Desperately needed QOL

Some things that slow down gameplay overall or just make things inconvenient, especially in the late or end game are something you can improve. It's so bad that I have had little to no incentive to ever "finish" the game by going through most planetoids in Spaced Out or tackling the Temporal Tear much later in the game. It is the chores and boredom that comes from the slow building, unnecessary micro management that turn me away from the game, usually when I'm reaching space in base game and when I have a couple rockets built in spaced out. This is a very consistent problem I think you absolutely should and can address and I have a few pointers for suggestions to make sure that this doesn't happen anywhere near as much.

It would be great if the next set of changes to the game overall included these changes. Yes, many of these changes have mods, but that exacerbates the issue, many of these are mods that need to be kept up by other people and they change the game at times enough to make it unplayable or changes the game back too much if you can't use them. These changes not only make sense as actual changes to the game but also work best to improve it well I think. Yes, this is like 20 suggestions, but they are all worth investing time and effort into implementing.

1) Include GUARANTEED Cool Slush Geyser and Cool Salty Slush Geyser for the easier base game planetoids. Needless to say that Spaced Out is understandably easier for new players because of these two geysers which are much easier to tame. In base game at the moment, it's a roll of dice for the Cool Slush Geyser to be maybe hidden somewhere, and if it's not you better learn how to do the Aqua Tuner + Steam turbine heat deletion setup or think to heat up and delete mass by pumping hot liquid you are willing to lose out to space. If you don't, you will be stuck and many new players end up like this. People rarely ever think of this and expect space to cool things down inherently, something to keep in mind going forward.

2) Select how much of a given resource you want in storages. It's annoying to have to micro-manage this sometimes, needing multiple storage bins even if I really only want to have a few kg of one resource but a few tons of another. Using only 1 storage bin or fridge for multiple resources is then imperative but I need to be able to specify these if I'm only going to have 1 or 2 of each inside a rocket for Spaced Out and not have to build extra storage and deconstruct it after for the sake of space limitations for example.

3) Remove the power requirement for Smart Storage bins and for the refrigerators to be able to send automation signals PLEASE! Continuous 60w for storage to automate signals makes no sense and is overall way too power hungry of a requirement overall. For some reason there is not even a mod that does exactly this. While you're at it, can get rid of the wire port for the Automatic Dispenser as well, it doesn't do anything at all to my knowledge (works just fine without power) and it doesn't make sense that it would be needed anyway, unless maybe you made it so that it can collect resources regardless and then drop them based on automation, I thought that was the idea, but I don't think it works like that.

4) Finish errand schedule slot. Mod does exist for this. Or have the last work time slot be dedicated to the duplicant finishing their current task and not starting a new one. Please.

5) There's a mod for a sealed pitcher pump now. I mentioned a similar idea way back when, but the idea was to have this but with tiles of your choosing underneath, kind of like how steam turbine works.

6) Sealed Airlock. There is a mod for how this could work as well. I would advise having a door one research branch ahead of the regular mechanical airlock for this one and you could definitely make this building 1x2 instead of how the mod does it with a 3x2 building by having gas/liquid come in from one end but stop by the door, a close animation playing so that the duplicant is inside the door, kind of like with a circular rotating door, with the gases and liquids being pumped out (you would need to filter the liquid and gas output yourself instead of it being deleted) as fast as a regular pump and then once the entire area is a vacuum, the duplicant could continue forward, or back if they are called break or sleep.

7) Scafolding and maybe diagonal ladders and diagonal piping/wiring. There is a mod for the former two as well. Diagonal piping and such would be awesome as it would gives us an extra dimension to work with especially in cornered situations!

8) Pliers. Though I would suggest you include a version where if it's 2 built pipes or wires that are connected, it requires a duplicant errand to do, and maybe the plumbing skill to tweak.

9) Scale down multiple buildings, especially some furniture or utility buildings. You did this for the Hand Sanitizer. When you consider that duplicants being 1x2 are shy of  2 metres tall, something like a wash basin or latrine in that context is absurdly HUGE. There is zero reason to have these buildings be this big, many of them you could even have as small as 1x2 or so because you only need them to cover a tile for liquid input and liquid output for example. The shower could be reasonably tuned down to 2x3, latrines and sink to 1x2 or 1x3, same with the wash basin and maybe outhouse or maybe 2x2, . Suit docks especially could be much smaller, why are the lead suit docks 2x4?! The lead suits already slow down duplicants enough compared to atmo suits and use different material for repair that there are times when you would use one over the other. depending on circumstance instead of lead suits every time. Industrial buildings being rather big seems ok, but especially when you are working with limited space inside rockets, it is annoying to have to think where I'm gonna place every single tile and door as opposed to 2 floors where I can squeeze in everything that would be reasonable for a fairly long space mission for a few duplicants.

