Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wendy, if any?

Poll: What changes would you like to see for Wendy, if any?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see changes to Wendy?

• No, the character is perfect already
    • No, the character is fine as is
    • Yes, but only some QoL changes
    • Yes, some new mechanics would be nice
    • Yes, and I would love to see a full rework
  2. 2. Wendy changes:

• [Art] Sisturn HD texture
    • [Balance] Weaker potion retuning
    • [New] A 7th potion with new content
    • [Downside] Remove her extra 40% damage when hitting with Abigail (she is supposed to be weaker in exchange for Abigail)
    • [Fix] Fix abigail pathfinding on water or when she just stops moving for no reason
    • [Balance] Abigail takes player damage instead of mob damage (for example rooks do 40 damage to players and 200 to npcs)
    • [New] Abigail regens health faster when unsummoned
    • I don't like any of the above options
    • Something else (comment below)

Source thread is this:

Previously I asked "What character do you main?" and after, I contacted people that replied to the poll, I compiled a list of desired changes.

In this thread feel free to vote and discuss about this character.

She shouldn't get a huge multiplier on a beefalo. Wolfgang's speed bonus was changed to not affect beefalo (then removed entirely) so she should get a 1.1x multiplier as God intended.

-30hp
-60hp if you want to be harsh
Wendy's offensive potential is fine, any nerf focusing on that would just be ruining the part of the character that is actually fun

That said, beefalo shouldn't get the large multiplier as it's not Wendy herself physically doing the attacking
Beefalo are already good, they don't need to do 100+ damage on top of her already existing AoE
give her a reason to use cutters and darkswords

1 hour ago, jan Mele said:

My suggestion is a bit altered. Is this intentional?

Cool polls btw

unintentional, let me know what was phrasing and I will fix it

it probably got lost in the blur

42 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

unintentional, let me know what was phrasing and I will fix it

it probably got lost in the blur

Cool. I meant that she'd regenerate health only when unsummoned but at a faster rate. The option in the poll is nice too tho, since it doesn't interfere with people who don't want to unsummon Abigail often.

And a lot of people already voted anyway (they can't change it), so it would reflect info even less

I find the 40% extra damage from being a Wendy player a bit unnecessary, and would be fine with it being removed, but also fine if it stays (I'd prefer if it was gone). Having beefalo inherit that bonus might be a bit much, but that has to do with how the beefalo mounting mechanic was done in the first place.

I do find the potions she can make to be a bit underwhelming tho. The revenge potion is nice for when frog rain happens, but I find everything to just be a downgrade to the super healing potion. Haven't been able to come up with any good ideas that I liked, but I'd like to see more variety in what she can make, and also improve the already existing options to make them more viable.

I do like the idea of increase regen when on the flower, but then again, that would make the small regen elixir pointless, which I'm kind of okay with since I'm advocating for a rework on elixirs. Still looking for some ideas.

Keep the damage bonus with Abby for non Wendy players only. (Or if it's too harsh, reduce it to ~10-15% for Wendy only.)

It's insane that a character with damage penalty has a damage buff this strong.

Other than this, she's perfectly fine.

(Oh, one more thing: when you're the 4th one to pick Wendy on a public server, the game should crash. :D )

49 minutes ago, 321bwa said:

The 7th potion could be a larger light radius, or a temperature altering radius.

First time hearing that suggestion, it's interesting.

People be wanting nerfs so they can feel justified lol
Get over it wendy has always been a combat character let her have what she is meant to be.

She is already weaker against bosses lets focus on keeping that as her downside.
Big heal potion is whats really the problem. With that wendy can keep abby healthy during a boss fight and allows her to do her full dmg.
Where abby is supposed to be weak against bosses because of the increased mob damage.

With that change I would want more potion utility
I have tried to figure out the best uses for all the potions. But they don't really have much.
right now most people just spam big heal  but here are some uses i found for some of the other ones.
I really enjoy the small heal potion Because that feels like the one you always need
Speed is kind of a meme but is useful for butterfly farming around base and also toadstool
The shields I found are really good if you are expecting to get mobbed  entering a unbaited pig village during a full moon  And frog rain
Mosslings too  when they are enraged

2 hours ago, 321bwa said:

The 7th potion could be a larger light radius, or a temperature altering radius.

This would be great because her potions are kind of mundane More utility potions would be nice.
Like fire nettle can be used to make the thermal heat potion  Glow berries for light potions.

Honestly for nerf changes I would suggest taking out the big heal.
Because then it would require wendy players to be safer with abigail or risk losing her levels. Plus it makes it so bosses are still difficult for her. Which is what is supposed to balance her out.

