Griefing Rollback and other Shenanigans

12 hours ago, RetRunt said:

There should be a way to play without using slurs and just griefing all the time, while ruining the experience for everyone else, which is why most games have certain protections in place, especially in multiplayer settings. It's not about acting as the cyber police, which is obviously ridiculous.

Why are pubs supposed to be a far west chaotic anarchy?

Sure, if Klei makes it simpler to create dedicated servers.

I understand your pain. You want to have fun on a Klei server and some randoms are ruining your experience. But you also must consider griefing as a playstyle. Since there is no correct way to play the game and enjoy it destroying other people's creations is an acceptable way to play the game to some and Klei would be discriminating against them in order to appease your style of playing.

I to, dislike modded servers and steer away from hosts as they randomly DC without warning, so dedicated servers work best for me. To avoid griefing you must think like a griefer. What are easy targets to destroy? Pig king bases, oasis bases, spawn bases.... Anything you can find within a day of walking around. So you must make it tedious and hard for them to grief you. Live in caves, live on Pearl island, lunar island, boat living. Make tiny camps and hide your important items in awkward places. You have to be clever and I assure you, you will not have any more issues with griefing.

15 hours ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

The only way you can make klei do something for their pub servers would be to become a major shareholder at tencent (the chinese company that owns them). Otherwise they really dont care about the state of their servers. I've tried for many months but it seems like noone in these forums care

Unless I'm missing something pretty sure they already mention tencent wouldn't be able to make decisions like this in their game but even then I'm sitting here wondering how the meeting would go with the other share holders at tencent.

1: "I want us to focus resources on making sure other players don't mess up bases on our free dedicated server with a team to verify reports, handle bans, and ban appeals."

2: "So how does this make us money?"

1: "It doesn't I just think it would be really nice."

2: "..."

14 hours ago, RetRunt said:

Yes, it is unfortunate, because they could make it much more fun to play on their own dedicated servers, and that's what it comes down to at the end of the day. It would take minimal effort.

Explain minimal effort because I can't think of a easy solution aside from Kiel taking the nintendo approach chat fuction removed and Kiel servers deleted.

27 minutes ago, nimzowitsch10 said:

@Mysterious boxThe artistic direction will be handled by klei devs yes but I'm pretty sure tencent can literally do anything they want with their own game because they own it 100%. That request wouldn't even raise any questions, pretty sure they would just do it cause it's easy.

Now unless I'm remembering wrong part of the agreement for being able get the majority share was specifically they couldn't do whatever they wanted. And while it probably wouldn't raise questions for kiel I'm almost 100% certain asking to throw money away into a free service with no returns would infact raise questions at tencent infact I think it would raise all the questions.

21 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Explain minimal effort because I can't think of a easy solution aside from Kiel taking the nintendo approach chat fuction removed and Kiel servers deleted.

The simplest things would be a 2 day rollback option. An event logger similar to Wolly Logger would be obviously extra.

Archived