10) One type of checkpoint for ALL masks and suits. Let me explain. You know how we have multiple checkpoints and suit dock types for every single mask and suit in the game? Aside from the jet suit fuel requirement, why is this done like this when they all take the same oxygen pumping requirement? You could have the same dock system, setting the docks to be 1x2 of size to squeeze in anywhere and allow duplicants to put on any available suit set. No more fiddling with access systems when having multiple suits or transitioning to a different suit type for a given area as you could remove oxygen mask for example and select to add an atmo suit instead and we could have more suit docks filled with actual lead suits during space missions, or maybe even jet suits before the duplicants go outside. Easier to work with but makes sense to me! No more needing to dedicate several dozens of walkable tiles just to suit up a few duplicants. And wouldn't that be more fun?

11) Power suits to carry more materials, change the way supplying to unconstructed buildings work. When making large builds, especially mid to late game it becomes annoying to have to wait till it's all done. Even if you have some storage bins nearby to have multiple of the same resources thrown in to be grabbed and used by builders, it still takes a long time. You could even remove the supply errand to buildings and have duplicants hold the given resources and build and throw resources in as the build. Then building time can depend largely on the resource amount provided to the building during construction. No more suppliers slowing down builders or the need for so many trips for builders to get anything done.

12) Keycard system to save processing when loading in and time when going through permissions of every door. No mod for it, but I did make a suggestion for it earlier.

13) Material colored buildings texture wise. If I would like to build a steel aqua tuner, I want to see the orange material color to correct myself and build a gold amalgam or steel one before I put a system online as opposed to when it's already too late. Visually it would just look stunning. Imagine building an entire build out of copper to make it look steam punk! Made a note of it before, seems like one dev liked at least something in this post. Metal ladders would be awesome too, I don't know why you have a texture for the gravitas built ladders out of plastic and not use that for metal ladders to use later in the game in place of the rusty old ones we need to build in various areas now because the plastic ladders will melt in some places outside of main colony area.

14) Include some more materials for buildings that make sense visually and would not really break balance too much if they did include a material along with variants for building types. Hard to believe you could build solar pannels purely out of glass, and it's strange we can't build tiles, ladders or anything else out of lumber, a material which I think should be much easier to access maybe from mealWOOD and maybe even build outhouses and wash basins out of. There is a mod for some of this but they don't look great, and it's basically every tile version as opposed to one type. Ideally you want various materials to replicate a different behavior for tiles, like diamond/glass window tiles letting light through or metal tiles having high conductivity but not letting light through so there is something to aim for and it would also make sense.

15) Pass-through solid visco gel tiles. You can just change the freezing and boiling temperatures of visco gel or require it to make a new material to make these. They could also just be plastic tiles that as a result of the material you can pass through. Would make sealing chambers for gases end game so much easier and less volatile than using visco gel liquid locks!

16) Improve transit tube system. They aren't usually fast enough to justify the power and infrastructure space cost and have many other downsides. There are mods to make them better (Unrestricted Transit Tubes and Travel Tube crossing wall and ladder) but you might reconsider some of the approaches. There are better ways to make the system work more like elevators and not have the tubes something you can build behind any type of tile. I and some others made some points about issues with the system and how you could fix them.

17) Improve Jet Suits. Probably good to improve the AI and processing if at all possible, but also their CO2 output should really reflect the fuel input (right now it's x3 the output, no idea why) and they definitely need to be faster. Ever seen how fast a real jetpack can be? Mods do exist for both speed and output features.

18) More adjustable buildings. Some mods are out there for tweakable Aqua Tuners and Thermal Regulators as well as both Transformers. Not always necessary but there are situations where this would be useful. Or just tweak the power requirement for the AT and its power consumption with the heat it removes along with capping the Large transformer to 2kw, still no idea why you have it set to 4kw when conductive wire can only ever carry 2kw before breaking and there is never a real need to go from large conductive wire down to regular large wire.

