Who do you want Walter to be

Who do you want Walter to be  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want Walter main thing to be

2. 2. Who do you want Walter secondary thing to be

i wish theyde given woby to a dedicated beastmaster survivor. I think there are so many possibilities for that trope in DST. 

Woby could start out meek and cowardly but with some kind of training questline/ progression system turn into an awesome and unique battle mount with unique saddles and other accessories etc

That seems way out of the scope for the character that walter ended up being though sadly 

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

i wish theyde given woby to a dedicated beastmaster survivor. I think there are so many possibilities for that trope in DST. 

Woby could start out meek and cowardly but with some kind of training questline/ progression system turn into an awesome and unique battle mount with unique saddles and other accessories etc

That seems way out of the scope for the character that walter ended up being though sadly 

Tbh considering the current state of woby and how she's mainly just used as a packmule by more experienced players I'd say they may as well still explore that possibility with her.

remove walter's bee allergies, is not like he is going to kill beequeen alone without it anyway

remove his sanity gain from trees around him

increase his stomach to 150, i dont like that meaty stew is such a waste in a "scout"  character

make him able to make maps for others more easily to accentuate his scout nature, cheaper material and no need for the charting table maybe?

make woby not buck walter off when hit but instead run away with walter and refuse to get close to the monster again for a moment, whats the point of giving him a transport when people just keep training a beefalo?

the slinghtshot just shoots too slowly to be useful even at the high cost of the greatest of ammo, in a world where wanda gets to have a permanent weapon that gets fueled with nightmare fuel and deals damage from far away enough, the slingshot just isn't doing it.

reduce his health to 75 or 100 but make it so the translation to sanity damage be less severe, that would make him a fragile but nimble shooter.

just some random ideas

I think he might be better in combat if he could ride woby(faster version of woby, feed monster lasagna to give her glossamer saddle speed) while shooting his slingshot. This would lead to more interesting combat and walter, a ranged character, not being a sitting duck when spamming slingshots.

Walter should have a Woby Meater. (Yes not meter) Woby can consume different Meat for different Abilities. Leafy Meat makes Woby Faster. Regular Big Meat makes Woby a battle mount and she won't buck Walter off anymore. Monster Meat gets us the Woby we know and love however while riding Walter has some heat insulation.

I don't think his slingshot is too slow. I think it can do slightly more damage, and craft extra rounds.

Stone 17 buffed to 20.4 / Gold same 34 / Marble same 51 / Cursed 51 buffed to 68 / Melty Marble 59.5 buffed to 72.25

Poop & Freeze are fine as is, 0 damage utility.

Slowdown rounds should increase damage from 17 to 34 however.

Archived