Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wormwood, if any?

Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wormwood, if any?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see changes to Wormwood?

• No, the character is perfect already
    • No, the character is fine as is
    • Yes, but only some QoL changes
    • Yes, some new mechanics would be nice
    • Yes, and I would love to see a full rework
  2. 2. Wormwood changes:

• [QoL] A way to tell how long his bloom lasts
    • [New] Bramble husk activates every x seconds while Wormwood is blooming
    • [New] Bramble husk does more damage while Wormwood is blooming
    • [New] Bramble trap resets when wormwood walks over it in his blooming state
    • [New] An upgraded compost wrap that uses late game materials like moon gleam (that skips a tier of blooming, gives 3 days of blooming, heals 100hp at 5hp/sec)
    • [Balance] Stronger bloom scaling of 10-20-30%, instead of 20% max speed

Can we talk about his neutrality to aggresive plants perk? In hamlet that was pretty good, in DST that's one of his worst perks.

You can probably do some strategies with lureplants, but they are rather niche and most people will never use them, and you can gather from seaweeds safely, but I'd be very interested to know the strategies and train of thought of a Wormwood main who actually uses this more than once every real life year.

Hopefully more dangerous plants will be added in the future, so he can be friends with those. 

38 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Agreed on the first, disagreed on the second.

Yeah that's fine, we can disagree.

In the base game he blooms in a single season per year. In fact, he didn't gain the ability to be blooming 100% of the time in DST until the RWYS update, so it actually seems pretty silly to suggest that a perk that's only worked for 1/4-1/3 of your playtime for half of his existence defines him.

Not everybody plays him as some big time-saver. And I didn't try to tie his whole identity to any one thing; the person doing that is you, sir!

I said it's sad to define him by a few "patches of land" not that it's wrong to define him by a perk. I'd try reading things more carefully.

Regarding playstyle, yeah it's fine, we can disagree.

I don't agree that they're strictly lesser. That was kind of the entire point!

If every perk is important to you, down to the smallest advantage, then... Good for you?

I don't find comparing characters to other characters that are/were horribly balanced very compelling. Characters that have been been reined in in the last six or so months, at that.

That how balance works. Don't become a game developer, please.

We're obviously not all giving you that, though.

That is an utterly terrible strategy for accomplishing things.

Welcome to life, are you new here?

You can't go about your entire life trying to convince everyone. You find like minded people and work together to make a more versatile and stronger idea. That is how I actually came up with my decisions, conversing with others who play the game in a similar style that prioritizes balance and efficiency. Then you make a pitch to devs having found that a good enough portion of the player base agrees with you, as that is important because it means your not bat manure crazy.

Don't join a corporation, please.

A lot of people are convinced of stuff that's just straight-up wrong, so no, it doesn't.

That's actually pretty condescending and arrogant, so everyone you don't agree with is wrong? Maybe you should join politics.

Yes, you do.

Not really. 

You're trying to promote a change by putting his situation up as something it's not.

As something I and others agree with, if you don't agree with it it's ok. It's not "something that is objectively wrong" just because you don't agree with it. All of your arguments so far have been "but I play differently than you" no numbers, no nothing, what exactly is there to argue about?

You did this on a forum, where people... uh, discuss things with each other. If you want someplace where you can put your opinions forth but no one can debate them with you, you're in the wrong place.

I've tried bring up balance using speed modifiers present in the game.

"But I think comparing things isn't compelling"

I bring up how present wormwood blooming is and how it influences his design and the design of other skins.

"But that's not how I see it"

Am I supposed to play this back and forth with you all day or something? You're not debating, you're just telling me I'm wrong because you don't agree with me. That's fine, we're not going to magically agree about it if thats all this conversation is going to be about.

1 hour ago, Faintly Macabre said:

snip

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

snip

Guys, let's try to be civil in debate. There is nothing wrong with disagreement. Just be mindful that the other person we are chatting to is another human being, just like us. :)

Thank you.

There are so many things to explore with him and the new fertilizers. 

Maybe each fertilizer type gives wormwood some kinda buff, like supergrowth gives movespeed, manure gives defense (or whatever stat) and compost gives you attack damage/hp, something like that. Wormwood is a plant so another interesting thing would be maybe he could root himself on the farming turfs to absorb nutrients from the ground, that would make a very good synergy with his ability to get many different type of plants and it would give the plants more funcionality.

Also some people already said that but there is no interaction with him and the moon creatures/plants....

After the WX rework (which was by far the best rework klei has ever done, simply amazing), wormwood feels worse than ever :(

#plzbuffwormwood

I think we should add more mechanics to Wormwood so his character settings can be closely attached to a plant boy from the moon!