19) Actual decontamination building that uses some chlorine gas/bleachstone, as seen in this mod. If it comes with deadlier diseases, then this building would be amazing to have and we would finally have a necessary use for a chlorine gas vent. Germs dying in liquid/gas reservoirs, surrounded by chlorine makes ZERO sense, especially when they don't die while the germified liquid/gas is in pipes (works on solids on coveyor rails though, which does make sense).

20) Show which buildings count as "Industrial Machinery". Makes it easier to know what is needed for which rooms, there is a mod for this already, but this should ideally be in the game for clarity's sake.

21) Pressurized Pumps and pipes! Less performance issues and faster liquid and gas transfer, which would be extremely useful for large quantities of gas or liquid and you don't want to sit around waiting for it so much later in the game. Less pipes can mean better performance as well! More details on the idea have been mentioned here.

22) Cut out the arbitrary limiters for Liquid Tepidizer and Space Heater, include information that is lacking for some buildings like the Steam Turbine and rebalance them accordingly. You have weird, non-sensical restrictions that make it a pain to work with Cool Steam Vents and for no reason in particular either. People start out thinking you can use the steam for steam turbine, only to realise it's "too cold" when it's too late and nowhere in the description for the turbine does it say that's the requirement. What do you have so against the idea of STEAM turbine being used to tame a Cool STEAM Vent? Make the turbine accept 100C steam, remove the 85C and 75C temperature limiters for Liquid Tepidizer and balance their heat output so there is no possibility of power creation out of nothing or heat deletion with a building that should be stronger in its heat output. If The tepidizer takes 960w, it should output a total of 960Kdtus of energy, not x4 higher. If the Space Heater takes 120w to power, it should output 120w, not a measly 18w. Automating these buildings isn't all too hard and you can toggle to turn them off to begin with as well, if that is somehow a concern. The different is in what they heat up and the amount of space they take up to do so as well as under which conditions they work (one can get flooded, the other only works inside liquids) which would make them both useful in their own right if balanced like this, but right now they aren't, so please do it.

23) Either make refined metals construction available for building things that normally reqiure metal ore OR replace refined metals as construction requirement for everything that requires ore and make half or so of the metal resources you mine right away already as refined metals (my vote is for the latter for the reasons explained further). Some buildings can be changed to require lumber or some other materials that make sense if you balance things right for that. Then refining ALL of your ore into metal would be a no-brainer in whatever way you do it. Not much in reality is actually made out of ore, we always seem to refine metals. It seems that there is also a difficulty for some new players to comprehend that you can use the Rock Crusher to refine metals so they jump to getting a metal refinery first instead, even though the game shows in the Rock Crusher's menu that you can crush the metals, something everyone visits frequently, and it makes some sense why there would be confusion too, from the fact that it's a ROCK crusher and that there are no powder mechanics, requiring you to smash up ore before it could be filtered and finally refined. Getting to understand how to manufacture steel can then be more accessible as well as you will have some refined iron already available.

These last few aren't so much QOL as they would make it harder for you but would make the game so much more interesting to play and make sense out of challenges that are presented to you.

24) Harsher diseases and deadly cold temperatures (Frostbite damage) as seen in Diseases Restored mod. For Spaced Out you could also include a building like in the mod which would give off lots radiation but would kill off germs at the cost of power.

25) Make chlorine deadly. It looks deadly, it is very deadly in reality so it makes sense to implement this for the gas no matter its temperature. There is a mod for it, but it can get annoying when you consider few bits of low pressure chlorine. Or maybe you might reconsider how this would even be deadly, if you ever implement liquid and gas concentration as a feature.

EDIT: As 26th suggestions would like to mention the fact that growing lumber and refining it to ethanol is a painful and costly process that needs some major tweaking. Not only do you lose dirt unless you grow naturally grown arbor trees but you need huge amounts of space for infrastructure, using ethanol for power is almost stupid and for nosh bean production it is not worth the effort as an early game food and spicy tofu only goes so far. You need space, waste half the power production for infrastructure maintenance, then if you want nosh beans you also need a ton of cooling, losing even more power, it just really sucks.

That`s a lot of needed stuff. I gotta say i agree with most but not all. I`m just gonna comment on a few:

1. We should get an advanced worldegen setting similar to DST. Some options should include setting geyser amounts and types. It could be interconnected with the difficulty setting where hotter water sources would be provided for higher difficulties.

2. An actually "smart" storage would fix a lot of tedious work especially with SO rockets. The new valve meters are pretty nice but it`s still annoying to set up.