I liked that unsummon healing since it would require more skill on the wendys player to know how to control abby in and out of battle

14 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

Get over it wendy has always been a combat character let her have what she is meant to be.

She is already weaker against bosses lets focus on keeping that as her downside.

If she really is "weaker against bosses" (despite doing roughly 1.7x* damage to them in addition to AoE damage which trivializes two of the hardest fights in the game) why do you care about people saying she should lose the 40% boost on a beef, or lose the boost entirely? That would only really affect bosses, which she apparently is already bad at, so nothing should change right?

*1.54x damage multiplier with a slightly lowered attack speed combined with Abigail's damage. Comparison is ornery Wendy vs fresh ham bat Wilson.

10 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If she really is "weaker against bosses" (despite doing roughly 1.5x damage to them in addition to AoE damage which trivializes two of the hardest fights in the game) why do you care about people saying she should lose the 40% boost on a beef, or lose the boost entirely? That would only really affect bosses, which she apparently is already bad at, so nothing should change right?

She only has a 15 percent damage increase vs normal players while fighting with Abigail. any other time she is weaker.
Which is why i say the nerf would be better to make abby not as tanky.
so wendy does not just have abby up 24/7

Abigail hits 1 every second so wendy's dps to one target is still lower than other offensive characters even when abby is being accounted for.

Dps a player hits faster than 2x a second. about every .4 seconds
with a dark sword normal players get  about 150 dps.
p

Combat characters can get much more than that.
Wigfrid is 187 with dark sword But has innate healing and

Wendy gets 172.04 plus 15 25 or 40 dependent on what time of day it is
If wendy got no abby she does 112 dps with dark sword.

Wanda gets 288 dps with her watch
Wolf is 300 Dps darksword
Warly with his buffs is 448 dps. with darksword on wet opponents.

Back to argument with the beefalo  Wendy does 208? plus 15 25 40 dps on an ornery beefalo
Thats still not even more than wanda  Which she is not even supposed to be a combat character.

You are telling me the combat characters have higher dps over normal characters?
omg

But if we make abby weaker against stronger enemies there is that balance.
The damage bonus is the incentivize players to fight with abby vs having abby do everything.
The damage difference Really does not come into play  in regular play only in bosses yes. 

But its more of an abby thing than a wendy thing. With abby being able to live each of those encounters via the big heal.

8 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

Big heal potion is whats really the problem. With that wendy can keep abby healthy during a boss fight and allows her to do her full dmg.
Where abby is supposed to be weak against bosses because of the increased mob damage.

I find it very telling that the feedback that some people seem to have is "Wendy is too OP, nerf her". It feels like people who think the character's upside are too strong and wants her nerfed, instead of people who actually play her and want her to have a more enjoyable and varied playstyle

11 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

Honestly for nerf changes I would suggest taking out the big heal.

Because then it would require wendy players to be safer with abigail or risk losing her levels. Plus it makes it so bosses are still difficult for her. Which is what is supposed to balance her out.

I liked that unsummon healing since it would require more skill on the wendys player to know how to control abby in and out of battle

The thing is, the only reason I even farm for Mourning Glory is for that potion. If you remove that, I'm not sure I would go out of my way to farm for them, since I find every other potion to be very underwhelming.

You could add a potion that when spilled over a grave summons a ghost to follow you alongside abigail, a potion that increases Abi's defense for a short time while turning her immobile, increase duration of speed potion, or something else that is fun, I'm just throwing ideas at the wall here, just saying most of the use cases for the potions are either very limited, and require you to be expecting you to be carrying the potion on you for that rare situation. Except with cureall because of course, you always want health no matter what.

4 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

I find it very telling that the feedback that some people seem to have is "Wendy is too OP, nerf her".

Half of your first comment is saying to nerf her. The same nerf everyone else here is advocating for.

Just now, Cheggf said:

Half of your first comment is saying to nerf her. The same nerf everyone else here is advocating for.

I did say that indeed, but I also said I don't mind whether she's nerfed or not (except for beefalo thing, which seems more like just a coding mishap).

My point was, despite the lacking in some of her gameplay that could be improved, it feels like everyone else is just ignoring everything else about Wendy, and just pointing and saying "nerf", "nerf", "nerf". But everyone is entitled to their opinion, I was just sharing mine.

23 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

I find it very telling that the feedback that some people seem to have is "Wendy is too OP, nerf her". It feels like people who think the character's upside are too strong and wants her nerfed, instead of people who actually play her and want her to have a more enjoyable and varied playstyle

The thing is, the only reason I even farm for Mourning Glory is for that potion. If you remove that, I'm not sure I would go out of my way to farm for them, since I find every other potion to be very underwhelming.

