edges than mud and ruin turfs.

SW had a much better take on it (even if it's the barren turf it still worked the same as for textures) who would wash away only a little more than something with a thick, black outline like this that barely look any HD on top of that.

So yeah I'd really appreciate it being lower right after the barren turf so it's the same effect as SW in term of order, but if it could look prettier on what's over it still afterward... I couldn't ask for much else, that'd be quite pretty.

I felt like it was intended as sand tends to get on top of everything. I was pretty happy with it as we don't have bright high priority turf these days, now it's all the way at the bottom, even no turf has a higher priority than sand, sigh. As @ADM mentioned, a granular border would give this new turf so much more life though.

It seems that Moon Quay turf does not have all the proper animations, and I can’t explain that to well but I’ll try..

If you go to the Oasis Biome and you stand on top of the Oasis lake digging up the grass turf that’s under it, if you place Moon Quay turf in its place the turf is too small and is hidden underneath the lake, HOWEVER if you dig the Moon Quay turf back up and replant the grass it’s size covers the area again, the Sandy Turf found in/around the same biome as the Oasis can be placed as a Substitute for Moon Quay Turf.. but it’s nowhere near as pretty.

Lastly- I am DEEPLY confused why Moon Quay Turf requires Marble in its crafting recipe when Cobblestone turf (the useful turf that actually makes you walk faster..) is so ridiculously cheap to craft…

Moon Quay turf however takes away the marble I could be using on Marble Suits of Armor- this in my opinion is stupid… AND-

Unless I’m missing some really cool secretive perks for Moon Quay turf, does not make much sense to be so costly compared to Cobblestone Turf.

Archived