[Suggestion] Make the Tin Fishin' Bin placeable on docks

Thematically, the tin fishin' bin was only placeable on boats because they were the only location with ocean water for the fishes to stay wet. Now that there are dock tiles which are also thematically over ocean water, the tin fishin' bin should be placeable there as well.

It'd be pretty neat to be able to fish and store fishes directly on your dock.

Also maybe the fire pump? It also could only be placed on a boat because it needs a direct water source, so it would thematically also be able to work on a dock where there's still water directly underneath it.

34 minutes ago, chaosmonkey said:

This makes a lot of sense to me; doesn't break anything since you're already on the water and could have a boat handy, and it opens up some nice building concepts on the docks.

Exactly that! Also the pinchin Winch should work there, so we can plant giant tree nuts in small water areas and destroy the dock later to grow trees there. 

5 minutes ago, lionking102 said:

Exactly that! Also the pinchin Winch should work there, so we can plant giant tree nuts in small water areas and destroy the dock later to grow trees there. 

Totally! I can't think of any boat structures which don't also belong on the dock at this point.

I agree with all of the above, except for the last two, regarding the pinchin' winch. The only thing even remotely practical to use a pinchin' winch on a dock for would be to plant a knobby tree nut (which would then require the destruction of the dock, pinchin' winch and all). If it were meant to be possible, you'd be able to trigger a dock's destruction, quickly drop the nut into the dock, and get away (this doesn't work), and if Klei does decide to make that possible, you wouldn't need the pinchin' winch anyway. Besides, the grass raft already expands your options for planting knobby trees in small ponds and streams.

But yeah, being able to build tin fishin' bins on docks would really be appreciated.

Archived