Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wendy, if any?

Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wendy, if any?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see changes to Wendy?

• No, the character is perfect already
    • No, the character is fine as is
    • Yes, but only some QoL changes
    • Yes, some new mechanics would be nice
    • Yes, and I would love to see a full rework
  2. 2. Wendy changes:

• [Art] Sisturn HD texture
    • [Balance] Weaker potion retuning
    • [New] A 7th potion with new content
    • [Downside] Remove her extra 40% damage when hitting with Abigail (she is supposed to be weaker in exchange for Abigail)
    • [Fix] Fix abigail pathfinding on water or when she just stops moving for no reason
    • [Balance] Abigail takes player damage instead of mob damage (for example rooks do 40 damage to players and 200 to npcs)
    • [New] Abigail regens health faster when unsummoned
    • I don't like any of the above options
    • Something else (comment below)

i always though that abi's shield and damage buff should be elixirs effects instead of free pasives but other than that is one of the funniest. Sad that the main game loop still being the same than rog so she just faceroll it making her less fun than potentially could be with more survival challenge than weather and, now nerfed, hound waves

some elixirs could have some duration buff like the speed one

44 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

And I cannot find a video, but pre-rework wendy could make use of Summon rush like @kirihime said, which was an "advanced wendy technique" used for quick rezzing abigail, specially effective against Bee Queen.

While I wrote multiple times that Wendy has downsides and requires fair bit of practice/knowledge to permorm higher-level strategies (fighting most bosses and some of the more dangerous enemies), I would enjoy her more if she recieved tweak. The goals of my suggestions below are:

- encourage variety of playstyles of comparable net gain/loss when it comes to Wendy herself; [even further]

- encourage different from default/other characters's playstyle; [even further]

- keep sence of reward for enough - not too little or too much - effort put in mastering unique playstyle;

- match character's lore better for the sake of atmosphere.

So here is suggestion about meaningful downside (because they can and should make character better): that can't be completely negated, encourages different playstyles and ones that are different from default/other characters, but at the same time doesn't make game unnecessarily tedious provided one is willing to put an effort into learning character.

Quick summary of my suggestion: idea is to link health pools of Wendy and Abigail and health pool of higher relative value trying to match health pool of lower one, regardless of whether Wendy or Abigail is close do death (I also feel like it would be very in-character thing). After rethinking I want to add idea of unlinking health pools of sisters as long as Abigail is inside flower, but relinking again as long as she is summoned again.

To match this hypothetical change with something on the strong side, I would like to completely overhaul the way distilled vengeance (one of the elixirs) works. Instead of being just much more expensive shield potion that deals 20 damage to attacker as long as attack hits shield, I would change the following:

- shield duration become the same as default;

- damage received becomes 2x less;

- damage reflected to attackers being based on attack (before application of 2x damage reduction), being 2x of damage that attacker would deal without any potion. It should work regardless of whether shield protected Abigail or not in the end;

- reflected damage penetrating enemies damage reduction and invulnerability - the most obvious case is tier 3 bishop which now just can't be affected by current version of damage reflection. This is balanced by the fact that mobs and especially bosses have very low damage compared to their health pool and by the fact that natural shield either requires additional items (weather pain) to defend Abigail properly or allows quite a lot of damage to pass to Abigail, plus healing elixir would require to remove effect of fairly expensive distilled vengeance and waste resources on reapplication.

With these changes, it would be truly vengeance, and very powerful one in right hands, but even more things can go wrong if one is not careful. I would like to play this version of Wendy myself, especially against Celestial Champion.

Cherry on top for me would harsher penalty for loosing Abigail in a form of needing to perform murder in order to summon her again (credits of idea belong to @Wendy C.), but ordinary summoning-desummoning should stay unaffected (the one where Abigail doesn't "die"). As for the lore, Maxwell impies that Wendy plays with dark magic in the form of elixirs, and flower itself requires nightmare fuel, so I think returning of such mechanic - even if in weaker form - would be perfectly fine.

Small thing that I would also like: ability to load sisturn with lunar tree blossom (for stronger sanity aura), dark petals (for -50 sanity per minute aura and gestalts repelling effect, so just as fine as regular petals with bee queen crown, but with utility during moonstorm night), cacti flowers (same stats as regular petals) and ferns (just effect of Abigail levelling up faster, no sanity aura included). Sisturn built in small radius near tombstone could increase spawn chance and rate of pipspooks.

Finally, I hope bug where Abigail just stops attacking and enters idle state will be fixed. Here is a link:

And some consistency in other case such as what kind of elemental damage Abigail takes/ignores will be added:

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Its supposed to speed up the time it takes for Abigail’s flower to Bloom, but in this Reworked version of Wendy people can just Endlessly Summon Abigail even After she’s been killed in battle.

Sir, what the **** are you talking about

She comes back at very low health

7 hours ago, Pig Princess said:

While I wrote multiple times that Wendy has downsides and requires fair bit of practice/knowledge to permorm higher-level strategies (fighting most bosses and some of the more dangerous enemies), I would enjoy her more if she recieved tweak. The goals of my suggestions below are:

- encourage variety of playstyles of comparable net gain/loss when it comes to Wendy herself; [even further]

- encourage different from default/other characters's playstyle; [even further]

- keep sence of reward for enough - not too little or too much - effort put in mastering unique playstyle;

- match character's lore better for the sake of atmosphere.

