Suggestion after testing and playing with the new WX

Love WX now, here are some things that I feel are missing:

1) A pseudoscience plier made with thulecite in ruins, that allows you to "precision remove" only one circuit at a time

2) A rare drop (in the future, probably with wagstaff arc upgrade) that increases gear slots from 6 to 7

3) Two Thermal modules should make you immune to freezing. Two refrigeration modules should make you immune to fire.

4) The Electrification module should count as electric damage (right now it might be bugged, as it doesn't do more damage to wet targets)

5) Make moggles filter not activate at dusk. We can still see.

6) Make moggles circuit be 5/6 or 6/6 pins. It is really strong. Right now we can equip the walking cane v2 circuit alongside it, which makes ruins rushing too easy.

7) Make charge go up based on food level (70-100% double charge rate, 40-70% normal charge rate, 0-40% food no charge)

8) WX Chorus singing circuit should actually reduce Maxwells sanity (for lore reasons)

Thanks Klei.

I will love to random WX now. Not boring anymore, and don't have to date granny no longer.

8 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

3) Two Thermal modules should make you immune to freezing. Two refrigeration modules should make you immune to fire.

Ain't that already a thing?

9 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

Make moggles filter not activate at dusk. We can still see.

this one I would also like

2 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

jakey already tested it on stream, and you can no longer be protected by fire. he walked in lava ponds with circuits on, and he still caught fire

I heard that you are immune to fire except for the magma, but I'll try it now one minute

1 hour ago, loopuleasa said:

7) Make charge go up based on food level (70-100% double charge rate, 40-70% normal charge rate, 0-40% food no charge)

I would hope they don't go the route of wolfgang's first rework and make electricity absurdly hard to get like mightiness

Also:

• The gastro upgrade is something nobody would invest on with it's high price and low benefit of it. I think it should be made out of a slurper pelt.
  • The Nightvision circuit pins should be 5.
  • The illumination circuit should cost 3 pins, I mean it's good, but not really great considering the options. It's probably an early game thing
  • The HP regen one (Dronemaster Circuit) should be 2 pins. It's not that simple to get, and has a low regenerative rate to compensate.
  • The lightning damage retaliation should be AOE, and affect wet creatures.

I believe with the current stats advanced players will aim for perma 50% speed boost most of the time, with only eventual changes to nightvision or the farming one, depending the need, which is kinda sad. They should all play a role.

3 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

A rare drop (in the future, probably with wagstaff arc upgrade) that increases gear slots from 6 to 7

why not give 4 slot when the game just started

and 1 can be added by eating gears

1 can be added by drop from alter champion

1 can be added by rare drop from broken rook

1 can be added by something in return after give the pig king 40 wires

18 minutes ago, leo920101 said:

Hey I like this general idea of being able to get more slots through one time "quests"! 

Reminds me a lot of Hollow Knight where you can get more charm notches from specific areas and eventually max out.

16 minutes ago, leo920101 said:

Bro, no. That’s basically saying “wx is weak until you do everything in the game” im fine with 1 from eating gears, 1 from wires, one from something relatively later on, but with only 4 slots he’s pretty underwhelming, so you’d want to be able to grant access to more slots soon. It also gets rid of the ability to be fast early on with the level 1 speed booster.

overall id say leave it at six, maybe seven. Theres no reason to make it upgradable, just let us use it as soon as we have something worth putting in it

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Hey I like this general idea of being able to get more slots through one time "quests"! 

Reminds me a lot of Hollow Knight where you can get more charm notches from specific areas and eventually max out.

dude, I have all of your 3 mods, I just relized they're by one same person, insane!

1) A pseudoscience plier made with thulecite in ruins, that allows you to "precision remove" only one circuit at a time

Agreed. Annoying that we have to remove everything just to re-spec.

2) A rare drop (in the future, probably with wagstaff arc upgrade) that increases gear slots from 6 to 7

One seems a bit on the low side, considering that the good ones need two slots. But I'm sure having even one more would be beneficial.

I think the former is already a thing. The latter, yes. Niche, but yes.

4) The Electrification module should count as electric damage (right now it might be bugged, as it doesn't do more damage to wet targets)

I love it! Punish those nasty wet mobs and possibly overcharge some goats while you're at it!

5) Make moggles filter not activate at dusk. We can still see.

100%. Why they don't activate at night only I'll never understand. Something I thought I'd add, have them not activate during a surface full moon would be great, too. My eyes!

6) Make moggles circuit be 5/6 or 6/6 pins. It is really strong. Right now we can equip the walking cane v2 circuit alongside it, which makes ruins rushing too easy.

Yeah, that circuit is pretty op. It basically invalidates Moggles. Agreed on this fully.

A great idea and a good incentive to keep a full chemical engine. Food=Energy, after all.

8) WX Chorus singing circuit should actually reduce Maxwells sanity (for lore reasons)

I love it because it's funny, but there's definitely griefing potential. Maybe just cut his sanity gain in half or have him comment on it?

If I were to add anything onto this, it would be moving the Circuit UI to above the main inventory, as it currently hides behind backpacks when they're not integrated. It's also kind of an eyesore when it's vertical. At least, that's how I left off when testing it.

25 minutes ago, Thieverpedia said:

I love it! Punish those nasty wet mobs and possibly overcharge some goats while you're at it!

it's weird that it electrifies goats, but doesn't do extra damage on wet mobs
unless they stealth fixed that lately

Archived