Should Klei keep focusing on Ocean updates before the next story arc

64 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes, some new biomes and things to do would help
    • No, i would rather them just move on to the new arc

Strictly speaking, Klei could very well make more ocean updates as part of the next arc. But assuming they are seperate as this poll does, I'd say the ocean should take top priority.

While not as bad as it once was, Ocean content still suffers from the severe issue where it exists in a vacuum. Ocean content exists almost soley to... make you better at the ocean. While this makes sense on paper, it also means that if someone doesn't go sailing or doesn't care for sailing, then they're not really missing out on anything. The only things you can get at sea with direct benefit on land are salt boxes and Above-average tree trunks. There are also a lot of food sources out there, but the only ones that really do anything special enough to warrent collecting are Stone Fruit, Kelp, and Barnacles.

Once they finish all the character reworks and sprucing up the ones that are in a bad place, I hope they add side content to arcs that feel unfinished (like they did with Wurt and Wormwood).

I rather not have ocean content as the main focus, but adding content on the side would be perfect

There is 3 setting the stage updates planned for this years roadmap, SETTING THE STAGE FOR THE NEXT ARC…

we have yet to see even the first and we are halfway through the month of May.

I have no idea what a setting the stage update is but after Klei changed and then reverted boat crafting recipes saying they’ll change them in a more appropriate update- I’m willing to bet it’ll involve that.

Something to force people into ocean more often.

My ideas:

Give fishing a better purpose. Right now fishing is good only for getting more baits and Thermal fishes for Wurt (still think their perish time could be buffed to be like pond fishes) Make new crafts out of fishes + other materials: Different weapons, armors, tools. Ocean fish should be worth more fish/meat. Murdering ocean fish should give you not a single meat, but 2-5 (depends on catch weight size). For example: Small fish type will give 2 - 5 small meats, Big fish will give 2 - 5 big meats.

Water platforms to that can be placed on coastal ocean. Made with ocean loot too. I want stable water bases!

Archived