3. I`d like to see some consistency. A while ago only powered buildings could send automation but then they added automation for reservoirs for free. Either all should require power or none. Better if none of them did.

6. It still seems to me the devs designed airlocks to not be perfect so you have to deal with the mess. Personally i don`t usually care about some gasses running away but i get some designs need a small airtight door and it`s super easy to make those ugly stacked liquid locks so i guess they should add something for that. I`d say a visco gel door that can go horizontal or vertical and works like a perfect airlock.

9. I never had a problem with stuff being too large. 2x3 building too big? I guess if you got 20+ dupes it adds up. Well we got some smaller alternatives for rockets. They can go further that route and make smaller versions on higher tech.

10. This wouldn`t hurt. Just allow to put all sorts of suits inside the jet suit docks. Inside those all suits would look cool. Then prioritize putting actual jet suits in the ones that have fuel aside of oxygen. You`d pay the extra size for the versatility.

12. Instead of keycard i like a grouping system. Keycards would only work for door access. Gorups could be assigned to door access, food permissions, schedules and priorities. By making a group for newbie dupes you could set all that important stuff by just one click then move them to builders or other groups whent hey get some experience and move speed.

13. As long as it`s not ugly i like it.

14. More materials in general. Why do we have only oine type of glass? Why only one plastic. We need more of those with varied stats like heat resistant plastic for transit tubes, glass with different transparency etc.

16. Transit tubes could use some love. A crossing would be great but i`d love there was a "dupe loader" for rockets that would be connected to a transit tube and load the dupe straight into the rocket without the need for ladders.

13 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

3. I`d like to see some consistency. A while ago only powered buildings could send automation but then they added automation for reservoirs for free. Either all should require power or none. Better if none of them did.

It makes sense if none of them do, we have sensors that do not need power and in reality, it's that sensing that pushes a sensor to indicate what it does in the first place. If anything, current might even interfere with the accuracy of such things depending on what's being measured. A reasonable exception, which is really for input and not output that I've talked about here, would be shutoffs. So long as you loop your liquid or gas pipes, keeping a signal at red when power goes out even if it would have normally gone through the green port is just fine. Just have to make sure to do it correctly, otherwise you might end up for example sending below 0C polluted water going to be sieved into ice.

13 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

9. I never had a problem with stuff being too large. 2x3 building too big? I guess if you got 20+ dupes it adds up. Well we got some smaller alternatives for rockets. They can go further that route and make smaller versions on higher tech.

Early game you have to dig out so much for decent bathroom areas that will stay there for a while at times and rocketry especially has limited options. And again, some of these buildings do not make any sense being this big, especially the sinks and wash basins. Last I checked, most sinks I have used personally could almost fit in a 1 cubic meter of space. If there are no port reasons that these buildings , everyone benefits from this. Larger industrial buildings do make more sense being big however in principle, but I'm still not happy that the molecular forge is 5 tiles high, like come on. Not too big a deal but it can be irritating at times.

14 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

12. Instead of keycard i like a grouping system. Keycards would only work for door access. Gorups could be assigned to door access, food permissions, schedules and priorities. By making a group for newbie dupes you could set all that important stuff by just one click then move them to builders or other groups whent hey get some experience and move speed.

Actually that makes me think a keycard system would be even better. It's much more recognizable than simply grouping things especially when color coded. All of those things could be set to specific keycard access in some way for sure.

14. More materials in general. Why do we have only oine type of glass? Why only one plastic. We need more of those with varied stats like heat resistant plastic for transit tubes, glass with different transparency etc.

Yes! Early game polymer like rubber would be excellent, that would mean you could make some plastic buildings earlier on but they would be less effective, would also allow some earlier buildings to require polymers to build, don't know if algae deoxidizer would work for it as a requirement, but visually it would make more sense. Also found it strange that obsidian is not grouped with glass and diamond (but obstructing a lot of the light of course). We should have an inherent "crystal" category that would include diamond, glass, obsidian and potentially other transparent crystalline materials (ice, brine ice, polluted ice and salt too?). I think it would be pretty funny if we had duplicants with atmo suits that required a "crystal" material and you could use obsidian in place of glass or diamond for example and then the duplicant's atmo suit has an almost pitch black glass visible. Could also have some specifically insulative materials like cellulose or fiber glass specifically for building insulated tiles and as an additional component for Manual Airlocks (if they were made insulative of course, and they really should be).