So here is suggestion about meaningful downside (because they can and should make character better): that can't be completely negated, encourages different playstyles and ones that are different from default/other characters, but at the same time doesn't make game unnecessarily tedious provided one is willing to put an effort into learning character.

Quick summary of my suggestion: idea is to link health pools of Wendy and Abigail and health pool of higher relative value trying to match health pool of lower one, regardless of whether Wendy or Abigail is close do death (I also feel like it would be very in-character thing). After rethinking I want to add idea of unlinking health pools of sisters as long as Abigail is inside flower, but relinking again as long as she is summoned again.

To match this hypothetical change with something on the strong side, I would like to completely overhaul the way distilled vengeance (one of the elixirs) works. Instead of being just much more expensive shield potion that deals 20 damage to attacker as long as attack hits shield, I would change the following:

- shield duration become the same as default;

- damage received becomes 2x less;

- damage reflected to attackers being based on attack (before application of 2x damage reduction), being 2x of damage that attacker would deal without any potion. It should work regardless of whether shield protected Abigail or not in the end;

- reflected damage penetrating enemies damage reduction and invulnerability - the most obvious case is tier 3 bishop which now just can't be affected by current version of damage reflection. This is balanced by the fact that mobs and especially bosses have very low damage compared to their health pool and by the fact that natural shield either requires additional items (weather pain) to defend Abigail properly or allows quite a lot of damage to pass to Abigail, plus healing elixir would require to remove effect of fairly expensive distilled vengeance and waste resources on reapplication.

With these changes, it would be truly vengeance, and very powerful one in right hands, but even more things can go wrong if one is not careful. I would like to play this version of Wendy myself, especially against Celestial Champion.

Cherry on top for me would harsher penalty for loosing Abigail in a form of needing to perform murder in order to summon her again (credits of idea belong to @Wendy C.), but ordinary summoning-desummoning should stay unaffected (the one where Abigail doesn't "die"). As for the lore, Maxwell impies that Wendy plays with dark magic in the form of elixirs, and flower itself requires nightmare fuel, so I think returning of such mechanic - even if in weaker form - would be perfectly fine.

Small thing that I would also like: ability to load sisturn with lunar tree blossom (for stronger sanity aura), dark petals (for -50 sanity per minute aura and gestalts repelling effect, so just as fine as regular petals with bee queen crown, but with utility during moonstorm night), cacti flowers (same stats as regular petals) and ferns (just effect of Abigail levelling up faster, no sanity aura included). Sisturn built in small radius near tombstone could increase spawn chance and rate of pipspooks.

Finally, I hope bug where Abigail just stops attacking and enters idle state will be fixed. Here is a link:

And some consistency in other case such as what kind of elemental damage Abigail takes/ignores will be added:

Is an interesting idea to revamp Wendy's gameplay, but in all honestly, I don't think Wendy needs such a big rework to her mechanics. What Klei did to her already existing gameplay was really solid, and I don't think she's in such a state that would warrant a complete rework worth of changes to her. (Remember Abigail and tentacles? I remember)

I would be in favor of the small changes such as "higher penalty for losing abigail", but things like health pool linking would be too much micromanaging, and would render things like abigail's regen, some of the potions worthless, and even your own health pool would be annoying to manage.Thematically I like each having bonus for helping each other, like Wendy having lower damage without abigail, and abigail giving a boost when Wendy fights alongside her. I don't feel they are linked in "life and death".

My original idea for the rework was to allow Wendy to craft different flowers, each with their own set purpose, and their upside and downside, since you could have multiple flowers before, and each had their own timer.

I do kinda miss the blood sacrifice tho, being chased down by a pack of rabid nightmare monkeys and betting my life if I was able to kill one by extreme kiting to summon abigail and save me from the horde, or I will fail my kiting, be bitten to dead and myself become Abigail's sacrifice.

I like many of your ideas, but I don't think her current warrants such drastic changes to her current mechanics, she had one of the most solid reworks.

24 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

and would render things like abigail's regen, some of the potions worthless

Not really, idea is for spectral cure-all to outheal health alignment happening due to this difference, and small heal would still remain useful: player would need to apply it to maintain Abigail's health, preferably in the beginning of combat, instead of current use to heal Abigail after/towards the end of combat. Situations where one uses other potions (nightshade nostrum, vigor mortis) or no potions at all usually are those where Abigail takes very little damage if at all. I did suggest to leave some of maximum health pools difference, for example, 20%, after reaching which health pools would not continue to match each other. For one of the shield potions I suggested significant buff, and the other one I don't know what to do about, honestly. It would still be useful in niche scenarios just like right now.

even your own health pool would be annoying to manage.

It's probably a matter of perspective. I would find it fun to do, both to avoid and spread out damage and to do extra managment for healing when needed. Another way could be to hide Abigail, let her heal to full, and then very quickly heal oneself to full. Yet another way would be to play at 80% of hp (but not mandatory nerf for max stats) and have 40% of Abigail's health leeway.

I like many of your ideas, but I don't think her current warrants such drastic changes to her current mechanics, she had one of the most solid reworks.

Thank you, and Wendy's rework is one of my favourite ones, I enjoy playing as Wendy as she is and currently she is one of my top-3 picks for multiplayer servers (with Warly and Wormwood sharing this place). I think there was still a room for improvement though.

I also don't think she absolutely has to receive such change, but since title of the thread is "what changes would you like to see..." I decided to repost it here since this is exactly what I would like to see and enjoy.

Archived