Jump to content

Griefing Rollback and other Shenanigans


Recommended Posts

There are a few things that Klei could further implement to stop the usual griefing, especially on their own dedicated servers.

1) Klei should also add 2 day rollback option, since if you burn things right before daytime, the rollback is basically rendered useless and the griefers win.

2) If the player gets kicked by community vote, the player should drop all items, even if he has logged out already.

3) It would also be nice if Klei could have a bot similar to Wolly Logger bot to track certain actions.


Edit - 4) Having 2 votes going at the same time (Kick + Rollback), with the process finishing instantly if 50% + 1 of players have voted. Although this is made redundant if 1) is implemented.


Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

#1 is good, #2 is extremely abusable and can already mostly be done right now by rolling back, #3 is already on community servers. 

It's difficult to find servers that aren't modded to death, so most of the protections you'd find on these are missing on Klei's dedicated servers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RetRunt said:

It's difficult to find servers that aren't modded to death, so most of the protections you'd find on these are missing on Klei's dedicated servers.

Filter to dedicated and look for some that aren't modded too much, you can see what mods they have before you join. Then you can keep coming back to those servers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it's hopeless to try and get klei to do even the smallest thing for their dedicated servers because they don't have enough "resources". I've asked many times but always get the same response. What you're essentially playing on is an anarchy server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

it's hopeless to try and get klei to do even the smallest thing for their dedicated servers because they don't have enough "resources". I've asked many times but always get the same response. What you're essentially playing on is an anarchy server.

You do realize they made spawn protection to try to help with griefing your acting like they didn't try and didn't care because your unsatisfied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I've seen you can rollback an infinite number of days, no? On console you can rollback up to five days by doing it from the launch world screen instead of in-game, but in PC I've seen people rollback tens of days at a time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, 321bwa said:

They could add a world option to prevent player made structures from catching on fire, and by default have it toggled on in public servers.

That goes against the idea of the game tho player made structures are supposed to burn if you don't protect them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 321bwa said:

They could add a world option to prevent player made structures from catching on fire, and by default have it toggled on in public servers.

You could not play on Klei official servers if you value your work so highly that you want to ruin core game mechanics just to try to make your structures last a few seconds longer. If they can't burn they'll hammer and even if it magically did somehow stop them the servers you're talking about aren't going to be there tomorrow anyways. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean it would just be an option, you can have it toggled off if you feel like it destroys the core game mechanics, wouldn't affect whatever hosted servers you have.

I mean with most community servers this isn't really an issue because moderation and all that but it would be neat to have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, 321bwa said:

I mean it would just be an option, you can have it toggled off if you feel like it destroys the core game mechanics, wouldn't affect whatever hosted servers you have.

I mean with most community servers this isn't really an issue because moderation and all that but it would be neat to have.

It directly impacts a large amount of players who use those servers your basically asking kiel to remove a game mechanic because you refuse to use community servers which is selfish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

It directly impacts a large amount of players who use those servers your basically asking kiel to remove a game mechanic because you refuse to use community servers which is selfish.

I'm just throwing out an idea, no need to blow it out of the water. If you think the option will be the worst thing imaginable I'll leave it at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2022 at 6:32 PM, SmallBirdHungry said:

From what I've seen you can rollback an infinite number of days, no? On console you can rollback up to five days by doing it from the launch world screen instead of in-game, but in PC I've seen people rollback tens of days at a time.

You cannot do that on Klei's very own dedicated servers. It's unfortunate that they're not really paying attention to what's happening there, especially with the griefing and the lag.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RetRunt said:

It's unfortunate that they're not really paying attention to what's happening there, especially with the griefing and the lag.

No, it is good that Klei spend their time developing DST and their other project instead of catering upset greenhorns on the public servers.

The solution to griefing has always been and will always be to play with people you trust and / or don't get overworked if something doesn't go the your way when playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

No, it is good that Klei spend their time developing DST and their other project instead of catering upset greenhorns on the public servers.

The solution to griefing has always been and will always be to play with people you trust and / or don't get overworked if something doesn't go the your way when playing.

I don't know who these upset greenhorns are that you're talking about, but these are literally their own dedicated servers. What you've said is also ridiculous, as if they have to choose between investing resources into further developing their own game, or ensuring their own dedicated servers are running properly. That's like players being upset that the servers of a random game are having issues, while the art department is not focusing on trying to fix them, instead of wasting time and resources to create more art for the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RetRunt said:

I don't know who these upset greenhorns are that you're talking about, but these are literally their own dedicated servers. What you've said is also ridiculous, as if they have to choose between investing resources into further developing their own game, or ensuring their own dedicated servers are running properly. That's like players being upset that the servers of a random game are having issues, while the art department is not focusing on trying to fix them, instead of wasting time and resources to create more art for the game.

Okay so who is gonna watch over the servers then? A magical genie that works for $0 an hour and also refuses to do anything actually useful? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only way you can make klei do something for their pub servers would be to become a major shareholder at tencent (the chinese company that owns them). Otherwise they really dont care about the state of their servers. I've tried for many months but it seems like noone in these forums care

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Okay so who is gonna watch over the servers then? A magical genie that works for $0 an hour and also refuses to do anything actually useful? 

If you don't have anything useful to say, then don't say anything at all, because it's clear you don't understand what you are saying at all.

 

1 hour ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

The only way you can make klei do something for their pub servers would be to become a major shareholder at tencent (the chinese company that owns them). Otherwise they really dont care about the state of their servers. I've tried for many months but it seems like noone in these forums care

Yes, it is unfortunate, because they could make it much more fun to play on their own dedicated servers, and that's what it comes down to at the end of the day. It would take minimal effort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

klei don't want to force people to play in a """correct way""" neither hire people to act as cyber police which could bring more problems than solutions

pubs were suppose to be a far west chaotic anarchy, acting and taking like angry kids wont change that

atleast they run servers for free. If you dont like them just create your own

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

klei don't want to force people to play in a """correct way""" neither hire people to act as cyber police which could bring more problems than solutions

pubs were suppose to be a far west chaotic anarchy, acting and taking like angry kids wont change that

atleast they run servers for free. If you dont like them just create your own


There should be a way to play without using slurs and just griefing all the time, while ruining the experience for everyone else, which is why most games have certain protections in place, especially in multiplayer settings. It's not about acting as the cyber police, which is obviously ridiculous.

Why are pubs supposed to be a far west chaotic anarchy?

Sure, if Klei makes it simpler to create dedicated servers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RetRunt said:

If you don't have anything useful to say, then don't say anything at all, because it's clear you don't understand what you are saying at all.

So because you don't know the answer to my question you instead deflect with more insults. What a surprise someone complaining about griefing on public servers would be like this.

If I "don't understand what I'm saying" then explain how. I asked a question, answer it. Did you perhaps realize that employees are employees regardless of their role and there is no pre-existing babysit the Klei servers team so everything you said is nonsensical? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

So because you don't know the answer to my question you instead deflect with more insults. What a surprise someone complaining about griefing on public servers would be like this.

If I "don't understand what I'm saying" then explain how. I asked a question, answer it. Did you perhaps realize that employees are employees regardless of their role and there is no pre-existing babysit the Klei servers team so everything you said is nonsensical? 

I'm sorry, but you're the one who came in this thread being aggressive and dismissive towards players' concerns on Klei's own dedicated servers, while posting nonsensical questions and what-ifs. I have nothing more to say to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RetRunt said:

I'm sorry, but you're the one who came in this thread being aggressive and dismissive towards players' concerns on Klei's own dedicated servers, while posting nonsensical questions and what-ifs. I have nothing more to say to you.

So it is the genie then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...