16. Transit tubes could use some love. A crossing would be great but i`d love there was a "dupe loader" for rockets that would be connected to a transit tube and load the dupe straight into the rocket without the need for ladders.

That is a very interesting idea. Transit tubes everywhere!

I remembered one last thing which I forgot to mention, and it's that many of the menus are painful to go through before I can get to a particular thing in it to view or select. Keycard system could solve some of the clutter but not all, it's particularly annoying for going through the tiny menus in the storage bins, critter feeders and so on to select specific materials. I mean just look at this, I don't want to work with this every few minutes.

image.png.b0787e3f05f1bf727009be887e677d7b.png

The pedestal and farming buildings have some better and bigger buttons with visual elements, maybe you could click through tabs of grouped categories with visual indicators that you can then select the individual materials from. The checkmarks for the tabs and selecting all resources would still exist of course.

image.png.c3f17be9e4270e08d069c9967ebdec6f.png

image.png.f34a6932b6d8dfe7ad9d7d42678daf5e.png

On 4/24/2022 at 2:45 PM, ZombieDupe said:

remembered one last thing which I forgot to mention, and it's that many of the menus are painful to go through before I can get to a particular thing in it to view or select.

Not even mentioning the worst of them all - The critter feeder menu. It`s the one i wish they redo first.

On 4/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, ZombieDupe said:

3) Remove the power requirement for Smart Storage bins and for the refrigerators to be able to send automation signals PLEASE! Continuous 60w for storage to automate signals makes no sense and is overall way too power hungry of a requirement overall. For some reason there is not even a mod that does exactly this. While you're at it, can get rid of the wire port for the Automatic Dispenser as well, it doesn't do anything at all to my knowledge (works just fine without power) and it doesn't make sense that it would be needed anyway, unless maybe you made it so that it can collect resources regardless and then drop them based on automation, I thought that was the idea, but I don't think it works like that.

I think automation in ONI shouldn't require power, especially since sensors and all automation components already are already power-free.  Smart Storage requiring a constant 60W is just silly.  It's smart like a "smart" microwave requiring an internet connection.  In the real world they would all require power to send the signal somehow but often those signals are measured in milliamps anyway, and also it would not be a fun addition to the game to power sensors, just tedious.

Before they do anything silly like that they should require power for anything controlled by an automation signal.  Doors are a good example of this currently implemented in the game where they draw 120W when they are actuating. Vents and High Pressure Vents should require power while actuating as well since something should have to power the louvers moving.  Obviously vents should still vent as normal unpowered. (Also they shouldn't give off a red "plug me in" alert until an automation wire is connected.)

The entire automation system could use an overhaul.  I made a suggestion to improve or remove ribbons.  Automation components are huge.  Buffers and Filters are limited to 200 seconds for no good reason.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:27 AM, ZombieDupe said:

14) Include some more materials for buildings that make sense visually and would not really break balance too much if they did include a material along with variants for building types. Hard to believe you could build solar pannels purely out of glass, and it's strange we can't build tiles, ladders or anything else out of lumber, a material which I think should be much easier to access maybe from mealWOOD and maybe even build outhouses and wash basins out of. There is a mod for some of this but they don't look great, and it's basically every tile version as opposed to one type. Ideally you want various materials to replicate a different behavior for tiles, like diamond/glass window tiles letting light through or metal tiles having high conductivity but not letting light through so there is something to aim for and it would also make sense.

21) Pressurized Pumps and pipes! Less performance issues and faster liquid and gas transfer, which would be extremely useful for large quantities of gas or liquid and you don't want to sit around waiting for it so much later in the game. Less pipes can mean better performance as well! More details on the idea have been mentioned here.

EDIT: As 26th suggestions would like to mention the fact that growing lumber and refining it to ethanol is a painful and costly process that needs some major tweaking. Not only do you lose dirt unless you grow naturally grown arbor trees but you need huge amounts of space for infrastructure, using ethanol for power is almost stupid and for nosh bean production it is not worth the effort as an early game food and spicy tofu only goes so far. You need space, waste half the power production for infrastructure maintenance, then if you want nosh beans you also need a ton of cooling, losing even more power, it just really sucks.