You could add a potion that when spilled over a grave summons a ghost to follow you alongside abigail, a potion that increases Abi's defense for a short time while turning her immobile, increase duration of speed potion, or something else that is fun, I'm just throwing ideas at the wall here, just saying most of the use cases for the potions are either very limited, and require you to be expecting you to be carrying the potion on you for that rare situation. Except with cureall because of course, you always want health no matter what.

Thats kind of why i was thinking the unsummoned plus the regen potion can be really great for that.
 have it basically be double the heal but you need to have abby out of the fight for a bit.
regen triples abby's regen  which is 480 in a day to 1340
and if they add the increased regen while unsummoned can boost that to 1600!

abby will be in good shape to fight in about a minute.
if she went down to nearly dying.  and almost fully healed in 2 minutes
That is actually much better for the day to day use of abby

Cure all usually is only needed for Bosses, Worms and ruins rushing cause rooks hurt.

But yes I would want to advocate for more useful potions.  Because like you said majority of the time people only farm for the big heal potion.

10 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

Thats kind of why i was thinking the unsummoned plus the regen potion can be really great for that.
 have it basically be double the heal but you need to have abby out of the fight for a bit.
regen doubles abby's regen  which is 480 in a day to 960
and if they add the increased regen while unsummoned can boost that to 1500.

I like the health regen idea, but a small comment, if you put 4 petals in a sisturn, abigail would go from death to full level 3 health in 2 minutes.

You do lose 50 sanity, but then again, you don't have to carry a potion with you and recall aby, which depending on the situation it can be a bit of a challenge.

4 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

Cure all usually is only needed for Bosses, Worms and ruins rushing cause rooks hurt.

Me using 5 spectral cure-all to have abi solo 3 people's worth of frog rain

image.gif.58c4fe953e9d4dc46dca5ce348f6fde6.gif

In all seriousness, the reason why no other potion is necessary is because the default shield and health regen is good enough for most situations, so if you wanna get people to move towards elixirs, you could get the elixirs to do very unique and interesting effects, or you could go the easy route and nerf abigail so that elixirs are a necesity, no shield without elixirs, slower regen without regen elixir, etc etc.

I'm more keen on the first approach, but the second is always an option to drive people towards the elixir system.

I will add that i don't think Wendy is overpowered or needs any kind of nerf
aside from the the beefalo thing which just feels like an inconsistency and I don't want to feel as pressured into getting one when I play her
this isn't a competitive game, and it's not a problem for characters to be stronger or weaker than others
she is fun to play in her current form

The worst thing i can say about wendy is that she gives new players a very skewed idea of how to play, but even then, she's letting them contribute. I'm always happy to encounter wendies on pubs even when the player sucks, because there's still something there that you can rely on

Hilariously NONE of the things I would actually suggest are included in this poll and as a #WendyMain both Before & After her rework: I feel like people are heavily missing who Wendy is/was as a character.

First off I would like to ask a question aimed directly at Klei- What in the HECK is the Sisturn actually good for???

Its supposed to speed up the time it takes for Abigail’s flower to Bloom, but in this Reworked version of Wendy people can just Endlessly Summon Abigail even After she’s been killed in battle.

the “Challenge” was in the Downtime you’d have without Abigail by your side should you had ever been careless enough to let her die in Battle- A Downside that just like every other character in the game: Could be completely avoided if the player just did one little thing…

And that’s create Sisturns and power them up. (the more Sisturns… the faster her flower blooms so you can summon her)

People are wanting nerfs on “Current” Wendy, Meanwhile they probably forgot that In Solo DS Abigail wasn’t an Endless Summon.

11 minutes ago, CremeLover said:
Spoiler

I like the health regen idea, but a small comment, if you put 4 petals in a sisturn, abigail would go from death to full level 3 health in 2 minutes.

You do lose 50 sanity, but then again, you don't have to carry a potion with you and recall aby, which depending on the situation it can be a bit of a challenge.

Me using 5 spectral cure-all to have abi solo 3 people's worth of frog rain

image.gif.58c4fe953e9d4dc46dca5ce348f6fde6.gif

In all seriousness, the reason why no other potion is necessary is because the default shield and health regen is good enough for most situations, so if you wanna get people to move towards elixirs, you could get the elixirs to do very unique and interesting effects, or you could go the easy route and nerf abigail so that elixirs are a necesity, no shield without elixirs, slower regen without regen elixir, etc etc.