1. Photosynthesis

• [Advantage-Version 1] In daylight, he can consume 5 wetness to recover 1 health per 5 seconds.
  • [Advantage-Version 2] In daylight, he can consume 5 hunger to recover 1 health per 5 seconds when he's wet.
  • [Disadvantage] If the wetness exceed 50, he will lose 10% moving speed for each 10 wetness obtained.  (Totally 50% moving speed lost when in 100 wetness. Because sodden wood is too heavy to be moved.)

2. Moon Power

Wormwood comes from the moon but he somehow gets lost on the land.

After talking to the moon again, he will regain the special lunar power of how to plant.

[How to unlock Wormwood's lunar recipes in Green Thumb Tab?]

With the help of the following conditions, Wormwood can talk to the moon and unlock the special moon power.

(1) Defeat Celestial Champion (100% unlocked)

(2) Celestial Altar (75% unlocked)

(3) Celestial Sanctum (75% unlocked)

(4) Celestial Tribute (75% unlocked)

(5) Moon Stone with Moon Caller's Staff (50% unlocked)

(6) Celestial Orb (25% unlocked)

[Advantage 1]

After moon power unlocked, Wormwood can craft many special magic seeds which can grow on specific turfs.

For example, he can consume 10 health and 10 reeds to craft 1 reed seed, and it can be planted only on the Marsh Turf. 

Special Magic Seeds of special plants:

[25% unlocked] flower, fern, succulent

(consume 5 health to craft 1 seed without any ingredients)

[50% unlocked] Magic Fertilizer

(consume 5 health to craft 1 fertilizer, which can turn plants into special variants, such as: mushroom-mushtree-lunar mushtree, light flower-double light flower-triple light flower, etc.)

[75% unlocked] light flower, banana tree, reed, lichen, cactus, bull kelp, stone fruit bush

(consume 10 health and 10 ingredients to craft 1 seed.)

[100% unlocked] Mandrake, Magic Tree

(consume 1 purple gem to craft 1 Mandrake seed, consume 1 Enlightening Snare to craft 1 seed of the Magic Tree. Magic Tree can do many things. It can offer protection against overheat, rain and lightning. What's more, it can transport player to the other one. And it can also provide the everlasting light for all the plants around, which makes crops to be giant forever. Besides, the Magic Tree can keep Wormwood bloomed forever and recover 1 health per 5 seconds without any cost. But Wormwood has to provide 30 Magic Fertilizers and 1 Mandrake to maintain the growth of the tree. 

[Advantage 2]

In moonlight, Wormwood's health will generate dramatically, like 1 health per 10 seconds no matter he's wet or not. Full moon, Celestial Fissures and Polar Star will provide moonlight to Wormwood.

[Disadvantage]

Wormwood is not a big fan of dark magic. So he will lose sanity greatly by using any items related to dark magic (twice than other characters) and he will lose his sanity faster when in darkness.

Thank you for reading my thoughts about Wormwood! I wish it could be realized.

I think wormwood should have more interaction with water. He's a plant, and the only thing to do with water he has is an immunity to sanity drain from it.

Here's my pitch: Wormwood gets strengthened grip like Wurt (he can wrap his vines or roots or whatever around the tool to grip it harder), and he heals from water at, say 5-10 health per second, up to 60 or 70 wetness. After that, however, he takes 5-10 damage per second due to overwatering.

This would provide some neat play where he has to balance his wetness meter to avoid being too wet, but if he teeters on the edge, he'll get the best possible bonus. (similar to Wanda with her age and the alarming clock)

You can switch health out to sanity if the health regen seems too op, it would still make sense.

I'd Love for Wormwood to have a companion mob for combat. Currently in DST the only perk that comes close to this is harvesting barnacles for free. Frankly, this is far too niche to be of any value. The barnacle recipes don't have good synergy with Wormwood since they're all massive healing foods and weak on hunger stats.

Hamlet had the snaptraps which couldn't be allied but were pacified around Wormwood, which I LOVED as a perk. And it would be super cool if it was something that had to be grown/ nurtured in the garden to fit thematically. Maybe not the same snap traps from Hamlet, but it could be. And being able to pacify poison birchnutters in someway would be immaculate.

I'd also love if the bloomy effect just had a slight dmg multiplier. These things don't have to be nearly comparable to Wolfgang's stats, but I would appreciate some more boosts for the plant boi's combat. 

Change his entire healing ways, taking away the sleeping mechanic along with the healing salves to boosting composting and the use of guano. Nutritious ways of fertilizing to benefit him in those healing ways. Bring back regeneration stacking for the fertilizers he use.

He doesn't really need much just to make his healing methods more interesting. I don't like it entirely how he would need to rely to salves and all or completely rely on a batbat. While batbat is good, would be greater if farming was benefitting him more to getting those specific fertilizers.

Current healing system for him is dumb and boring. He doesn't have the same wounds other survivors may have and it sucks that he doesn't benefit from farming as much as he should be. It's weak as hell!

Archived