Help Performance with Pressurized Pipes and Pumps!

I hear that having hundreds of pipes and dozens of pipe trajectories can contribute to massive amounts of lag. The solution would be to have pressurized pipes to consolidate up to x10 the amount of liquid you are carrying. I don't know why Klei still hasn't put this in, but it is a must have and has probably has been suggested before. If you are concerned about performance Klei, now is the time to implement such a feature and you have done something like this with wires already so it shouldn't be a problem. Would give the liquid valve an actual use as if it's a transformer without automation instead of being just a building for exploits so pipes going from bigger to smaller ones would not bust, and they could without a valve in-between due to increased flow pressure.

* Pressurized Liquid Pipe + Pressurized Liquid Pipe Joint Plate. These pipes could not be built inside tiles but could carry 100kg of liquid per pipe segment and x10 the materials to build a single segment.

* Pressurized Gas Pipe + Pressurized Gas Pipe Joint Plate. These pipes could not be built inside tiles but could carry 10kg of gas per pipe segment and x10 the materials to build a single segment.

* Pressurized Liquid Pump. Would pump 100kg/s of liquid for faster moving and would consume x4 or x5 the power as a regular liquid pump (960w/1200w).

* Pressurized Gas Pump. Would pump 10kg/s of gas for faster moving and would consume x4 or x5 the power as a regular gas pump.

Radiant and Insulated variants or only 1 of the 3 pipe types for this would be something to consider. If these bigger pipes and pipe joint plates could not intersect with each other that would be all the more reason to use valves and think of architectural strategies to maximize efficiency while still playing by the rules.

While pressurized pipes will be a massive boon to rocket loading, I doubt it will be much of a netgain performance wise. Pipes are just one subsystem, potentially not the heaviest one (I suspect that critters are the heaviest).

In my case game is incapable of utilizing more than tenth of the cpu's power, I think cpu utilization is where optimization efforts should be focused at.

Ahh... Multicore support is like... how do I say this...

You gotta reprogram the whole thing to make it.

And its hard. Very hard.

I gave up long ago.... But there seems to be some memery issue, as game slows down as I progress, and when I reload the save file, some how frame rate went 40% up?....

On 11/29/2021 at 1:47 AM, juni3227 said:

But there seems to be some memery issue, as game slows down as I progress, and when I reload the save file, some how frame rate went 40% up?....

I'm experiencing same behaviour... When playing without restart for prolonged period my frame rate drops to about 0-5 FPS and after exiting game and starting again everything starts to work somehow... 

Don't know if high pressure pipes would improve performance, but I noticed a heavy performance drop when turning on piping or conveyor overlays... And overall performance suffered a lot after I've built several cooling systems and lots of conveyers...

Archived