I'm more keen on the first approach, but the second is always an option to drive people towards the elixir system.

It takes a full day for abby to recharge via the sisturn
it cuts the 3 day charging into 3/4 day. 6 minutes if you want to get technical.
During the day yeah frog rain can really get abby if she is the only one fighting.
but usually ive had the group fighting or im fighting with her.
The Regen potion actually triples her regen so my numbers were off originally and it boosts her hp to 1340 a day.
I feel nerfing doesn't really help much  I would suggest making the elixiers be more useful.

We kind of saw a taste of this with the wx rework.
There are lots of circuits but most people only use  a few of them.  Because  Why have max health or hunger or whateve when you can have 1.4 Speed or night vision.

However I feel this would work better for abby since abby is not always fighting
So having utility elixiers would be a nice fit for her.

You could have multiple flowers pre-rework and aside from needing to kill a thing each time there wasn't anything stopping you from resummoning
current abigail doesn't get her HP back when resummoned, so she will immediately die again on the next attack from anything, compare this to bernie, where willow can pick him up and fix him or simply drop another and he's instantly back to 2000 HP

realistically any fight where abigail is dying multiple things have already gone wrong, and endlessly trying to resummon her is only going to make your situation worse

3 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

During the day yeah frog rain can really get abby if she is the only one fighting.

use the damage elixir

21 minutes ago, kirihime said:

I will add that i don't think Wendy is overpowered or needs any kind of nerf
aside from the the beefalo thing which just feels like an inconsistency and I don't want to feel as pressured into getting one when I play her
this isn't a competitive game, and it's not a problem for characters to be stronger or weaker than others
she is fun to play in her current form

The worst thing i can say about wendy is that she gives new players a very skewed idea of how to play, but even then, she's letting them contribute. I'm always happy to encounter wendies on pubs even when the player sucks, because there's still something there that you can rely on

Beefalos are not required for wendy honestly yeah they can help but  They also are a give and take.
Beefs aren't good at everything. plus can die easily if you are bad at kiting.
They are like a day to day thing
I would honestly compare beefalos to the shield from the twins  since they both basically act the same way.except without the speed boost.

38 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

It takes a full day for abby to recharge via the sisturn
it cuts the 3 day charging into 3/4 day. 6 minutes if you want to get technical.

I checked the numbers again and yeah, I was off, but from what I understand it levels from level 1 to 2 in a day, and another one to level up to 3, so 2 days -> 4 minutes with sisturn I believe.

After you've set up a base, you're not fighting constantly, so unless you are fighting bosses, health is not that necessary. I only ever use the regen potion for when I'm going to the ruins, since I'm expecting to fight multiple mobs in a row for a couple of days, whereas everything else can be dealt with easily with her default characteristics, so even the regen health one I find pretty useless. When I'm on a boss, and abigail gets on low health, I just find an opportunity and de-summon her, and by the time she's back to a nice health, the boss fight is already over.

31 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

Beefalos are not required for wendy honestly yeah they can help but  They also are a give and take.
Beefs aren't good at everything. plus can die easily if you are bad at kiting.
They are like a day to day thing
I would honestly compare beefalos to the shield from the twins  since they both basically act the same way.except without the speed boost.

I kept a beefalo for Wendy even before the beefalo rework, and after the farming rework, I always carry a bundle of 160 cook potates, which is about 3200 health or 9600 just for the beefalo if I'm ever in a need for health. Honestly, Beefalos are not that hard to keep alive as long as you pay attention, and are willing to drop it away and keep fighting yourself in case you make too many mistakes and can't heal it in time.

45 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

First off I would like to ask a question aimed directly at Klei- What in the HECK is the Sisturn actually good for???

Sisturn felt to me like a symbolic old Wendy sanity farm you could do when Abigail flower turned into a regular flower (+25san/min), plus giving a small boost to normal Wendy gameplay.

I still have one I built in my world before she as reworked in fear that that feature was removed

image.thumb.png.7bf45ae32e825557f9f53183e6f1f434.png

And that’s create Sisturns and power them up. (the more Sisturns… the faster her flower blooms so you can summon her)

Sisturn don't stack

People are wanting nerfs on “Current” Wendy, Meanwhile they probably forgot that In Solo DS Abigail wasn’t an Endless Summon.

Most of the characters have been drastically changed from their single player version after their rework, Woodie has 3 transformations, Willow has a teddy bear that didn't even exist in single player. And I cannot find a video, but pre-rework wendy could make use of Summon rush like @kirihime said, which was an "advanced wendy technique" used for quick rezzing abigail, specially effective against Bee Queen.

Archived