14. I do agree that lumber should be possible to be used in construction application. (though I don't think mealwood should produce lumber). I think lumber should just be in a category for some construction (maybe reorganizing the tag/labels?). Also probably should have negative overheat modifier.
21. I do agree about pressurized gas pipe, since gases are compressible, liquid I don't think it should have a pressured pipe. Maybe having something like a pipe tile (which connects like the transit tube?) might be more suitable for it, though I think it doesn't fit in vanilla.

26. I think arbor tree should be able to be applied farmer's touch (to the branches), and also mutate, then I think it will become more plausible. Also I think lumber should given some state transition like crude oil too.

14 hours ago, pond_grass said:

14. I do agree that lumber should be possible to be used in construction application. (though I don't think mealwood should produce lumber). I think lumber should just be in a category for some construction (maybe reorganizing the tag/labels?). Also probably should have negative overheat modifier.

Why not? It is mealWOOD after all. If mealwood produced 10th of the lumber arbor trees produce for example, you are still going to be growing arbor trees mid or late game and beyond to get more lumber for ethanol if you're going that route for food and power, sometimes you might even be inclined to do so over other options if the system was buffed. Maybe if armor trees were dirt neutral or dirt positive as well it would be even better to grow them since mealwood takes dirt to grow as well. Because I was thinking of making lots of early game ladders, outhouses and wash basins out of it. Doesn't make sense that this stuff requires minerals or metal ore to build. Would give all the more reason to have refined metal ladders later in the game. I'm thinking both could give the same speed boost, but the metal ladders could be neutral for decor while plastic ones could be a little positive for it while having lower melting point materials to make it out of (plastic and such), then we have a use for both types later on and wooden ladders would just be early game stuff mostly.

1 hour ago, ZombieDupe said:

Maybe if armor trees were dirt neutral or dirt positive as well it would be even better to grow them since mealwood takes dirt to grow as well.

Arbor tree is dirt positive even if domesticated, though you will need to use compost. Each tree produce 333kg/cycle of lumber and single ethanol distillery consumes 600kg/cycle. So roughly 1.8 or round up and 2 tree to run a single distillery which produces 200kg/cycle of polluted dirt which can be converted to dirt. that is 180kg/cycle positive dirt.

Also as other notes, while it will consume 140kg/cycle of polluted water, by feeding ethanol to petroleum generator you can generate, 112.5kg/cycle (assumes constantly running), which means net consumption of 27.5kg/cycle of polluted water. Since a duplicant can produce 6.7kg of polluted water per use of lavatory, 4.1 duplicants or 5 duplicants, or if you are willing to make bathroom trip twice per cycle, 2.05 or 3 duplicants, should be able to support them.

Carbon dioxide can be dealt with the produced energy. Catch will be that you will need 195kg/cycle of sand if using water sieve loop, or need about 600kg/cycle of water to run carbon skimmer.

On 4/29/2022 at 1:24 PM, Magheat2009 said:

Using some automation can significantly reduce the power draw.

Shouldn't need it in the first place though since it makes no sense anyway. It's like requiring power to measure room temperature, that's not how these things work and it's frustrating when you have arbitrary requirements in a setting that tries to largely abide by more realistic physics conventions and make you work with that, not to mention that those requirements in and of themselves are annoying to have in the first place, it ruins the gameplay experience more than it does anything clever.

EDIT: A few notes I would like to mention, yes, battery powered thermometers exist and are probably more common now, but mercury thermometers are a thing that exists and they are controlled by the very temperature they are measuring. That is the principle that the smart storage bin should abide by too logistically in principle (not how it would be programmed into the game unless we have some gravitational mechanics, but that is the idea), where the weight or pressure of the storage that is in its container is the thing that triggers the signal in a mechanical manner.

Anything I can think of right off the top of my head that actually measures weight in reality does so like this and the truth is that because the smart storage bins require power I would just resort to using a regular storage bin with a weight plate, which can send a signal without any extra power! All the more reasons to make the smart storage bin not require power, it should be the improved version of such a setup, not a caveat that will break the whole system the moment power goes out for a little while or one that requires you to do mental gymnastics with automation to cut power off from it. I like working with automation signals, but this is just stupid.

On 4/23/2022 at 8:27 PM, ZombieDupe said:

3) Remove the power requirement for Smart Storage bins and for the refrigerators to be able to send automation signals PLEASE! Continuous 60w for storage to automate signals makes no sense and is overall way too power hungry of a requirement overall. For some reason there is not even a mod that does exactly this.

Here you go: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2804447598

Archived