The smallish chest near ancient pseudoscience station

There is a smallish 6-slot chest near the undamaged pseudoscience station in my cave with the skin of the ancient chest. Is it a feature added after the big QoL ? I didn't notice it before. 

Also, this chest drops things from time to time as if you've hammered it. Is it affected by the nightmare cycle

31 minutes ago, Lyl2333 said:

There is a smallish 6-slot chest near the undamaged pseudoscience station in my cave with the skin of the ancient chest. Is it a feature added after the big QoL ? I didn't notice it before. 

Also, this chest drops things from time to time as if you've hammered it. Is it affected by the nightmare cycle

6 minutes ago, franco116 said:

also is part of the https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Metheus_Puzzles

but you can use it as a regular chest if you only use 5 slots

2 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

We don't talk about chest club.

1 hour ago, DajeKotlyar said:

It's not for your comfort, it's for pain for nothing)

...Did I miss out some sort of grim inner joke? 

5 hours ago, Lyl2333 said:

...Did I miss out some sort of grim inner joke? 

You can get few rare blueprints by filling this chest with rare or hard to obtain staff. And this blueprints is... for ancient relics, like tables, stools, vases from ruins. 

So, 1) “It” is a part of the Metheus puzzle. Makes sense bc I’ve done Cyclum a while ago, Metheus not yet bc my friend’s pc is potato 

2) You can get blueprints for relics by putting rare items inside

3) there’s been some lore or inner joke about “it”  bringing ppl pain therefore (?) unspeakable 

Hmm, I was expecting sth not this complicated but anyway 

Archived