Final Thoughts from a Wurt Lover

As everyone should know, klei is attentive to the posts, so I'm gathering all the changes I found convenient, fair and fun that I've talked about or seen elsewhere, followed by his explanation and the author of the post where the idea came from. :

Changes:

- I saw someone commenting on adding special exchanges with the merm king depending on the species of oceanic fish you deliver, I thought it was a cool idea, as it would encourage fishing for more varieties. Let's face it, the ocean is a bit of a sad place for now.

- I would like King Merm to give salt or Cookie Cutter Shells (by Ohan) instead of toys as the demand for gold has already been resolved with the update and salt is something that is always in short supply and no one wants to go get it.

- I would like more items that use tentacle skin such as helmets, weapons, sleeping tents or sun shields (Craftable by all characters who have an Alchemy Engine or less). Wurt can produce tentacle skins with the merm king, but the only useful things he can do with it are the merm guards' houses and the raincoat.

- Merms now have passive healing when out of combat (doesn't apply to wurt), I find it kind of sad you have to keep killing your merms so they can have full health (What a cruel princess) (by Sir Christopher).

- Proposing a healing bandage, made from seaweed and/or pexei, this would not only be good for the wurt but for the wormwood, being theoretically based on real skin exograft treatments (Craftable by all characters who have Engine Alchemy).

- King Merm now accepts trading cornfish and popcorn fish instead of eating them. This idea came because I usually avoid catching these fish as traditional baits do not attract them and even if I catch them (so that other fish can emerge) the merm king does not accept them for trade.

- I would like a profession system for mobs like merm and pigs (Example: Lumberjack, Lake Fisherman, Grass and Twig Collector) and that could define each one's profession by the helmet you put on it. I think everyone is fed up with picking up grass, sticks and loose materials on the ground in a world with more than 200 days.

- Merm are naturally aggressive towards dogs when the merm king is alive. I think anyone who plays wurt knows what it's like to have your base full of merm guards, but you still have to run around them in hopes of a dog hitting them.

- Something that was proposed would be the addition of the rage animation to the merm so that the player knows when he is going to attack the player, to be honest this is more for the other characters, but it's an interesting idea (by Creatorofswamps).

:wilson_love:

Weaknesses:

- Something I saw and thought was fair is that the wurt as an amphibian should be more prone to heat stroke problems (by DeadWhereX).

- Merm are creatures that are always wet, that is, they take extra electrical damage, I think this is fair to apply to wurt.

- I think it's also fair wurt for being always wet to be more vulnerable to freezing.

:wilson_cry:

Now I want to know what you guys think and what other changes or weaknesses would be cool for our little friend, florp...:love_heart:

Big yes on better rewards. The trinkets feel like they exist soley to make getting tentacle spots harder... Which is fine but I'd rather have something slightly more useful as pittence. On my current playthrough I've gotten way more gold then I'll ever need in a signifcantly shorter time than usual for myself and others. I just leave the trinkets on the ground for the moles to take. 

Cookie cutter shells would be nice. I'd like to see Mosqito sacks drop as well since they're the only thing left from the swamp that Wurt can't procure from the King. Well, besides tentacle spikes which I would like to see, maybe only from really heavy fish (the ones Pearl accepts) but I can understand if they wanna keep those harder to get.

If i had to choose only 1 thing id definitely choose to replace the trinkets with something more useful. (And general more interesting MK trading if possible). There never was much use to MK giving trinkets but now even less so now that the MK himself can give gold directly in a much more interesting way.

Perhaps keep the spork and rubber bung trinkets since they can be used as bait/floater for fishing. And their effectiveness is also quite good if i remember correctly. 

——

merms from Wurt’s crafted houses never being able to heal almost feels like an oversight because they never return to their houses to reset unlike pigs/bunnymen. Having this fixed in some way like out of combat regen would be appreciated.

Having to kill ur entire army so they can respawn with full HP for a next fight feels wrong :lol:

it would be quite interesting that the fact that the wort takes electrical damage because it is wet but one thing it shouldn't have is the wort has a loss of sanity and another thing it should have  is Yes suffer from heat stroke and cold but something that would help her and the swamp floor since it is also wet and in the summer it is cold so she would probably suffer less or even not suffer at all

2 hours ago, Trevindo said:

I think it's also fair wurt for being always wet to be more vulnerable to freezing.

I feel this is fine but if it does become a thing I feel like Wurt shouldn't have a temp drop from wetness outside of winter.

1 hour ago, Toros said:

Did they fix merms having a long respawn time during winter?

Right now I feel like that's the last QoL change that Wurt needs.

I do still feel this is overly harsh downside considering it almost forces you to mass farm huts or rush the king.

42 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I feel this is fine but if it does become a thing I feel like Wurt shouldn't have a temp drop from wetness outside of winter.

It would be nice if Wurt doesn't get wet, as it's already her natural state, so she wouldn't get cold anymore in early spring.

12 minutes ago, Stonetribe said:

What about Merm king buff persisting between shards? Or does that not count because it's less of a qol and more of a significant buff?

It would be something interesting, I had not thought about it because I do not have much habit of exploring the ruins.

3 hours ago, Ashkain said:

Big yes on better rewards. The trinkets feel like they exist soley to make getting tentacle spots harder... Which is fine but I'd rather have something slightly more useful as pittence. On my current playthrough I've gotten way more gold then I'll ever need in a signifcantly shorter time than usual for myself and others. I just leave the trinkets on the ground for the moles to take. 

Cookie cutter shells would be nice. I'd like to see Mosqito sacks drop as well since they're the only thing left from the swamp that Wurt can't procure from the King. Well, besides tentacle spikes which I would like to see, maybe only from really heavy fish (the ones Pearl accepts) but I can understand if they wanna keep those harder to get.

I had made a proposal, in another post, for fish from deeper regions to have a greater tendency to be heavier.

5 hours ago, Trevindo said:

Something that was proposed would be the addition of the rage animation to the merm so that the player knows when he is going to attack the player, to be honest this is more for the other characters, but it's an interesting idea (by Creatorofswamps).

It's very nice that you mentioned me, thank you❤

5 hours ago, Trevindo said:

I would like more items that use tentacle skin such as helmets, weapons, sleeping tents or sun shields (Craftable by all characters who have an Alchemy Engine or less). Wurt can produce tentacle skins with the merm king, but the only useful things he can do with it are the merm guards' houses and the raincoat.

Since Tentacle spots, pile up with no purpose later in the game, it would be great if tail o' three cats damage was buffed, and catcoon tail drop rate was increased.

Archived